89 Degrees is seeking an addition of System and Network Administrator (Contract or Perm) who are motivated to advance and have commanded proven proficiency in configuring and administrating networking, websites and database hosting, and network security and user access policies to ensure system availability and performance, in an environment of MS Windows 2008 and 2008 R2, IIS and Jboss web application servers, SQL Server 2008, SAS EBI platform (unix/aix), and collocated data center. The system and network administrator is also responsible for desktop support, development and implementation of 89 Degrees’ disaster recovery plan, and practice and information security policies and practices by working with the data center management service provider and compliance management service provider. Other tasks can also be assigned. The position offers great opportunities for both job skill and career advancement in supporting developers and users of hosted retail client solutions integrating marketing strategy, database, analytics, and digital marketing technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience in configuring and administering network of web servers, application servers, database servers, SAN storage, and Internet connections
- 3+ years’ experience in administrating Website applications and its supporting databases
- 1+ year’s experience with configuring and administering load balancing, server clustering, database failover and remote website DNS failover
- 1+ year’s experience in developing, implementing, and auditing network security and user access policies
- Related Microsoft Windows and IBM aix certification is a big plus
- Strong service orientation and learning attitude
- Degreed in computer science or related field
89 Degrees is an agency that specializes in customer engagement strategy and execution. Our results-oriented services combine database expertise, marketing analytics, technology integration, and creative as a means to connect consumers and brands for maximum engagement and ROI. 89 Degrees enables multi-channel success across a number of key verticals for clients including IKEA, Hyundai, WorldVision, Genzyme/Sanofi and Uno Chicago Grill.