A+E Networks

A+E Networks Employer Reviews

Great company, great family
Master Control Operator - Broadcast (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
A&E's greatest asset is its employees and the company is quick to recognize that. Management has a great sense of their products and targets them well. A&E is also a family friendly company with excellent benefits and care.
Great Company!
Format Producer (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
I love working at A&E Networks. This company allowed me and pushed me to grow. I have had the greatest success with them and thank them every day for believing in me. Great managers and staff.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2015
very professional

excellent management

clean place

Good quality products

good working hours

excellent co-workers

great place to work

Human resources has excellent folks
A&E
DIRECTOR, Operations & Engineering (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
A very fast paced company. Very exciting projects to work on.
Post Producer
Post Producer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 9, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: good people
Got programs ready for air on A&E Networks. Including post audio work, graphics, Avids, audio boards, multi-functional servers and S&P issues.
Quality Control Technician - Production Services (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2014
Pros: learned new technology
Cons: a lot of freelancers - no benefits
Great place to work. Nice and friendly coworkers. Great management
Interesting, exciting work.
Consultant-Website Producer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: exciting environment.
Opportunity to be involved in the television/media industry. Fast paced and organized environment was a perfect fit.
Good
International Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
Good, but not great.There should be more mentorship of entry and junior employees.
A Television Network is a Fun, Creative, & Collaborative Environment
Administrative Asst - Distribution Legal (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, collaborative environment
Cons: salaries on the low side, no job security
A&E is a very large cable TV network conglomeration. The job I had there could be fun or stressful based on the amount of work to be done and the people you worked for. For the most part it was creative and collaborative, other times it was territorial and crazy.

A typical day for me was supporting the legal team that brokered multi-million dollar deals with cable providers and created the contracts for those deals. I managed the physical and electronic housing of those contracts, and helped make the work lives of my team run smoothly by processing expenses, making travel arrangements, setting meetings, drafting correspondence, and getting invoices paid. My team worked with the companies that provided cable programming to their viewers. This area of the business brought in half the revenue for the network. It was a very important part of the television delivery system.

I had great co-workers! Many of them became my close friends and we had a tight-knit, supportive workplace because of the relationships built within the company. The hardest part of the job was managing the different personalities and management styles that can be found when working in a creative team environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the close working relationships I had with my team and other people in the company. I learned a tremendous amount about the cable industry as a whole, in addition to the specific legal, sales and marketing aspects of the business and how the business side of television works.

All in all it was a great work experience and I learned a lot. I will always be grateful to A&E Networks for the opportunitites and knowledge that I gained there.
Not ready to write a review at this time.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE COORDINATOR (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.Not ready to write a review at this time.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Broadband Producer (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 29, 2014
We are a hard working team that can get projects completed days before deadline.
Gained Valuable Experience Daily
Producer (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 24, 2014
I feel challenged everyday. Working in a fast-paced environment, in a department that encompasses international vendors and tight domestic deadlines, I have gained invaluable insight into my own worth as an employee and logistical resolutions quickly and efficiently.

I love knowing what needs to be done and figuring out the best way to utilize my resources in solving problems and accomplishing goals.
Customer Care was very professional awesome place to work.
Credit & Collections Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: great incentives, free lunch, time off.
A&E Networks is a great company during the 9 years I was there.
Very professional and organize with great employee stability.
I learned various experiences from managing a group to financial skills. Co-workers were friendly and acceptive very helpful.
The hardest part of my job was skip tracing individuals and meeting deadlines. Enjoyable thing was to always get appreciated and awarded for a job well done.
Work
VIDEO CONFERENCE ENGINEER CONSULTANT (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2014
Typical work days. See famous people a few times a week. Enjoyable people to work with and work for.
A+E Networks
Global Manager, Technology Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: people and partnership
Cons: newly renovated lunch cafe
It's a privilege to work with such great individuals at A+E Networks.
Business as usual
INTEGRATED MARKETING FOR A&E AND BIO (Former Employee), NYCJanuary 1, 2014
Typical television network
Pay is at lower end of what is paid in the industry
Office is conveniently located
Support staff is made up of mostly freelance employees
Productive place to work. No career advancement.
QC Technician - Broadcast Production (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 24, 2013
Most people are freelance with no chance for staff positions.
Great place to work.
Vice President Advertising Sales, History (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great overall workplace environment
Cons: not much room for advancement
Excellent work environment that challenges employees. Strong management team that respects their people
Well paid fun job.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Stamford CTSeptember 13, 2013
Learned a lot about web production.
Management was nice and thoughtful.
Wish it wasn't a temporary job.
Senior Freelance Coordinator/ Assistant Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
I was a freelancer contracted to 1.5 years of work there. During that time, I helped producers and editors work on the top shows from the History Channel and A&E networks.

About A+E Networks

We were founded in 1984, with two cable channels when cable was far from a sure bet. Now we’re a global entertainment media – Read more