We're looking for an Online Marketing Manager / Director.
This is a job for someone who is an ass-kicker and problem-solver. It's a job for someone who is creative, hungry, honest, hardworking, and dependable. It's for someone who thrives on being challenged and who wants to take on significant responsibility. It's for someone who wants to be better tomorrow than they are right now. If you're looking for a punch-the-clock, 9-to-5 gig, or if you want a job at a startup to make you look cool to your friends, do not apply. This won't be a good fit.
A little bit about 71lbs
71lbs.com is a venture-backed start-up building innovative software that helps SMBs optimize their shipping and logistics. 71lbs won South Florida's first Pitch Perfect competition and has since continued to enhance our business through Excelerate Labs, a top #3 accelerator in the US. Our team has spent decades in the shipping/logistics industry. We take on big challenges; we don't settle and we have fun.
So. . .what's the job?
Our team is growing and we're looking to bring aboard someone to be our Online Marketing Manager. Our value proposition clearly adds value to our customers. We are looking for an individual to lead our marketing efforts, is web-savvy, and experienced in marketing to small businesses (SMBs) in a B2B environment. You will head our efforts in email marketing, brand awareness, social media, marketing collateral, SEO, SEM, and others yet untested with the overall goal of increasing customer acquisition and revenue.
We're pragmatic, not dogmatic. We have strong opinions and want our Online Marketing Manager/Director to have strong opinions too. But we're not afraid to try new things in order to see what works, or reconsider our positions if something else proves to be better.
If any of the following apply to you, you won't be a good fit for this position:
- You're just looking for a job, not to be a part of something much bigger and help building a company
- You're uncomfortable with flexible work tasks and schedules
- You have poor time-management skills
- You feel like a fish out of water without a well-defined, traditional corporate structure
- You're accustomed to saying the phrase, "that's not part of my job description."
- You're unable to accept and give constructive criticism among your peers
- You're always a few minutes late to everything
- When the going gets tough, you give up
Our ideal Online Marketing Manager/Director . . .
- Just gets it done, no excuses
- Is 110% proactive, gets-it-done attitude
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Sweats the details, but also keeps an eye on the Big Picture
- Is honest, reliable, creative, resourceful, and extraordinarily capable
- Is comfortable within a startup environment, where things move extremely quickly, everyone has to pitch in and wear many hats, and the workday doesn't end at 5 pm
- Has strong oral communication skills
- Is ambitious, relentless, and self-motivated
- Is both a leader and a team player
- Is someone who never makes the same mistake twice
- Understands that this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get in on the ground floor of a startup that has big plans to achieve big things
. . . and has the following skills and experience:
- B2B experiece, marketing to small and medium size businesses
- Has genuine empathetic skills, great with follow-up and details
- B2B, SaaS, or logistics marketing experience is a plus, though not required
The Pay and the Perks
We offer a very competitive compensation package, including stock options.
As noted above, we are a member of Excelerate Labs' 2012 Class, which was recently ranked at the #3 accelerator program in the US. Being part of Excelerate offers unparalleled access to world-class technologists, engineers, entrepreneurs, investors, and thought-leaders, as well as exposure a national tech community.