A'GACI Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place..
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 3, 2016
works with school schedule, no benefits, work less than 20 hours a week. great discount. great atmosphere. worked long hours especially on holidays..
Competitive work environment
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAOctober 2, 2015
It was all about the sales here, if you were unclear on something, management was very rude about helping you with it. You were basically on your own all the time here. VERY VERY fast pasted. Almost like a compensation type of environment. Very competitive and no sense of team at all. Only plus working here was the employee discounts.
Pros
nice employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks, management is not supportive or helpful
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX & Grapevine, TXJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day would be focusing on your customer and making sales plan on top of 50 other tasks that are ask of you and your staff that would need to be completed in an unrealistic amount of time. I learned the AGACI way which is the culture/way of life at AGACI. It was always talked about but most staff members didn't follow through on on a daily basis. Management, across the board, was nice and we all had the same complaints. The complaints were always about upper management and not being heard by corporate so the cycle never ended. The co-workers were immature at times because AGACI hires at the ripe age of 16 and the pay to get really good people was not acceptable to most. There was no hard part about this job. This company had no structure. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the staff I hired get promoted.
Pros
One hour lunches
Cons
No upper management assistance, unrealistic expectations of tasking through payroll, no LP employees in place on a corporate level, not enough payroll given weekly for tasks, no promotions to entice customers to shop new collections, no realist bonus programs, no extra payroll given for new hires to train them
Do not work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2016
Don't do it!!!

A typical day at work would include doing a million tasks while trying to help customers at the same time because payroll will never allow for enough coverage.

Managers must close every Friday and open every Saturday as well as work EVERY Holiday.

District Managers are extremely unprofessional and think they are better than everyone else. They do not respect their employees at all

You can exceed plan and do great events but you will NOT get a raise or bonus. The only raise I got in a year was a 5cents raise. As for the bonus, they use every excuse to not give it to you.

They ask you to go help in other States and they DO NOT pay for your expenses
Interesting and upbeat environment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2016
A typical day at work is to get assigned to a part of the store, assist costumers, clean and put back clothes on the racks. I learned customer service and sales with this job. Management at the time was not well and not professional. My co-workers were alright to work with. The hardest part was dealing with black Friday for the first time. The most enjoyable part was assisting the customers and being a fashion consultant to them.
Pros
Discount on the items
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management, and not a good system
Agaci life
Cashier Lead (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CASeptember 7, 2015
It is a cool environment with a good management staff but I don't love that there is not too much hours. All employees are part-time with no benefits. The best part is the co-workers and the worst part are the short shifts.
Pros
Flexible hours
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful you needed to do 5 things at once and not mess up. i learned how to be more patient with customers, and to be calm in difficult situations. for the most part the management was great, very easy to get along with and talk to about any work problems. The co workers were good they helped keep the environment fun and they were very helpful when you needed help. The hardest part of the job would be looking for a item a customer wanted that there were only 1 o 2 left. The most enjoyable would be the feeling of satisfaction when you satisfied the customer and helped them with everything they needed.
great company to work for!
Lead Co Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2016
depending how busy it is there is days where you need extra coverage due to the business needs, there is always ongoing everyday learning about how to manage a store. Management is real helpful when needed but some can be unprofessional at times. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are having all your employees stay (retention). Enjoyable you get a great discount & there is always ways to get promoted and moved up within the company!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work on major holidays, retention
I really enjoyed my job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 30, 2016
A typical day as an associate in this job was clocking in and going with your supervisor to see what were the requirements for the day and what you would be doing. We had too many workers therefore we had very poor hours. You could expect to have very good hours during busy times, typically during the holidays (christmas/new years) and sometimes during the summer. Manager and supervisors were great and very helpful. I loved helping out customers and co-workers made the day pass by smoothly and quick. The pay was not so great.
fast-paced, fun work environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2016
Positive, fast-paced environment. Learned about customer service, sales, and stocking and restocking products. Typical day includes greeting customers, selling clothes and informing customers about weekly/monthly promotions.
Opportunity to grow within the company
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
I started as a sales associate and I was promoted to a management position within 4 months of working for the company. I'm a hardworking person and I enjoyed the things I learned from my supervisors. My coworkers were very understanding and helpful. It was a challenging job sometimes but I always gave my all to my job and I always succeeded.
fun and always learning new things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 25, 2016
a typical day at work the supervisor of the day will gather all workers to let us know how the day is going and our goal or the day. i learn a lot and moved my way up slowly always allowed others to learn mostly everything in the store . management was awesome very understanding and listen to others concerns and opinions.
fast paste and determination.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 19, 2016
At A'Gaci it is very fast paste and everyone is determined in making there goals of the day, everyone is always caring entergetic and self motivated. The hardest part about this job is letting customers down if we don't have what they are looking for.
Pros
competitions
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Growth Opportunities
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 16, 2016
Very fun and always entertaining place to work. With an excellent environment and friendly partners to work with. With a very high push for internal grow the sky is the limit for moving up in A'Gaci.
Pros
Entertaining, Growth opportunities, friendly work environment
Cons
Long Days
Agaci
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  el paso, txMarch 8, 2016
Slow days, learned nothing, poor management, job was not difficult, co-workers were just co-workers, however employee discounts were great.
good place
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 29, 2016
this is a fun place of work. The coworkers are nice and actually care about one another. Most of us are friends. The management has had some problems but they got them fixed.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
the pay
Supervisor
SUPERVISOR/VISUAL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJune 14, 2016
Active environment that provided customers with trendy new looks. If you like fashion and promoting sales this jobs is for you!
Fun workplace
Shoe and Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Coworkers are nice
Really fun place to work at
Management is cool and flexible
O'shoes department
Easy place to work in, wont regret it
One of the worst managent wise/ fun working enviroment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYNovember 5, 2015
In the begining it was a good place to work. Amazing discount on clothing. We all became a family pretty quickly. 2 out of 3 managers were amazing people. We all got along failry well, even had group outings outside of work. Everyone i started with slowly started leaving the job. Everyone had an issue with management.
Pros
discount
Cons
scheduling
The work environemt was clean and structured,
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be getting the store prepared for operations. I can honestly say that this was not a difficult task because everything was cleaned and zoneed the previous work day. There were a couple of managers including myself. The managers were very easy to get along with. We worked torgether as a team. The district manager was very critical of sertain sections of the store and somewhat diminshed the morale of some employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was neeting and assisting the customers
Pros
inviting work environement, potential for growth, and great co-workers
Cons
the pay and health benefits.

2.9