99 Cents Only Store Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment with no SOP'S
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Not many
Cons: Long hours and super hands on
As a manager you will work long hours and be short handed of associates, so you will have to pick up the slack. Also forget about having family time. You belong to the 99.
Productive Workplace
Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Glendora, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: They work with your school schedule
Cons: short breaks, no room for pay raise, inconsistent hours, some managers are really difficult to work with
The 99 Cents Only Stores is a good place to learn about retail because the managers give you a lot of work that needs to be in done in a short amount of time. On top of that, you have to provide good customer – more... service to all customers that need your help. I learned how to recover, stock, provide customer service, and front merchandise the right way. I have good and supportive co-workers here. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers. The hardest part of the job is when the store is a complete mess and we are short-staffed the amount of work is extremely high. – less
Nope.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 17, 2015
Pros: It paid
Cons: everything
Hated this job. Employees were rude. Customers were ghetto. The shop smelled bad. It was one of my first jobs and I wouldn't be caught dead even shopping there. Everything is shipped from Mexico, way to support the U.S.
Great environment
STOCKER (Former Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: Lack of hours
I looked forward going to work each day. It was a great place to work. I liked working at a grocery store because it wasn't boring, everyday was something new.
produtive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lake Elsinore, CAAugust 12, 2015
A fun place to learn how to manage. the ability to move up in the company I enjoyed working there the five years that I did I learned a lot
very productive workplace
Order puller (Former Employee), commerceAugust 10, 2015
very hard work, lifting up to 60 pounds on the daily, order picker, coworkers was very dependable and reliable. very fast paced enviroments, pallet jack certified, forklift certified
• Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
Cashier (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Acquired new references.
Cons: Inconsistent hours.
Gained a substantial amount of customer experience, Personal training by shadowing management and supervisors. Learned product knowledge. However, hours were inconsistent.
good place
Volunteer (Former Employee), pico rivera,July 29, 2015
the place was a good place to work at the staff was nice but the manager at the time was not nice fired all the new workers right away.
An exciting place to work, for a peoples type of person.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Monterey Park, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: all benefits
Cons: Always over budget
I definitely enjoy a fast paced kind of job. The staff here are really helpful and very much interested in the needs of the customer. Humble place to work awesome work environment.

Management! OK But can use some improvements in some areas.
productive work place
Lead Supervisor/ Merchandising (Former Employee), victorville, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: sjort breaks
Flexible with work schedule. Everything is easy to learn, all co workers are very friendly and helpful. Frequent customers made the job fun.
Cashier
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: The management was very considerate
Cons: None
The 99 Cent Store was my second job. What I like about working there, is that we worked in a team. The management was very considerate,
Fast pace envirnmont
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: overtime, and double time adds up really quick with the hours we work.
Cons: No work/life balance, Not much recognition for the good that is being done but the bad is recognized constantly.
A typical day is well, very hectic. If your not running around because you might have a regional/dm visit, then you are running around because you do not have sufficient help in store to complete all the – more... tasks that need to be completed. Working 12/16 hr shifts well there is no real work/life balance which can be really hard at times. I have learned a lot from this company, both good and bad but do not plan on staying since they basically want you to live there. – less
Cashier stocked
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Azusa, CAJuly 19, 2015
if you love the 99 you will love working here. It can be boring at times but not too bad. Getting to see all the new merchandise that comes in is awesome.
Friend co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2015
99 cents only stores is a good place to gain work experience. Very friendly people. You can learn customer service skills if are not use to work with people. If you have a lot of customer service experience you might find a higher pay job somewhere else.
In store, clean
Stocker (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXJuly 15, 2015
I would started a varies of times, I would started by cleaning then stock all items on the shelf. I would close sometimes. i would have to clean store inside and the outside. Load and unload trucks
good place to work for
Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 14, 2015
get paid weekly thats why i like it. easy work nice co workers. alot of people shop there makes time go by fast. always busy never slow.
Productive enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 14, 2015
ON any typical day you start by walking the floor, this consists making sure the bathrooms are clean. Walking every isle and picking up merchandise and putting it on shelves. If there is a spill then you – more... call it in to cashiers who send someone to clean it up. Then you head to the registers, are assigned a register for that day and begin helping customers checkout. Answer any customer questions, if i didn't have an answer then i asked someone who i knew would know the answer. The hardest part of the job for me was matching speed and efficiency. – less
Was a great experience being an Assistant Manager
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Palmdale CA & Norwalk CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and pay
Cons: Upper management's outdated and biased mentality of promoting
The best part of my day was not telling employees what to do, or delegating tasks to them, but the interaction with customers. My sole job was to provide them with the best shopping experience and I did that and more. I established a first name basis and a kinship with a lot of different customers and in turn they became loyal and regular customers.
friendly an fast pace pace enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: loved the job
Cons: none
the 99 cents only store was great. Always plenty to do. i liked being able to stay busy.I loved the customers it was a great expieriance
very unorgnized company
Key Holder (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAJuly 10, 2015
Working hard with lots of responsibilities.Very bad schedule and lots of over night works.very old stores with dirty office,break room and restrooms.