A'GACI Employee Reviews

Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX & Grapevine, TXJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be focusing on your customer and making sales plan on top of 50 other tasks that are ask of you and your staff that would need to be completed in an unrealistic amount of time. I learned the AGACI way which is the culture/way of life at AGACI. It was always talked about but most staff members didn't follow through on on a daily basis. Management, across the board, was nice and we all had the same complaints. The complaints were always about upper management and not being heard by corporate so the cycle never ended. The co-workers were immature at times because AGACI hires at the ripe age of 16 and the pay to get really good people was not acceptable to most. There was no hard part about this job. This company had no structure. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the staff I hired get promoted.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
No upper management assistance, unrealistic expectations of tasking through payroll, no LP employees in place on a corporate level, not enough payroll given weekly for tasks, no promotions to entice customers to shop new collections, no realist bonus programs, no extra payroll given for new hires to train them
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful you needed to do 5 things at once and not mess up. i learned how to be more patient with customers, and to be calm in difficult situations. for the most part the management was great, very easy to get along with and talk to about any work problems. The co workers were good they helped keep the environment fun and they were very helpful when you needed help. The hardest part of the job would be looking for a item a customer wanted that there were only 1 o 2 left. The most enjoyable would be the feeling of satisfaction when you satisfied the customer and helped them with everything they needed.
Productive Workplace
Shoe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 19, 2015
Fast paced environment with many opportunities to interact personally with the customers. Management and coworkers are always willing to help out and you learn a lot in sales and promoting.
unproductive workplace
Sales Associate, Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYDecember 8, 2015
the management is very unorganized and unprofessional.
the environment is very energetic .
management is not really supportive.
co workers are pretty friendly.
One of the worst managent wise/ fun working enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 5, 2015
In the begining it was a good place to work. Amazing discount on clothing. We all became a family pretty quickly. 2 out of 3 managers were amazing people. We all got along failry well, even had group outings outside of work. Everyone i started with slowly started leaving the job. Everyone had an issue with management.
Pros
discount
Cons
scheduling
Fashion
Co-Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 15, 2015
I enjoy my job because it keeps me update with the newest fashion and trends. I have learn how demanding the retail world is but, enjoy the fast passe.
Pros
company's discount
Cons
health care
New styles and interesting people
FASHION CONSULTANT/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 6, 2015
This job helped to teach me about customer service and good social skills. It has been a great privilege to work at A'GACI.
Competitive work environment
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 2, 2015
It was all about the sales here, if you were unclear on something, management was very rude about helping you with it. You were basically on your own all the time here. VERY VERY fast pasted. Almost like a compensation type of environment. Very competitive and no sense of team at all. Only plus working here was the employee discounts.
Pros
nice employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks, management is not supportive or helpful
it was a learning experience, fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2015
When i first work there is was fun we had a grand opening and i help with that. but before that we had to sit up the store, putting everything together. it was my first job and i was exiled.
Pros
experience
Cons
short pay
Agaci life
Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CASeptember 7, 2015
It is a cool environment with a good management staff but I don't love that there is not too much hours. All employees are part-time with no benefits. The best part is the co-workers and the worst part are the short shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Typical day
Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CASeptember 3, 2015
There is always something to do, fast paced store. Management is good and co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is that is part-time and schedules are not so great. The most enjoyable part is that you meet tons of international people.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Schedules
Productive and fun
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 11, 2015
Sometimes shipment can get in the way but overall it is a good place to work. You have to make sure you always come in with a smile. We always have a goal to reach and find out a customer's needs. Co-workers are very fun and nice to be around. Hardest part of the job is multi-tasking. You have shipment and other tasks while also tending to customers and some customers can be rude and inconsiderate. The most enjoyable is the atmosphere that the managers and employees make. We always keep each other entertained.
Rude
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  BrownsvilleAugust 10, 2015
I got a call that I got the job at Agaci, so I was asked to go in, was super excited took what they needed, attended the orientation they provided for the new seasonal workers, and I got my clock in number and was asked to work that week on a wed. I worked 6:30 to closing, mind you I'm new to retail and I was still having a bit trouble. I had asked when the next time I would be able to work and the manager told me to wait and see when the hiring manager that hired me gives me a call. It's been a week and I haven't been paid or gotten a call. Why did they hire me, get my hopes up and never call me again.
Bad
Confusing
Shoe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 21, 2015
Wasn't trained properly. The manager I had acted like he didn't want to work.My co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part is being the only person in your department on the floor.
fun work place bad management
Fashion sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
it is for someone who doesnt need a lotof instruction because they trained us in one day then we just worked our sections.
you had to learn the sections by your self which was a little confusing because the lay out will change every day or items look the same bout are not the same section.
management was the worse part of the job , there were six to seven manager all at once on the floor and they wouldn't do anything. but when they did say something they never consulted each other so one will tell me to go stock then the other will me to go greet ten minutes later they would be mad that im not stocking.
Pros
good discount
Cons
managers, only one break
Great place to work. A'gaci culture is one of fun.
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 7, 2015
Typical retail store. Great environment to work in with a lot to learn if one is willing. The management is great and easy to work with and all the employee are very pleasant and likable. Because of the many tasks of management team, the hardest part of the job is leaving at the scheduled time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing employees get excited about their job.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJune 30, 2015
Great discount on cloth, but bad schedules. it is a good place to work. managers are calm. You have to work on weekends and close really late.
Pros
discount
Cons
schedule
busy, productive
Co-lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
I love interacting with tourist, customers at Agaci. I also had amazing managers while I was working there. I learned about management and HR information.
Fast Pace Store, Great Customer Service
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IlJune 4, 2015
Upbeat store with great cutomer service and decent staff. A typical work day consists of being wrapped in by a manager and told your sales goal, where you are to be positioned in the store, and what promotions we have going on. We'd then go to our positons and customer service as we task until our shift is over. I was put on the visual team for awhile in which I learned how to keep the apperance of the store up and dress window manequins. The hardest part of my job was getting used to the structure and rules of visuals. At my previous jobs I had a lot more free way with what I put on manequins and how I marketed the clothes. The most enjoyable part of my days were when I finally got the hang of visuals and I knew my hard work contributed to the store looking great. I also had great co-workers to work with on the floor. Like any company there are flaws, when I first was hired there was a whole different management team that seemed more organized and had better communication skills with each other and the other staff. The stor manager at the time was promoted in which she moved to another store and we recieved a new store manager. After awhile alot of the original managers that worked under the old store manager were either fired, quit, or stepped down all within two months. Most original employees left and the whole vibe of the workplace seemed to be less positive and leaning towards more so negative.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Attentive to learn and work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 3, 2015
A typical day at work in retail would be to go in and be ready to service the customer with a smile in the face, being able to suggest and introduce the customer to new trends. The most enjoyable part about my job is the interaction with my co-workers and meeting new people. The hardest part was not being able to spend enough time helping the customers when the store was packed. Overall, I learned to multitask in retail and to have great communication skills.