99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 20, 2016
Working at 99cents stores has been good, work balance is great
but not stable due many operations factors
Great people to work with and be around them, Sr. leaders are in place to help and support ...
Pros
work balance
Cons
stability
bad experience
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CASeptember 16, 2016
I was treated unfairly due to an injury that happened on their property they refused to help me correct my injury on my right foot workmens comp doctors refused to help me as well
Fun place management is bad
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 14, 2016
This place is fun to work at I enjoyed my 3 in a half years working with this company very fast pace and hands on. Always something to do and constantly have to be supervising employees. The thing about this company they lack care for their employees not only with raises but with poor equipment to work safely. Management could be very expecting of you instead of them doing their job and training employees, they assume and leave you to do a task they assigned you. Once finish with the task they yell and scream at you expecting you to just sit their and listen as they mistreat you. As an assistant manager i know it takes a good boss to lead employees, someone who coaches instead of demands. Someone who generates enthusiasm not issues ultimatums. Oh, with minimum wage being 10 an hour do you really thing a assistant manager should be getting payed 11.49? To me that just sounds unfair
Pros
Experience
Cons
Management, poor equipment, short breaks and lunches, poor pay for alot of work
Manage the store
Front End Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 14, 2016
I was a manager for the 99 cents only store. Received truck shipments. Handled money. Counted safe. Was responsible for supervising 15-20 people overnights or during the day.
99 cent stores
PRODUCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CASeptember 12, 2016
Typical work day started out at 5am and I would start by going to check all the produce for any type of rottenness, or if they expired food. I had a coworker come in mid day to help
The 99 Cent Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 8, 2016
This store was not my favorite place to work. They were rude and lazy and I wouldn't want to go back. My co-workers were also lazy and they wouldn't like to do their job. The hardest part of my job was when I got pregnant because they would forget about me and my breaks and then they would blame me for not reminding them. Management did not do their job when you needed help, they took a long time to respond to you when you called for them, which would result in our lines to get long and angry customers.
Good starting job
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Maricopa, AZSeptember 6, 2016
The company is a good starting job for someone that is just out of high school, or in high school. The environment was good and the pay was modest for the job.
Fun and employee friendly
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 4, 2016
I enjoyed the company as my employer, I learned a lot as the position I was hired onto was a new field. I enjoyed the pace and the job I did.
Fun teen job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 2, 2016
I got hired for this job when I first graduated hgh school. It was a fun job but the store is always messy and you have to count out all money by hand. But I loved working there
Fun place to work at times....
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 2, 2016
Must be a people person as you are greeting customers with a smile and pleasant attitude which I did do.....Must be fast and accurate on cash registers dealing with credit cards, cash, and EDD cards. I liked the job very much.....Very big turnover as people were quitting quite often. Management personnel would act like they didn't want to help cashiers when we had a problem....Co-workers were nice but some were lazy.Hardest part of job was dealing with customers who had attitudes and would take it out on the cashiers....Most enjoyable part of job was dealing with customers who were nice and polite and didn't take their problems out on us......
stock clerk
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 29, 2016
Overall a good and safe place to work at. Management is really good at training and very helpful as well as welcoming. Can work and get all work done with team !
learning experience
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 28, 2016
a typical day was always customer service, dealing with employees and typical closing and opening procedures. i learned how to work with others and time management. generally stores management was always willing to answer questions. all co-workers were very enjoyable and easy to work with. the hardest part of working at the 99 cents store would have to be some people in management. the most enjoable were the customers and other employees.
awesome workplace
cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 25, 2016
the typical day at work is i come in count the money in the register provided to me then i get my register ready great fun friendly place to work at i highly recommend
Overall stressful job, not worth the pay rate .
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasAugust 16, 2016
Working for 99 Cent Only Stores, was an overall stressful job that did not pay well for the amount of work being done. Nevertheless, the management and employees were awfully rude with other employees and customers.
Pros
Early Closing Time
Cons
Rude Management/ Employess
laid back
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAAugust 10, 2016
laid back. I got a great chance to be promoted. management really followed through with their employers and customers. It was kind of hard with the work demand but everything was done
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAAugust 9, 2016
Fast pace job learning how to use cash register stocking merchandise and doing inventory friendly coworkers meeting different people.
Pros
PROMOTION
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Busy and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2016
My opinion about a typical day at this store is always being prepared for what the day brings to you, from the rudest customers to the sweetest people you'll ever meet. No matter what, you always got to stay positive and be professional. What i've learned was always work your hardest and in return you will success in life. The management at this store was pretty stressing, some were understanding and others were really hard on you. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the management team having their favorites and treating the rest of the employees less. Other then that, i really enjoyed working at this store and learning new things.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
hectic unorganized work enviroment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 3, 2016
management was terrible, jobs were never even others were forced to pick up slack after others with no compensation

work was always hectic not a very fun work environment half the employees did not speak English

co workers were not very friendly

hardest part of the job was picking up slack after others
Pros
break and lunch if shift was over 5 hours
Cons
no benefits, no overtime, management was terrible
great place great supper visors
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAAugust 3, 2016
i was a cashier had great customers sometimes..my super visors were really nice my co workers too...if i ad an emergency and i couldnt come in they would understand i just had to bring prove but it was a nice clean environment.
Pros
we ad our lunch and breaks
Cons
we couldnt go even if we had our scheduals
a fast paced environment. Management and employees need better training
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAAugust 1, 2016
A lot of days we were understaffed. The company would send too much merchandise to our store and everyday was chaotic.
I enjoyed some of the employees.
Pros
Relaxed rules
Cons
short breaks, bad wages