84 Lumber Company

84 Lumber Company Employee Reviews

horrible
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work day goes by quick due to business
Cons: lack of management/ethics
hired with the understanding I would need to learn the field (since I'm an IT grad, and not a contractor. Area Manager said he was hiring me because I was a college grad so I could learn the field. Then, I was fired less than 6 months later with my only given reason being that I wasn't familiar enough with the industry, regardless of having passed all tests I had been given to that point.
Good fun Place
Builder (Former Employee), Coal Center, PAMarch 13, 2015
Extremely fun environment! makes it worth the while. when you get a crew going and have fun it makes it all extremely fun. Breaks are all good
Great Company
Data Entry Coordinator/ Assistant (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2015
I Loved working for this Company. Highly recommended! Company was bought out by Meritage of Arizona.At that time Legendary did a layoff of Greenville employees.
Economic Down Turn
Store Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: Pay Free will
Cons: Long hours
This would have been the dream job if it had not been 2007. Once the housing market crashed this job was terrible for everyone. And if you were at the top of the food chain it was even worse. The company was ok. The upper management in my area was bad the free rein was great so it really didnt matter..
relaxed layed back work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 28, 2015
it was a pretty easy job, you did the same thing everyday. pull your materials, load up, drive to the job site, unload, take pictures, and then of to the next job. I enjoyed working on my own and planning out my day. I didn't really enjoy working in the rain and the cold, but all in all it was a fun job.
productive,well balanced fun and professional.
commercial driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 27, 2015
First thing inspect truck. The go hang out in office talking to the co workers, joke talk about life. the management was great. Sometimes we had very long hours.the people made it enjoyable.
Not the best
Order Builder (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: relaxed work enviroment
Cons: management didn't speak english
It's a really relaxed place. At least where I worked.
They didn't ask for my I-9 till about 6 months after working there so that's about how expendable I was.
No one ever noticed anything you would do. Just work which isn't a bad thing.
First step back in the Lumber World
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Statesville, NCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good stepping stone into the industry
Cons: minimumal compensation for the job
This is a Tough company to work for. While I was there I did learn a lot about the industry in several areas of North Carolina while working with them. In Outside Sales working for 84 you have to be very resourceful and capable of doing several different jobs internally as an employee.
very fun place to work plenty of growing opportunities
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 15, 2015
working for this company was probably the best experience so far, it provided plenty of knowledge as well as being able to learn and grasp every single point related to this company.
Experience depends on store
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Decent compensation, long hours, experience depends on particular store.
positive fun professional work environment
commercial driver (Former Employee), Sac.Ca.January 23, 2015
get there early have some coffee. Then go and inspect the rig I was driving then talk to others and start the day
Fun, relaxed place to work, good group of people
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), DouglasvilleJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun, relaxed place to work, good group of people
Cons: pay is horrible
Fun, relaxed place to work, good group of people.
Customers are awesome, work is non-stressful.
Management is wonderful.
Great place to learn the complete lumber business.
Inside Lumber Sales (Former Employee), Griffin, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: knowledge of the lumber business
Cons: long hrs
84 gives you the tools to be a success selling lumber no matter where you go. Long Hours, hard work and management could be much better.
A company that keeps you a quick thinker
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Elma NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long days
A typical day at this company consisted of working a 12 hour shift, in an out door environment. Most often going to job sites and doing estimates and working with contractors and business owners.

In the position which I upheld, I did not really interact much with other employees due to doing my work estimates and blueprint reading.

Had daily personal sales goals, which helped to have a high sales point at the end of each month.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be how often I would be out of the store meeting with customer and getting them to come to the store to buy more product for future jobs, thus creating a larger customer base for the company.
Worst management
CONTRACTOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pittston, PADecember 10, 2014
Some of the absolute worst management that has ever been in charge of a company. 99% of the assistant managers have more knowledge and know how then the store managers with the exception of a small few. No balance between personal and work life. This is a true statement, you get paid more flipping burgers at a fast food joint.
Fast paced,well organized place to work,with a great breakroom
Lead Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: worked in a fast paced environment
Cons: worked in bad weather
Come into workat times with coffee for upper management,take a look at log-in sheet to make sure all employees under me are at work,check the data base entrys for loads going out for the day,assign correct duties to employees,assist employees building loads going out for the day
hard work
Builder and Assembler (Former Employee), Pottstown, PADecember 7, 2014
the work is demanding lots of work with a hammer and lots of lifting
fast paced workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Madison Heights, VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: great workplace
Cons: non competive wages
great place to learn about general construction in buildings!!
84 lumber
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILNovember 17, 2014
Good place to work. Lots of overtime and great corporate culture
good employer
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 21, 2014
nice place to work, just did not feel it was right for me. people were great, good opportunities and seem to care about the employees, can be long hard days and work week at times. almost always a 48 hr week, but you get the OT pay. usually work a few saturdays a month or all if you are the only trainee at the location.
Headquarters