99 Cents Only Store

99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: socializing with customers
Cons: limited hours available
enjoyed working with customers and keeping friendly conversations while ringing up their carts. management and co-workers were all very friendly as well.
A productive store with good earnings
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Calexico, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: day off
Cons: no cons
A typical day working at 99 cent store was that always was something to do, its a store that sale a lot. The store in the mornings when opening get full. I learned there to be more patience than normal. my co-workers were very nice people. The hardes part of the job where when a customer got it mad for some reason, it was a little tuft to handle.
Loved working for them
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Commerce, CAMay 22, 2015
The biggest draw back about working for 99 Cent Only stores is they are not very competitive when it comes to pay rate. The cultural was great and so was management.
Fun, Fast pace environment with friendly staff.
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good deals on food, employee discount, and friendly co-workers.
Cons: No pay for breaks and low amount of hours.
Start the day by breaking pallets or straight to stocking shelves. Organizing shelves to make room for more boxes and keep the area neat, clean, and displayed correctly. Friendly co-workers. Some managers were helpful while others were lazy and rude. Hardest part of job was getting everything stocked with the amount of time we had. Most enjoyable part of the job was definitely communicating and helping the customers. Got to know a few of the regulars and they were very friendly.
Busy but manageable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: hours were not very flexible
It goes from fast-paced to slow.
Lots of homeless people come.
Hardest part was dealing with rude customers on the daily basis with ridiculous request. like a refund on open hamster food.
good place for my first job in USA
cashier (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
12/01/2011 I'm a cashier register i love my job i love the environment i learned a lot i learned how to communicated with customer how to have a good customer services i really enjoy my job.
fair
Produce assistant (Former Employee), Chico, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: got in shape
Cons: managment and pay sucks...no room for growth
I liked the fast paced aspect of being in the produce department but the company as a whole is lacking. the management was poor and misguided. hours are slim to none while continually being cut due to sales being low. co workers were great but we all felt that we were treated poorly. hardest part was dealing with upper management but hey that's retail. and the heavy lifting in the produce deli section. but it gave me a great work out haha. most enjoyable part was getting in good shape due to all the fast paced work and heavy lifting....also quitting my job was pretty cool too hahaha
fun work enviroment
CASHIER/ STOCKER (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 12, 2015
Receiving money and balancing cash drawer. Handing out correct change and processing debit card transaction. Pulling items to front of shelves, stocking produce, deli and freezer section
Store Manager (Current Employee), HoustonMay 8, 2015
keep looking!!! You will have no personal life, act of god will be needed to get a weekend off and they dont pay well enough to get and keep the good employees
Nice hours, but scary environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: customers are rude, co-workers hostile, management barely there for you
I was young when I started to work there, but some co-workers were hostile. I barely saw management and was rarely given any direction that would aid my day to run smoother.
nice first job
stocker (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 4, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: slow hours
a day a work is just like any other day stocking or back up cashier. helping other is my enjoyment. the management is ok. most co- worker are nice and friendly.
really funplace to work and also a lot of things you can learn from
Cashier (Former Employee), Victorville, CAApril 30, 2015
It is a very nice workplace from the very beggining , all my bosses and co workers are very awesome . I cant think of anything that i could say hardest part of my job i enjoyed everything because i am a team player.
Amazing place to work
Sr. Business Analyst/QA Analyst (Current Employee), Katy, TXApril 29, 2015
A great working environment with well mannered people , helpful and a great place to work. The most enjoyable part being the freedom you get to work according to yourself.
chill work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Norwalk, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: full time
Cons: schedules
good co workers the management was really good. learned a lot. pretty laid back work. turned into full time is less than a month
Not the best place to work.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Venice, CAApril 25, 2015
I would say that different parts of the job had both positive and negative aspects. Some of the good parts that I experienced were being flexible to accommodate school. Some of the negative aspects would be being taken for granted and the lack of positive reinforcement in the work place.

There's so much I could say about this company but I rather not.

I would recommend this company for people looking for a part time, temporary job.
Associates are not happy
Store Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: corp does not reply
corporate office don't reply to anything, they don't fix buildings, don't give pay raises. its been just ok. I would not want to work for a company that does not value its associates
very fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tracy, CAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Grow within the company
Cons: Company policies were not all practiced
The company had diverse people working there. Everyone had positive attitudes and work was not too demanding. I enjoyed the fact that they gave me the opportunity to become a manager and grow
Gave me great work experience.
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Paramount, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Gave me a lot of work experience
Cons: Too much favoritism within the work area.
A typical day would be me doing more the one job task. I managed produce/deli/fozen section while also helping out the rest of the store. Such as cleaning the restrooms, sweep the store, provide customer service, maintain the ware house, and also unload or load the truck.
I learned how to do some manager inventory and other responsibilities, provide excellent customer service, cashier, and manaveuring pallet jacks.
You know you are going to have your job because nobody wants it.
Keyholder (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
you stop theft by employees and customers
you manage drugees, alcoholics, people who don't have the skills to communicate with each other
open and close store
best food store ever
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Compton, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
a day at work is lovely

i learned how to keep a store clean the right way

how to keep a store up todate

i love my co-workers

is trying to give it ur all and the customers don't like how u do it

helping people love to help people

1 2 3 4 5

Store Manager
$50,000 per year

99 Cents Only Store Photos

99 cent store, burbank location
A picture of father and son in store.
Holloween Costume !