99 Cents Only Store

99 Cents Only Store Employer Reviews

Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Constantly busy
Cons: On call daily
Always busy time always seemed to fly. Learned how much work truly goes into retail, it's non-stop. Co-workers easy to get along with.
It's a nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Yucaipa, CAMarch 22, 2015
It is a great place to work, lots of changes since new owner took over. Management is fare and will work with you as much as possible. Hardest part of job is lack of communication between management staff and cashier/ stockers.
Prepared me more for my other jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
This workplace prepared me for Memorial Hospital and helped me understand more of what is expected of me in their management staff and honed my skills to complete my duties to the best of my abilities.
Fun work place
Senior Financial Analyst, Logistics (Current Employee), Commerce, CAMarch 15, 2015
Fun work place with lots of challenging things to do, and also an interesting operation and industry to be working in. Must be there to appreciate...
Productive, fun work place!!!
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: my grocery bill was very affordable!!!
Cons: relocate to texas!!!
Fun, fast-paced environment stocking store, manager very helpful in all aspects of work, stocking merchandise and inventory!!!
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), San Lorenzo, CAMarch 5, 2015
Fun co workers and environment. free to work at you own pace unless otherwise told. very flexible in shifts. overall good
Very nice place to work for
Student Worker through TPP Program (Former Employee), Hesperia, CAMarch 1, 2015
Management worked well with my disabilities. Co workers were extremely nice and were team oriented. Bathrooms could of been maintained better.
Very stressful job.
Stocker (Former Employee), Maywood, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers.
Cons: stressful, little break room, too much work in so little time.
Every day was stressful in the warehouse simply because the warehouse had limited space and the stocker's job was to break pallets of merchandise inside the warehouse and then later stock the merchandise. It was almost impossible to do this because of the limited space in the warehouse and in the five hours they'd give you a day.
productive and clean place to work
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: we always have work
Cons: short people
I start closing register when I finish close the morning crew,i take my own register.
I learned work alone and fast
the co-workers are strong 4 people at night
we don't have enough employees at night no cashier,no floor we are same people to recovery the store.
Help the customer
Ok place to work for part time workers or students
Night Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: people and hours
Cons: money, time, and benefits
Decent place to work, people are nice and motivating but the paid is bad and the advance options are not many. Other than this its a good place for all college students who need part-time jobs.
fun job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), La Quinta, CAFebruary 20, 2015
Cons: cellent customer
love to work at 99 cents store, great work performance, excellent customer service.it didn't feel like work bcuz I loved what I did, 99 cents store was more like a family.
productive and fun to be there
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Stocking, interacting with my co-workers and working together as a team.The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
It wasn't challenging
Store Assistant (Former Employee), Hawthorne, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: stagnent, boring
I basically did go backs all day. I was looking to be challenged more and be more versitile in my job duties. My co-workers were nice and I enjoyed being around them.
Lack of Knowledge
Store Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: no time for breaks
The way of Training is bad, no one gets Trained correctly. They do Not show you the Way they want their company to run a Successful Store. Basically you got to run the Store your own style and way. The problem is the Lack of Experience they give you while being in Trained.
fun place to work
Cashier- Mostly (Former Employee), Westminster, CAFebruary 9, 2015
coworkers and management were very friendly and helpful, a fun experience to learn new skills and meet new people. I was mostly a cashier but working here i also learned many things from other positions as well.
More or less
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not many hours
The job has great management, but compensation wasn't very high and no benefits what so ever. a typical work day is just stocking shelves and running the cash register
Most things a dollar of less
Shift Supervisor/ Trainer/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: not fexable
Managing co workers to do their best in a day to day job and to make it worth it and enjoyable. Making sure all merchandise gets to the floor as also making sure all employees are doing their job in a timely manor.
fun
Cahsier (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2015
I go there say hi to the co-workers and then go to the head cashier and ask for the register and the count the till close the person who needs the break and then take the next person. if it's not busy i will do other stuff. I learned what to do daily at work if there's no head cashier. The co-workers are nice and i like them all. The manager is not bad but she dose not respect the workers. the hard part is the night shift when you need to close and finish the go back, cleaning, and fronting, the good thing is the morning shift when i will leave really and i did work a lot of hours.
more than meets the eye
Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free samples
Cons: crowded office
A typical day would start at 8am and end at 5pm with your scheduled breaks & lunch. I learned how much work really goes on behind the scenes to bring the customers the great deals and how many people want to be associated with that. Most of my co-workers had been there for years and had a great bond. Hardest part of the job was making sure that merchandise levels were able to keep up with the demand without having too much on hand. Learning the new system.
Dicount Retail
Store Manager (Current Employee), DFW,TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Th company is becoming more Innovative
Great customers and location are a positive asspect
Continually Evolving to lead the industry and setting higher standards

1 2 3 4 5