A&R Logistics Employee Reviews

Relaxed work environment
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILAugust 24, 2017
Typical workday was slow paced at times and mostly worked independently. Good training from fellow co-workers, Management was supportive and work place was relaxed.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
Slow at times
productive and fun
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 25, 2017
nice job fast paced decent pay I liked the job and bosses easy company to work for decent people to work with. it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter
Had a blast once I started working there. Then after realizing there was no room to advance I found it was time to move on.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2017
Great company to work for to build experience. Unfortunately there is no room to advance and grow with the company. Once you become a forklift operator thats as far as you go.
Pros
The benefits are great.
Cons
No room to grow or advance, very low raises yearly ( 10-12 cents )
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2017
Job sucks, but inside a decent pay, so cant complain. job seems like they drop you in the deep end at first because there is really no way for someone with no experience using there system can pick it up as fast as they expect someone to.
Pros
OT is good
Cons
you sit done 9 hrs a day
Over work their drivers with shotty equipment
Driver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMay 23, 2017
Fun place to work if you dont mind being on top of railcars and your trailer. Pneumatic tank trailers are alot of work and very specific to operate properly.
Pros
Free lunch on wednesdays
Cons
Fake friendships in the office that will set you up for failure. Watch out for Scooter.
Wasn't for me
Tanker Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
There's a lot of problems at the company, time management was always an issue with me, in the yard at 2pm empty to have no trailer till the next morning, maybe 3 times a week unless you were on a turnaround, and you had to run some serious miles to get a paycheck, and they service thier truck every 3 months.
Pros
You have a place to park usually
Cons
Low pay a old equipment
Great group of people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 6, 2017
10-12 hour work day. Weekends work from home. Currently upgrading equipment. Coherent department goals. Centrally located. Need to upgrade IT infrastructure.
Pros
Close to home, pay
Cons
On call all the time
Good place too work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Highlands, TXMarch 26, 2017
Working at A&R is ok the dispatch could be better.If you like over the road then it's the job for you.Good benefits & the trucks are fair. Overall good company too work for.
It was a good place to work
Billing Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILMarch 19, 2017
I enjoyed working there until new management took over and it became stressful with all the job cuts and always worrying if your position was next. Made the working conditions stressful
Individual work assignments
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 8, 2017
Independent work assignment activities where I was able to perform my inspection of the facility and any maintenance activity that needed to be completed on a daily basis.
The work culture and employee relationships were a bit difficult at times and the management was a bit preferential to certain employees.
Not ideal for me peronally
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 22, 2017
The directives change haphazardly, without providing time for past directives to be effective.
Management of shared services prefers attractive women and young men.
Pay good-Management Horrible
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 20, 2017
Pay is very good, but there is a reason. The management is very poor. The terminal manager is very abrasive and unreasonable. Would not allow us overtime during the week, yet required it on Saturday. The regional manager was inaccessible to the regular staff and did not believe regular staff when given a real complaint about shop leadership. Overall a terrible environment to work and not worth your application. Be wary when a job seems too good to be true.
Fun & Busy
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Everyday was different but always busy. I had no experience in Logistics when I took the job but I loved it. As this was a new warehouse we all learned together and over time figured out how best we could work from start to finish. There were good days and bad days but it was fun.
It was demanding and required last minute after hours or weekend work which sometimes was difficult but the warehouse manager was very understanding and worked with us to make sure we could make it happen.
loved the job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 3, 2017
got to learn to load from railcars into bulk tank got the experience to drive across the mexico border got to know many people, i think what i like the most was driving time
Very easy job after about six months and pays well
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2016
I drove out of the Cleveland OH terminal for 3 years. I was home almost every night and weekend. In 2015-2016 tax season I grossed $72,000. Almost every terminal manager and dispatcher was very easy to work with and cared about the drivers. I would still be there if I hadn't been in an accident / rear-end collision
Pros
home time, pay, easy work, good work envirement
Cons
stopped providing pizza for friday lunch
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 2, 2016
A&R had unsafe working conditions, not enough team work, staff very unprofessional and unconcerned, alot of favortism was being shown. Could me a much better company with better supervisors.
Pros
cold water
Cons
unsafe work conditions and not commited team work
good place to work
Scale House Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILOctober 26, 2016
Managers gossip about everyone scale clerk she very very rude disrespectful to drivers racist and really bad mouth.i mean bad and no one says a thing to her.
Job Was Fun, But Crazy Office Politics!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILSeptember 30, 2016
The actual job itself was fun, but the office politics was too much! This place is like being in a bad high school. I enjoyed dealing with the drivers and helping them out. The managers are really sly and are always talking negatively about everyone. The managers also use their job as a dating place. If you're a woman, be careful because they WILL make unwanted moves on you! They think because their position is above you, they can do this. And don't bother going to the HR department with your claim because the person in charge there has NO idea what to do about it! She won't even take notes when you tell her about all the incidents. The only thing she'll say to you is "do you have proof?" It's unbelievable!
Pros
Fun work, A Few Genuinely Nice People
Cons
Office Back Stabbing, Bad Management, Worse HR Manager
Great employer
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2016
Best non-union trucking company to work for. They have local as well as long distance loads. They provide nice late model equipment that is well maintained.
Not a place you want to work for a long time
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2016
Most of the equipment is really a whole a lot of it is glider kits trailers are ancient supervision it depends on the terminal but Fort Worth terminal no one likes to work out of