A+ Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Depending on which branch you're at great workplaces!
Operations Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2017
I've worked at the Georgetown branch as a teller= LOVED now I work at a different branch = LOVE. Easy to move up if motivated. They have a great program to keep employees healthy & motivated. Overall great teams to work with!
Pros
Discounts on different things; big into keeping employees motivated and healthy!
Cons
Depending on branches / management ; not that flexible hours
A lot going on right now......
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2017
The lending division is going through lots of changes.Its just that the CLO is not a good leader and the whole place is scared every day because he does not care about people.

Which is surprising because its a credit union.
Pros
Cons
many
Great for learning and growing with the banking industry
Member Service Officer III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2017
There are many different aspects to a Credit Union, therefore many opportunities for learning. A+FCU is good about educating and training you. They even allow you to cross-train with other departments so you can better understand how each part of the Credit Union operates and how they all work together. They are good about promoting from within and offer opportunities for training and advancement.
Great Overall
Member Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXDecember 5, 2016
Loved working here. My branch was great. although i did hear that some branches were not as great. Pay is probably the best you will find, especially if you come from no experience.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2016
A very good place to work. A great CEO. Slowly working its way to becoming a bank though. It is just lacking the funding, as most credit unions do. If you like your weekends, then apply for a back office job. Anything in branch will have you working every weekend but one in most scenarios. Company has issues with being afraid of its own customers at times. This can cause major issues. Very high sales driven in branch. Be prepared to sell, sell, sell, while the company says that they are for the community and it isn't always about numbers. It is very much about numbers. Overall, it is a decent place to work. Most jobs on average for a full time employee range from $23k-$29k.
Stressful negative environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 12, 2016
I worked for this company for 1 year and 4 months and was only ever given negative feedback. They do a monthly review of your mistakes. Liked my coworkers but it's very cliquey. Lots of volunteer events. Very high sales goals and could get fired from not meeting them
Pros
Free food a lot, birthdays and such are celebrated, Christmas parties, high pay
Cons
No room for advancement, high stress, negative attitude
Relocated to home town.
Assistant Branch Mgr./MSO III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2016
Always an opportunity to learn something new, daily.
I gained a great deal of experience in sales, service, operations, business development and management.
Company was small enough to have close working relations across departments but large enough to grow with the demands of the industry.
Up beat and dedicated
Member Services Officer I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2016
A+ is a good company. They hold high standards for optimal member service and provide good benefits and entry pay for tellers.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
lots of off the clock homework
Wonderful People & Opportunity for Growth
Lending Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2015
A+FCU is great because they like to promote from within the company! I have been promoted 3 times in the 3 years I have worked here. If you work hard and participate in the internal training programs they offer, you can go far.

But most importantly, I love the people I work with. A+ feels like my home away from home and my coworkers feel like my second family. Highly recommend this place.
Pros
Great hours, free food days, blue jean Fridays
Cons
Work-from-home option available for only some positions
A TRUE workplace family
Member Service Officer/Teller (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 24, 2015
Work at a financial institution is tough and stressful, but my coworkers and managers were always communicative, supportive and cheerful. I felt respected, encouraged and included at all times. I loved working for A+!!
Pros
lots of treats/food/snacks from members and management, friendly environment
Cons
high stress situations
Assist Customer with Financial Transactions
Teller - Vault - New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Plugerville, TexasJune 4, 2015
Greet Customers
Perform financial transactions
Inform of other opportunities to save and increase cash
Review accounts to determine if desired transactions can occur.
Assist with loading cash dispenser and ATM.
Assist with receiving funds from the Federal Reserve.
Keep cash drawer and balance at the end of the day.
Pros
Nice environment, pay raises
Cons
No advancement
Family Oriented- Great Employer for the Youth
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2015
I've worked at A+ for 8 years, and in that time I've had a wonderful experience. I love the company's kind and caring environment. The company greatly supports education and provides all employees with training and access to an interal university. It really has been like working with family. The only downside to A+ is that the company's salaries are low compared to other credit unions in the area. Benefits are poor also. With my growing family, I barely receive a paycheck after I pay for insurance.
Great people to work for.
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2014
A+ FCU is a great place to work. I have gained a great amount of experience.
Amazing
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJuly 7, 2014
A+ was my first job. I met some of the best people while working there. Everyone is very caring and loving.
Pros
Great co-workers, great environment, and awesome pay.
Cons
Management could be overbearing and goals can be difficult.
Productive, Highly flexible, Comfortable work enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Great work environment.
Very positive co-workers,
I enjoyed my job duties and the events I participated in to promote the company.
Co-workers are the best part of the job
Member Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasNovember 3, 2012
A typcial day at A+ is dealing with a lot of inconsiderate members whom want to get their way. If you tell them no they go above and beyond to try to get away with whatever they can. The management team starting from the top is very inconsistant and not great communicaters. The best part of the job is working with your co-workers. The medical benefits are not worth it at all, but they do have white glove which is a plus. The scheduling depending on which branch you work for, but with my experience if you prove yourself to be a great worker they use it to there advantage.
Pros
products
Cons
lack of communication through out the entire credit union
friendly people
Member Service Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXOctober 9, 2012
offer great products, and great interest rates
Small family
great co-workers
management-could be better
Pros
good products
Cons
computers, systems -not very efficient
Great Work Place with a Fun, Open Environment
SR. MEMBER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 15, 2012
Everyday activities include assisting members with daily transactions and referring products or services member may need to help them achieve their financial dreams. Work with branch team members to develope business with local businesses, school districts, univeristy, and chambers of commerce to promote the credit union.
The members thought they were the owners of the Credit Union
Member Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2012
This Credit Union was probably the worst one I worked at because the members were alway trying to get away with things. The managers there were always in a bad mood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A+ Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

A+ Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location