A'GACI

A'GACI Employee Reviews

It was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMarch 26, 2015
Pros: it was a job that helped me pay some of my studies
Cons: almost no breaks, low payrate, long hours.
The store was recently opening. I got the job before it did opened, I put the merchandice in the places the manager told me to and everything. Opening day arrived and everybody's schedules are a mess, 10 to 15 people working 3 to 6 shifts and some ( like me ) overnights. no one knew the shifts they were gonna work. only a day in advances notice. and we were getting paid 7.25 per hour, it wasnt fair. they told me that my contract ended. and they paid me my last shifts and that was it. when my check came in my mail. it was all wrong! hours i did worked it didnt show in my paycheck. so i went back and the manager agreed and paid what was missing.. they we really messy, but it was a job that i need it. so im greatful.
Not a safe environment
Sales Associate/Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Low wages, horrible working conditions and employees lacked professionalism. Did not have a stable management team and no communication throughout the workplace.
fun place to work
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks
it was an over all great job but they had poor management skills and schedule hours were horrible. I learned to interact with people and not to ne shy the hardest part of the job was having to put everything away at the end of the day because we would get out really late.
A lot of work but made time fly
Visuals Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: constant work, time flew.
Cons: if we didn't make sales goals, sales associates hours were cut and we had double the work with half the staff.
My typical day at work included but was not limited to, placing new shipment of merchandise on the sales floor, updating mannequins, following through on directives from corporate about new promotions, markdowns, floor set changes, etc. I helped manage the cash wrap area and deal with daily customer issues when I wasn't performing any visual or merchandising duties. I also supervised sales staff and made sure team members were woking in their assigned zone areas (greeter, sales associates, fitting room attendant, cashier).

I learned how to motivate staff, A'GACI was a high volume store similar to a Forever21, a lot of foot traffic and constant shoppers because we had trendy clothing and shoes for really inexpensive prices. I, along with the other managers I worked with had to find creative ways to keep staff doing their jobs, especially for tedious on going tasks like running clothes back from fitting room to the floor. I learned it takes constant communication, positive attitude, getting staff involved in visual changes so they feel engaged and empowered with a sense of ownership.

My co workers were absolutely great, we helped opened the first A'GACI in Orlando FL, we were excited, overwhelmed because of the size of the store, and the constant traffic of shoppers but we were happy to be apart of the company and were 100% up for the challenge.

The hardest part of the job was... well I never thought it was hard but it sure wasn't easy. It was constantly challenging with the amount of merchandise we received everyday, boxes and boxes of new mercy but it was also the enjoyable part for me. Never having a dull moment, constant work... my 8-10 hour shifts flew bye!
A fun and energetic atmosphere with amazing passionate fashionistas!
Visual Assistant (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: monthly rewards for top sellers! (i won 5 consecutive months)
A typical day at work would either start early morning to merchandise and replenish new products on the floor, update the front tables, change signage, and clean the sales floor. I led team members in walk-thrus to educate them on new product and selling tips on styling and add ons. The most exciting part of my job is updating the floor set during monthly overnight shifts with most of the store team! I love working with them creatively outside of selling and focusing on just customer service. My co-workers are amazing because we share the same energy level and always make the best out of working days. We truly are close friends and all have a passion for trends and fashion.
It was fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: lunch parties
Cons: slow workers
I enjoyed it it was great very organized but the payroll was over and way to many co workers.
decent
lead co-manager (Current Employee), houstn, txJanuary 21, 2015
Working for the company has great benefits and there is definitely room for growth but the particular store I worked in was unorganized and chaotic.
Not a good place to work....
n/a (Former Employee), n/aJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: met some good honest professionals.
Cons: poor hostile work enviorment.
When I was recruited and hired at A’GACI, they made sound like a great place to work. As my tenure went on for the first 5 months I notice a lot of back stabbing and unprofessionalism. These things had begun to become more apparent. Instead of doing your job, you had to worry about who was constantly stabbing you I the back. No adequate training is provided for employees. Good ideas are shot down and are taken into consideration. There is no clear communication. There were many different conflicting messages that were communicated to the field and office. I heard comments in meetings about hiring females “to make sure that they are cute”. I was shocked. HR was in attendance at these meetings as well. One store manager was told that he was overweight. Ownership and Executives make these young people believe there hosting a “party at A’GACI”. There is no career path as the owner ship loves to stir the pot. Numerous CFOs, Director of stores, DMs , Accountants, LP etc. have been hired and fired over the years… Turnover is very high. Very poor morale and a hostile work environment...
Great !
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 9, 2014
I loved working here ! I'm so sad I'm no longer working here. A typical day at work was always long , but fun. The most enjoyable part of work was working with the customers.
fun work place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: not enough employees
A typical day here is very interesting, I loved coming in and helping put out fits out for customer, all shapes and sizes, customer's valued my opinion
I learn that everything doesn't look good on everyone, certain things are for certain types, even colors only go with certain skin colors
My management were super sweet ladies and they always kept work fun.
I love my coworkers they always give me compliments
The hardest part of work was not really hard at all it just took a long time which was at closing when I had to put all the clothes back where they go. that takes forever if its just one person
I enjoyed helping woman geet the look that they were looking for and meeting all the new people
agaci
Cashier/Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Yorktown, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Hated it. It was the worst job I've every had. I hate retail in general though.
The work environemt was clean and structured,
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: inviting work environement, potential for growth, and great co-workers
Cons: the pay and health benefits.
A typical day at work would be getting the store prepared for operations. I can honestly say that this was not a difficult task because everything was cleaned and zoneed the previous work day. There were a couple of managers including myself. The managers were very easy to get along with. We worked torgether as a team. The district manager was very critical of sertain sections of the store and somewhat diminshed the morale of some employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was neeting and assisting the customers
It had a very positive environment, organized, and clean.
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 11, 2014
I learned to better understand women's taste in clothing and assisted in putting together outfits for the selected occasions. I got along great with the managers and co-workers, everyone helped one another.
Lots of fun, and amazing customer service
Management - Store Co-Manager (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLJuly 28, 2014
Pros: customer serves, that was the best part.
Cons: scheduling
Hiring
Schedules
Sales
Payroll
I was in charge of the whole store, I loved the customers, that was the best part. But now Im more interested in the health care field since that will be my future career.
Its Okay
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJune 25, 2014
It has potential to better. I loved working with the customers. I liked helping them pick out outfits for special occasions. All that came to a halt around the second week of me working there. I was working nights all the time and depending on the manager you could be getting out two hours later than your schedule says. Then the very next week my hours got cut because the managers had been giving themselves too much over time. I loved working with the customers. That was always fun. Its the behind the scenes mess that I couldn't deal with.
Fast paced environment.
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 27, 2014
Pros: fast paced, learn something new everyday
Cons: healthcare, short breaks, low compensation
Maintain the store clean, organize clothes, help customers. Always updated with the newest trend, feeling accomplished in the fact that you help some such a big thing for maybe a very special day. It is a very good team player store.
Productive and fulfilling work environment
Floor Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical workday would be a fun and enjoyable one, all while still assisting the customers in an effective way. I have learned the ability to become more social and learn the ropes of a customer worker association. The management gave employees plenty of time in order to discover how the company works. It is a motivated environment in which pushed you to strive to be the greatest worker you can be. The hardest part of the job would've been not being trained enough. I hadn't learned all of what I should have, but that allowed me to learn it myself. The most enjoyable part of the job would've been the work experience that was gained, along with the learning that came with it.
I wanted to like this organization
mgmt (Former Employee), n/aMay 3, 2014
After many years in retail management, I thought making the move to a smaller, privately owned company was the right transition. The opportunity was fantastic. The first 6 months were outstanding, however things quickly turned for the worst soon after.

Clear communication does not exist here. Changing priorities are a regular occurrence. Expect to deliver many conflicting messages to your team, but somehow carry a smile and stand behind the nonsense.

When negotiating to hire an individual, ensure they are "cute", otherwise they will not be approved for hire. Leadership in this organization values "cuteness" as a prerequisite for employment. There's one thing to be said about fashion credibility, however, explicitly suggesting that employees are overweight is surely a violation of employment laws; not to mention simply bad business.

Best of luck in the future, A'GACI. While you may claim to be hosting a party in your stores, the only people truly "partying" might be those at the executive level; those with the compensation to overshadow the day-to-day corporate fiasco's which ultimately make their way down to stores
WORST JOB EVER
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLApril 27, 2014
Cons: everything!
The mangers were arrogant and raciest, the customers were rude and the pay was unbearable. Would cut hours short to avoid giving breaks and lunch. They literally expected you to eat, sleep, live and breathe for their store. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to work here.
Very Welcoming
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: employee discount
A'Gaci management is always on top of whats important and care about their returning customers. Our customers are always number one priority and making sure they get exactly what they came for. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to work with a wonderful outgoing group of people.

1 2 3

About A'GACI

A'GACI was created by two brothers in 1972. Since then, the company has gone through many changes, but A'GACI has stayed true – Read more

A'GACI Salaries