A+E Networks Employee Reviews

TV Network
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2016
A&E Networks is a forward thinking company whose focus is on owning content and having a global reach. There are many facets to the company. Working in program scheduling has provided me with a creative background and an eye for detail. As much as I enjoy the challenging work and the job itself, the commute to New York is expensive and time consuming. I would prefer to find employment in my home state of New Jersey.
Pros
Health benefits; pension; 401k
Cons
Manhattan location
A+e networks
Director of Production (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2016
No work life balance, management is not realistic. Low budgets and high expectations are a real problem. Wasted time on revisions. Compensation is ok, benefits are great.
Great place to start a career
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2016
Great for entry-level prospects looking to get experience, however upward mobility will be frustrating...it's difficult to understand what qualifies for promotion...NY is definitely the central focus of this company
Pros
Great brands, knowledgeable executives
Cons
Top heavy organization with little opportunity for advancement
Productive and Fun Work Place
Administrative Assistant - Client Services (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 28, 2016
During the new work calendar year, work in very busy with updated all spreadsheets and making sure the new budgets for the year are calculated correctly. On a daily base I can have either a full 8 hour work day or some days when work is slow I can have a full 5 hour work day. Employees are very helpful when working on projects and vise versa. I enjoy working with others especially when the team is fully committed to getting the job done. A&E is all about having fun and enjoying yourself no matter how hard things can be. Love that everyone is so joyful so when you might have a not so good day there is more than enough people to help make that better.
Stingy on salary and benefits. Uses a lot of contract workers to save on benefit expenses.
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 29, 2015
A pleasant work environment, but a great company for career advancement and development. Employees are like lumps of coal to burned up, only to be replaced by new lumps of coal. Friendly people overall. Managers are not to top notch kind of people you find in top media companies, probably because they don't offer top compensation and benefits.
HR recommends leaving the company to get a salary increase
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2016
A typical day here is trying to navigate the layers of bureaucratic nonsense, do the few things you need to do to get your job done while keeping your head down to avoid getting hit with the drama of people's egos.

I have worked here for a long time, through several departments and managers and I am noticing a very disheartening trend. This company used to reward loyalty and instead actively encourage people to seek experience and pay increases elsewhere. Bottom line, if you're looking to move forward your career don't work here. They consider this a job and expect you to treat it the same. You are a number to them and nothing more.

So between the petty drama and the corporate culture, the most enjoyable part of the day is 5 pm. Which is an awfully sad thing to write. I used to love working here.
Pros
Surprisingly, there are still a few good people here with whom it is a joy to work with
Cons
HR, the culture and upper management
great people. tough to move up
Producer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 17, 2016
people are wonderful here but upper management has a hard time communicating down to the people who their decisions affect the most. They try to provide a supportive work environment...so A for effort?
Friendly Environment
Manager, Distribution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2016
A+E Networks is a smart cutting edge company with great programming and a solid product. People across the company are smart and innovative.
Pros
Cons
Low Compensation
I recommend
IT Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
Great place. Great place with good energy, buzz, has Starbucks coffee, and fun people.
There is always something going on. I liked it and think you will too.
great place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Interesting work, good hours, great managment team. Great culture. Room to grow learn new things. Systems need to updated
Competitive yet fun working environment
Sales Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
Company works hard to keep employees happy.

Overall good balance between work and life.

Great company to grow and start career.
Team oriented work atmosphere.
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAApril 25, 2016
My daily tasks at A+E including handling client requests, overseeing the day to day management of deals, and accounting for ad time purchased by the company's clients. Great work atmosphere.
Great Workplace, Friendly Bosses, Good Benefits
Quality Control Tech (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 5, 2015
A great place to work, friendly bosses, good pay, great benefits. Only issue is you have to start off with a temp contract (18 month) and be really lucky to land the full time job afterwards. Benefits do not come into play until you are staff.
Great company, great family
Master Control Operator - Broadcast (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 14, 2015
A&E's greatest asset is its employees and the company is quick to recognize that. Management has a great sense of their products and targets them well. A&E is also a family friendly company with excellent benefits and care.
Enjoyed the ride.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2012
Started fresh out of high school, enjoyed the experience but working there for ever was not in my plans! Co-workers were fun, management was great but no benefits! Hardest part working in retail is the holidays and weekends!
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
short breaks
Quality Control Technician - Production Services (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 3, 2014
Great place to work. Nice and friendly coworkers. Great management
Pros
Learned new technology
Cons
A lot of freelancers - no benefits
Great Company to grow with
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
Amazing atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. I have worked here for almost a year and have enjoyed coming in everyday to be challenged and I have loved completing my every day tasks with an amazing supportive team.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 10, 2012
Fun environment with a great attitudes. Job is straight forward with great benefits.
Culture at PR newswire
Manager - Partnerships Production, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
At the time I was employed at PR Newswire the culture was very stifling and not conducive to real contribution. Co workers and management were not open to discussing process efficiencies.
Productive atmosphere, great coworkers
International Media Assets Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 7, 2015
I learned that sometimes your best may not be the best to others, however perseverance and maintaining a pro-active nature ultimately develops your skills and performance.

Each day was generally the same but my time there helped me become the person I am today. I learned what poor management is and effective ways to communicate. I saw how changes can alter departments and new systems can benefit your daily performance.
Pros
co-workers and experience
Cons
poor management to some degree

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A+E Networks. Our community is ready to answer.