84 Lumber Company Employee Reviews

Vary fun work placse vary easybto learn and do best places i have ever worked
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bruswick mdDecember 21, 2016
Great day to day jib amazing every thing about it was amazin ir was one of the best times of my life i loved what i did with the job and what i could do after it from what i learned till now
Pros
Learn knew thing
A good place to work
Outside Sales / Lumber & Building Supplies (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 19, 2016
Knowledgeable staff and a good customer following. Unfortunately, they shut down a lot of locations and forced employees and customers to go elsewhere in the areas that stores were closed.
A good work environment
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Eighty Four, PADecember 14, 2016
-sorted through merchandise
-product updates

-learned much about business and how to acquire new clients

-mangers were very just in their decisions

-co- workers were very knowledgeable and hard working

-this is not a grad job if you pay attention
Pros
Business knowledge
Cons
Work/life balance
The job was great, loved the people and enviornment, there were a lot of hours, but when young with no family I did not mine
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2016
It was a great company to work for when I just got out of college, but once family and other things come along the money was just not there. I moved on in same field with other companies and made far more money
terribe,terrible management.
Labor worker/ handler/Dock Receiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 23, 2016
A day at work last about 9 hours, depending if we were late coming back it would be 11 hours.
hard laborer with low pay rates.
Not the paying the full potential pay for workers.
Nice place 2 work...great work people ...
Helper on a18 wheeler hauling sheet rock .... (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 21, 2016
Great people 2 work around ....everybody was fair with each other...the money was good ...they gave everybody a chance ...and sometimes they use 2 call us in on the weekend 2 eat ...O yea I learn how 2 work a crane..
Pros
Do cookout for everybody who works there....
Cons
Good break...good benfits
Ok Place to Work
Co-Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Moorefield, WVNovember 18, 2016
I'll make this short I been there 9 years and got shown the door do to poor sales performance. Yes the business is about sales. However I was not given the opportunity to stay as a lower employee or a different position. Once show to sales its there way to shove you out. And with only a two day notice I thought that was poor on a company I spent almost a decade with just to get shown the door.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 15, 2016
Co-workers were amazing. I learned how to deal with employees and help them through certain challenges. Hardest part of the job was working in the hot and cold conditions.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Worked outside in all weather conditions
84 Lumber
Contractor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYNovember 15, 2016
Not a bad company to work for sad to see them close so many locations. I enjoyed the work that I did with the contractors in the Maysville area. 84 Lumber also did a nice job training associates to perform their jobs better.
Pros
consistent schedule
Cons
many of the employees acted like a fraternity instead of a job.
84 lumber
Lumber Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, VANovember 15, 2016
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here bad pay ,long hours ,not a great work environment I would recommend going somewhere else that's my thoughts on. It
Solid company that provides career growth opportunity!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Eighty Four, PANovember 14, 2016
84 Lumber has been a terrific company to work for. They value their employees and provide career growth opportunities. I am excited to see how the company continues to grow and evolve in the future.
Good company, you get back what you put in
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 3, 2016
managed for over 20 years, If you have drive and desire you can get as far as you want.Great people ,Good mix of working with people, your employees and customers..Need to be in shape,you stay involved all day,inside and outside.
Pros
You get the support you need when you earn it.
Cons
Lots of hours
Had a great time working here
Insulation Installer (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here, the travel was cool, I liked the job it taught me things I had yet to learn. I did not believe i was being paid enough and another job that paid better fell into my lap so i took it.
Hard work for laborers, but significantly easier in managment
Yard Puller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2016
The management can absolutely make or break a job, and the higher-ups here care about numbers and nothing else. At it's current state, the entire yard staff is overworked and unsatisfied with the treatment given to them. This is a good job for a paycheck, but any fulfillment beyond that will not be found.
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
short lunches, long hours, micromanagment, difficult to get any time off, disrespect from superiors
Official response from 84 Lumber Company
October 28, 2016

Have you attempted talking to your front line supervisor? I'm familiar with the folks at that location and I know they care about their people.

Productive learning environment with great people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 14, 2016
By far my favorite job ever. Gethe up at 5am and get ready for a full day of work! Grab some job orders from my boss and get to the forklift to go pick the orders. You get to learn a lot about Lumber. You get the Ultimate Rush once you see houses getting built because of the Lumber that you picked.
Pros
Great pay, great people
Cons
If you think the weathers going to make it an easy day to work outside....ur wrong
good place to start working after school
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 11, 2016
Long days of standing around and waiting for customers
co-workers aren't terrible, can be a hostile environment at times
not a bad place to get work experience
Productive and great management environment
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 28, 2016
It was a good job. I went into the manager field so i was training to be a co manager, where then i would move to a store manager. You have to go through this training which is located in PA, which is a nice experience. The only down fall was you was required to relocate.
good job
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 25, 2016
I would still work there if they did not treat their employees unfair. I do believe that they are racist there and they have you work alone when you are suppose to have two people working together.
Learn your woods
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSSeptember 17, 2016
I was trained in wood. I became an expert. I learned how to read company labels and operate a forklift. I worked alone but help was always around the way.
amazing place to work
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYSeptember 9, 2016
amazing place to work and a wonderful opportunity to gain skills as well as meet a different variation of people.i loved it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 84 Lumber Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval