99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

Poor Management in the company.
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2017
Managers seems to only care for them self and the ones that work hard are the ones that fail. Some of the managers feel because they get salary pay they don't have do any thing they only stay two hours of day and stay in office on there cell phones and talk to there friends about the next dinner dates.

Their are manager that lost there keys three times and never report it and never got in trouble for it but let a person call in and say they are sick or going to be late you will be in trouble the next day you come or might even suspended.
Steady and Enjoyable
Night stocker (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 10, 2017
Truck nights were fast paste, other work days steady. Management was understanding and easy to work with. Work enviornment was calm, easy to work with and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Sometimes slow nights
Fast paced and family oriented environment
Safety Lead (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 10, 2017
While working here I was able to be cross rained in multiple departments in the store. Manger was very understanding about schedule changes and and giving you extra work hours when available.
Pros
Access to great prices, schedule accommodations
Cons
Low pay, constant schedule changes
Fun and interesting.
Receiving deli produce cashier stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
The kind of costumers that go through these stores is interesting. If you're looking for experience this is the right place. You'll learn a bit from everything
Hi
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 9, 2017
Busy
apparating register/ managing money/ closing the store and the money bank , costumer service, answering phone calls.
Nice
friendly
busy and not much chashiers present
communicating with people/ co-workers
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAOctober 9, 2017
n/a there is not much I can say the 99 cent store . They didn't give me good hours . i didn't like the management as much . It wasn't a hard job I don't agree with the way they operate
very cut throat
Overnight Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAOctober 5, 2017
I had a very hard time here because I did not speak spanish, I was singled out often, had trouble with management because I could not understand them, which led to poor communication.
Pros
10% discounts
Cons
This store played favorites
start work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 5, 2017
just starting didn't really like it, but its was good when it was now its good to do new jobs and meet new people . it was a easy job , learned so many things and more to know .
Pros
easy job
Great job to learn how to intereact with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for that company as well working with he employees. I learned the value and responsibility it takes to build a relationship with customers as well with coworkers.
Fast Paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CA 92376October 3, 2017
The 99 is an ok place to work for those who are in school. Part time will totally help out to those in school. But as in other wise i think it sucks for those who are not in school so they dont have to deal with such low pay and short hours in the week.
It was a better working start off for me as a junior in high school
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
I loved working for 99 cents only store because of the very balance i needed for school. If i had any after school programs during my senior of high school they would work with me. I loved the culture mixing of the store and company. Made great friends
Pretty good workplace to work if you want time to go by fast.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAOctober 2, 2017
Pretty good work environment with nice people who make a bad day feel like a good and fun day. The work is fast paced but its fun once you get the hang of it.
stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXOctober 2, 2017
keeping track of register given for that specific day maintain a trustworthy register with the correct change due keeping work area clean stocking up drinks provided at register
Good if you are just looking for experience and dont have a family or life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2017
This job is not for everyone. Very hard hours. Very stressful. Upper management has unrealistic expectations given the hours they give. The turnover is crazy high so they are constantly hiring. Sick calls are out of control. Recruiting people for this job is extremely hard and ok one is given enough hours to live. Stealing is contant and there is no way to stop it. In short, not worth the headache and stress.
Pros
Cons
Long work day, turnover, low quality employees, stress
Ambiente de trabajo
Cashier/Head Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CASeptember 27, 2017
La tienda suele estar ocupada, pero como trabajador mantener el el control y tratar de que los demás también tengan control, se aprenden muchas cosas nuevas todos los días
Decent First Job.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2017
As a first job it was decent. Would have liked more information on tasks provided when I would ask for assistance. Very fast paced especially the 1st of the month.
fun place to work the worker hep each other out
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 26, 2017
i love it there the worker in there treat you like a family member.My time there help me learn thinks that will help me with other jobs opportunity it sure was a great job to be..
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
shot breakers
Busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 25, 2017
Overall a great job to have the managers and coworkers were very fun to work with. Fst paced enviroment but the customers were always great and understanding.
poor
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 25, 2017
Work environment was horrible, stressful, poor pay, managers taking advantage of employees, no fair pay, no vacation paid off, or sick days. If sick or running late automatically hours where cut. Just Horrible !
Pros
nothing
Fast paced environment
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90057September 24, 2017
It is very busy you have to learn how to deal under pressure and be a quick learner and problem solver. Management wouldn't always come when called and didn't give breaks and lunches on time some managers would but others wouldn't. Overall the work experience is good you just have to learn how to adapt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 99 Cents Only Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9