A'GACI Employee Reviews

Rude
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), BrownsvilleAugust 10, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bad
I got a call that I got the job at Agaci, so I was asked to go in, was super excited took what they needed, attended the orientation they provided for the new seasonal workers, and I got my clock in number and was asked to work that week on a wed. I worked 6:30 to closing, mind you I'm new to retail and I was still having a bit trouble. I had asked when the next time I would be able to work and the manager told me to wait and see when the hiring manager that hired me gives me a call. It's been a week and I haven't been paid or gotten a call. Why did they hire me, get my hopes up and never call me again.
Confusing
Shoe Consultant (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLJuly 21, 2015
Wasn't trained properly. The manager I had acted like he didn't want to work.My co-workers were very friendly. Hardest part is being the only person in your department on the floor.
fun work place bad management
Fashion sales (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: good discount
Cons: managers, only one break
it is for someone who doesnt need a lotof instruction because they trained us in one day then we just worked our sections.
you had to learn the sections by your self which was a little confusing because the lay out will change every day or items look the same bout are not the same section.
management was the worse part of the job , there were six to seven manager all at once on the floor and they wouldn't do anything. but when they did say something they never consulted each other so one will tell me to go stock then the other will me to go greet ten minutes later they would be mad that im not stocking.
Great place to work. A'gaci culture is one of fun.
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Humble, TXJuly 7, 2015
Typical retail store. Great environment to work in with a lot to learn if one is willing. The management is great and easy to work with and all the employee are very pleasant and likable. Because of the many tasks of management team, the hardest part of the job is leaving at the scheduled time. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing employees get excited about their job.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: schedule
Great discount on cloth, but bad schedules. it is a good place to work. managers are calm. You have to work on weekends and close really late.
busy, productive
Co-lead Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2015
I love interacting with tourist, customers at Agaci. I also had amazing managers while I was working there. I learned about management and HR information.
Fast Pace Store, Great Customer Service
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Chicago, IlJune 4, 2015
Pros: Learning Experience
Cons: Management
Upbeat store with great cutomer service and decent staff. A typical work day consists of being wrapped in by a manager and told your sales goal, where you are to be positioned in the store, and what promotions we have going on. We'd then go to our positons and customer service as we task until our shift is over. I was put on the visual team for awhile in which I learned how to keep the apperance of the store up and dress window manequins. The hardest part of my job was getting used to the structure and rules of visuals. At my previous jobs I had a lot more free way with what I put on manequins and how I marketed the clothes. The most enjoyable part of my days were when I finally got the hang of visuals and I knew my hard work contributed to the store looking great. I also had great co-workers to work with on the floor. Like any company there are flaws, when I first was hired there was a whole different management team that seemed more organized and had better communication skills with each other and the other staff. The stor manager at the time was promoted in which she moved to another store and we recieved a new store manager. After awhile alot of the original managers that worked under the old store manager were either fired, quit, or stepped down all within two months. Most original employees left and the whole vibe of the workplace seemed to be less positive and leaning towards more so negative.
Attentive to learn and work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJune 3, 2015
A typical day at work in retail would be to go in and be ready to service the customer with a smile in the face, being able to suggest and introduce the customer to new trends. The most enjoyable part about my job is the interaction with my co-workers and meeting new people. The hardest part was not being able to spend enough time helping the customers when the store was packed. Overall, I learned to multitask in retail and to have great communication skills.
Fast paced environment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILMay 7, 2015
Pros: 46% Discounts
Cons: Bad management team
LOVE LOVE LOVE working in a fast paced environments and A'gaci was perfect for that where I was up and going all over the store whether it was helping customers, doing markdowns, or organizing and cleaning the store. Management, overall was a bummer. The management team didn't get along. Majority of the time and they were way unorganized and tattletaleling on each other. So I went through alot of managers and supervisors.During my A'gaci career, I went through four district managers and I'm barely making it into two years. Regardless, I love working for the company and my customers.
It was alright.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Carolina, PRMarch 26, 2015
Pros: it was a job that helped me pay some of my studies
Cons: almost no breaks, low payrate, long hours.
The store was recently opening. I got the job before it did opened, I put the merchandice in the places the manager told me to and everything. Opening day arrived and everybody's schedules are a mess, 10 to 15 people working 3 to 6 shifts and some ( like me ) overnights. no one knew the shifts they were gonna work. only a day in advances notice. and we were getting paid 7.25 per hour, it wasnt fair. they told me that my contract ended. and they paid me my last shifts and that was it. when my check came in my mail. it was all wrong! hours i did worked it didnt show in my paycheck. so i went back and the manager agreed and paid what was missing.. they we really messy, but it was a job that i need it. so im greatful.
Not a safe environment
Sales Associate/Consultant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 11, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Low wages, horrible working conditions and employees lacked professionalism. Did not have a stable management team and no communication throughout the workplace.
fun place to work
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks
it was an over all great job but they had poor management skills and schedule hours were horrible. I learned to interact with people and not to ne shy the hardest part of the job was having to put everything away at the end of the day because we would get out really late.
A lot of work but made time fly
Visuals Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: constant work, time flew.
Cons: if we didn't make sales goals, sales associates hours were cut and we had double the work with half the staff.
My typical day at work included but was not limited to, placing new shipment of merchandise on the sales floor, updating mannequins, following through on directives from corporate about new promotions, markdowns, floor set changes, etc. I helped manage the cash wrap area and deal with daily customer issues when I wasn't performing any visual or merchandising duties. I also supervised sales staff and made sure team members were woking in their assigned zone areas (greeter, sales associates, fitting room attendant, cashier).

I learned how to motivate staff, A'GACI was a high volume store similar to a Forever21, a lot of foot traffic and constant shoppers because we had trendy clothing and shoes for really inexpensive prices. I, along with the other managers I worked with had to find creative ways to keep staff doing their jobs, especially for tedious on going tasks like running clothes back from fitting room to the floor. I learned it takes constant communication, positive attitude, getting staff involved in visual changes so they feel engaged and empowered with a sense of ownership.

My co workers were absolutely great, we helped opened the first A'GACI in Orlando FL, we were excited, overwhelmed because of the size of the store, and the constant traffic of shoppers but we were happy to be apart of the company and were 100% up for the challenge.

The hardest part of the job was... well I never thought it was hard but it sure wasn't easy. It was constantly challenging with the amount of merchandise we received everyday, boxes and boxes of new mercy but it was also the enjoyable part for me. Never having a dull moment, constant work... my 8-10 hour shifts flew bye!
A fun and energetic atmosphere with amazing passionate fashionistas!
Visual Assistant (Current Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: monthly rewards for top sellers! (i won 5 consecutive months)
A typical day at work would either start early morning to merchandise and replenish new products on the floor, update the front tables, change signage, and clean the sales floor. I led team members in walk-thrus to educate them on new product and selling tips on styling and add ons. The most exciting part of my job is updating the floor set during monthly overnight shifts with most of the store team! I love working with them creatively outside of selling and focusing on just customer service. My co-workers are amazing because we share the same energy level and always make the best out of working days. We truly are close friends and all have a passion for trends and fashion.
It was fun
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: lunch parties
Cons: slow workers
I enjoyed it it was great very organized but the payroll was over and way to many co workers.
decent
lead co-manager (Current Employee), houstn, txJanuary 21, 2015
Working for the company has great benefits and there is definitely room for growth but the particular store I worked in was unorganized and chaotic.
Not a good place to work....
n/a (Former Employee), n/aJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: met some good honest professionals.
Cons: poor hostile work enviorment.
When I was recruited and hired at A’GACI, they made sound like a great place to work. As my tenure went on for the first 5 months I notice a lot of back stabbing and unprofessionalism. These things had begun to become more apparent. Instead of doing your job, you had to worry about who was constantly stabbing you I the back. No adequate training is provided for employees. Good ideas are shot down and are taken into consideration. There is no clear communication. There were many different conflicting messages that were communicated to the field and office. I heard comments in meetings about hiring females “to make sure that they are cute”. I was shocked. HR was in attendance at these meetings as well. One store manager was told that he was overweight. Ownership and Executives make these young people believe there hosting a “party at A’GACI”. There is no career path as the owner ship loves to stir the pot. Numerous CFOs, Director of stores, DMs , Accountants, LP etc. have been hired and fired over the years… Turnover is very high. Very poor morale and a hostile work environment...
Great !
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 9, 2014
I loved working here ! I'm so sad I'm no longer working here. A typical day at work was always long , but fun. The most enjoyable part of work was working with the customers.
fun work place
CASHIER (Former Employee), Arlington, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: not enough employees
A typical day here is very interesting, I loved coming in and helping put out fits out for customer, all shapes and sizes, customer's valued my opinion
I learn that everything doesn't look good on everyone, certain things are for certain types, even colors only go with certain skin colors
My management were super sweet ladies and they always kept work fun.
I love my coworkers they always give me compliments
The hardest part of work was not really hard at all it just took a long time which was at closing when I had to put all the clothes back where they go. that takes forever if its just one person
I enjoyed helping woman geet the look that they were looking for and meeting all the new people
agaci
Cashier/Fashion Consultant (Former Employee), Yorktown, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Hated it. It was the worst job I've every had. I hate retail in general though.