84 Lumber Company Employee Reviews

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAOctober 14, 2017
I was an outside salesperson. My customer base consisted of home builders and all types of construction projects. The management was easy to work with to satisfy the customer.
Stressful and long hours for managers
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
Decent pay when you hit quota. As a manager there is many obstacles and battles to fight to make improvements. Somewhat dysfunctional because many people are not on the same page, poor communication.
Pros
Flexible work hours for non management positions
Cons
Stresfull
A Good Team
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Combs, KYOctober 13, 2017
I have to say this was a wonderful place to work. They have their own training courses for associates that really familiarize you with their products and course of business.
Pros
Great training, Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
It can be physically demanding at times.
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2017
Great work environment. Very well organized. Systems are very efficient and everyone works together. Opportunity for advancement is always there. I enjoyed working there.
Great place to learn the Industry!
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for 84 Lumber. Great place to learn the Industry. The training goes with you forever. Very comprehensive as to what you'll learn and experience
was a job
Manager trainee / inside sales (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDOctober 5, 2017
job where u can learn alot about building and selling. dealing with other peoples customers trying to figured out what they need with little details sometimes
fun to work at and good people
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 2, 2017
Good place to work at---the manage is excellent but the pay is very low money. My Supervisor is also a very good boss---I like and get along with everyone at the office.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
Benefits and money is low pay
Great Place to Work
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleves, OHOctober 2, 2017
I loved working for 84 Lumber unfortunately due to a new family the only opportunity to move up was relocation in which I couldn't uproot my whole family for my job alone.
Closed down
Sales Contractor (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 2, 2017
Employees were treated as hand tools. Completely disposable. No competitive pay or advancement. No regular pay raises. No overtime pay. No safety importance...get it done!
good job
Manager trainee and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 25, 2017
great job if you are willing to relocate for advancement this thing wont let me continue until i have reached the required number of characters hope you enjoy
summary
Contractor Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victor, NY 14564September 25, 2017
This job was so long ago I cannot comment on this at this time. this job was over 10 years ago and it would be unfair for me to comment on any of these questions. My perspective would be skewed.
84 Lumbers
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 22, 2017
84 Lumbers is a great place to work , everybody treat each other's as Family's.
so glad I got to experience working with forklift's and working hard.
My experience at 84 lumber
Warehouse Associate / Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grover, NCSeptember 19, 2017
I worked at 84 lumber for a year and a half. My experience was very balanced and fair.I would recommend working at 84 lumber if you are seeking great co-workers and a challenge.
Pros
40+ hours a week paid vacation good work environment
Cons
short breaks long hours on first shift
fast paced and interesting industry
SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  SAN ANTONIO, TEXASSeptember 18, 2017
Always stayed very busy. I learned a lot about the lumber/building industry. I felt I needed to work more hours to be completely successful at this position. At the time, just could not commit to more hours and have a balanced home life. Enjoyed working there. Liked the atmosphere and staff.
Pros
great people
Cons
Job required more hours to work than I could commit to at the time.
my boss was fired and not given a reason, because gm wanted a friend hired
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 15, 2017
if you are not a drinker or do not like to party, you will not fit in and will be terminated. this is the first place i ever worked that if you did not act like a college dorm room junkie, no one liked you
Pros
pay
Cons
very college party like
very solid company
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Proud to had worked for 84, I had to retire do to a leg injury , they did everything they could to work with me and assist with my needs.
I would highly recommend this company, I will always buy from and recommend the 84 Lumber CO.
Pros
dependable reputable company
Cons
heavy lifting is pretty much guaranteed
Long hours, low pay
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 11, 2017
They expect you to work 9 hours a day (48 hours per week) and pay low wages. If you are salary and have to use your car to travel to jobsites they only pay 20 cents per mile. They do not have annual merit increases or performance reviews and they hope you don't ask so they never have to give you a raise. It's a very stingy company. Management likes to use a soft tactic of accusing you of underperforming so you won't ask for a pay increase.
Pros
Not many
Cons
No annual reviews, long hours, low pay
Not a good job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  South Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Poor working conditions, sub-standard equipment very cut throat. Managment all out for themselves.large turnover of employee's.would not recommend this place or job. As a delivery person there was no equipment to unload construction materials at job site it had to be done by hand and carried to various placeses on site. Extremely demanding and unsafe.
bad buisness
Coordinator of Sales (Current Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 7, 2017
very stressful place to work. no leadership and very sexist place. they let men make bad decisions over and over again. they let them talk to the women however they want.
Pros
Cons
everything
production
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2017
The job duties of a general laborer vary. They may include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools and machines such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 84 Lumber Company. Our community is ready to answer.