99¢ Only Stores Employee Reviews in United States

Work at any other place...
Deli/Produce Worker (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAMarch 26, 2016
not worth a review. that terrible. there lucky they got this much from me. I worked my butt off and was treated like trash then let go for some weaksauce stuff.
Pros
interacting with the customers and some of your employees
Cons
To many to add. Terrible management, does not care for the employee and etc. really do to much and idc.
Poor leadership
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Leadership from Store Management, DM and Corporate level is very poor. The culture at 99 Cents is about taking advantage of the guy who works hard and goes that extra mile. One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
negative culture, poor leadership....
Decent people, and environment
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 22, 2016
Did not expect my short stay, but it was great while it lasted. Worked right into my busy schedule. Would of liked a litle more in salary.
Pros
10% off on all purchases
Cons
Young workers donot understand what it is to be responsible workers...
good place to gain truck driving experience
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
6 day work weeks favoured drivers and snitches work 60+ hours a week management has favorites most drivers don't care much for safety Starting pay is 13.50$ -14.75$
Pros
free water bottles automatic trucks
Cons
low pay for truck drivers
I have found my work very well
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 31, 2016
On a busy day at work I felt very responsible to do my job very well,and the time went fast .c Chick Fill A . 99cent only stores : in a days work in the store is different to and put the product ordered and in quick time as this busy helping in the register is exciting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I have no insurance
Worst company ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Low pay! overwork you for 5,10,15 cents yearly raises.favoritism from the bottom on up all the way to cooperate.nothing but family in this awful company.managers friends and family get 40 hours a week plus OT while everybody else gets less.they take customer side on everything,employees always wrong.high stress job not worth working here.I wouldn't want my worst enemies working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything 10min breaks, rude customers, no support from cooperate
this job taught me alot
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2015
my work day at this job.reporting to my boss,and him giving me tasks,of what I had to do on my shift.i learned a lot from my boss at this store.what to except at this job or something better.
in my concern the company they can not allow family or related in the some job that's affect the some company
stoker/ receiving merchandise etc. (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2015
some manager's they have favoritism of family related that's the problem in the some job or same company and they allow to be lazy people and other's see that they are not happy other than that every thing is fine except for the issue that the manager push every body except for they family.
co workers
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAOctober 18, 2015
it was a good experience co worker help each other out and get projects down.Due to management being change to a negative to employee
Productive and accesible work times
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 10, 2015
A typical day at work at this store is very busy. In my experience at this store I have learned that no matter what you have to smile and be friendly with the costumers and to never argue with the costumer because the costumer is always right. With my co-workers I have learned that we are like a family. The hardest part of the day is that there are some clients that we have to have a lot of patience with because they offend or treat you wrong but you always have to keep calm and never argue with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when your give the costumer a good service you feel good about it and you feel like you are doing a good job.
Pros
You could get a higher postiton
Cons
The bad part is the low salary/payment
It's a Store So...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CASeptember 7, 2015
A typical day was walking in and just getting to work; if they needed help in the back, at the front, or in he aisle's I was their. I learned that once your inside the best thing to focus on is produce on the shelves; because it always gets messy. Management was fine & the co workers were good as well. We all worked well together. The hardest part was making sure the store stayed clean while stocking. The most enjoyable part was the fact that it was a new store.
Pros
Discounts, Huge place, One stop store
Cons
Can get lost, Compulsive shopping enabler
great place to work, good atmospher, and good people
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
I really enjoyed learning from my co-workers. My immediate supervisor was great and easy to get along with. Everyone was very helpful.