A-Check America Employee Reviews in United States

Productive work environment with great culture
VERIFICATIONS INTERNATIONAL LEAD (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2013
Interaction with many clients (inside and outside) which was most enjoyable. I learned on a daily basis the fundamentals of the background and drug screening industry. Enjoyed the relationships that I built and maintained with co-workers as well as clients. Especially enjoyed traveling to different states, teaching and reassuring my clients of the products that they had purchased with my company and what will be done to maintain not only their trust and business, but great working relationships.
Very positive and productive place to work
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 19, 2012
My typical day with this employer was always busy. Always positive and enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job. Because, I did background checks for pre-employment, I had a sense of satisfaction knowing that I completed someone's background so they can be hired for the companies, who were considering employing these individuals. I think the hardest part was sometimes we did not get the cooperation of some of the applicants to complete their background. I really enjoyed working for this company and management as well.
Pros
able to display my perfect customer service skills and fun place to work
Cons
sometimes things slowed down
In IT point of view
software engineer (Former Employee) –  RiversideJune 5, 2013
The management team doesn't know IT but they like to involve in dairy operations.
You could under up in many meetings but no decision will be made.
Great co-workers but people are keep leaving their IT department.

If you want to learn new technology and develop something, you should look for somewhere else.
Pros
good for beginner
Cons
bad for mid to senior software engineer

Comment – July 11, 2013

Seen an IT person sit in front of computer for a few hours scanning for virus and spyware. I'm telling you just sitting there doing nothing else. When they could all ready have a "image" ready for deployment and could of taken no more than 5 - 10 mins to restore the system back to operation state and 15 -30 mins to reconfigure any thing they need to. At least scan the system and go fix some thing else man.

great atmospher, very family friendly company
Verifications Lead (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 3, 2014
My typical day at work consists of emails and more emails. we are a background screening company / call center heavy phones and alot of communication with our clients. The atmosphere here is great and everyone gets along and has a strong bond with one another.
Verifications specialist
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 4, 2014
A verifications specialist makes hundreds to thousands of calls everyday. We contact current to past employers to verify work experience. We also contact schools, junior colleges, universities, etc to verify degree earned per applicant. The hardest part of the job was the lack of leadership, guidance, and pay freeze. Regardless of position or "promotion", it would be a long time before anyone could earn a raise and incentives. The enjoyable part of background screening would be the fact that you could learn to problem solve without any real supervision and communicating with people from different parts of the world. I enjoyed learning about other cultures from a professional point of view.
Pros
healthcare, good group of co-workers within the graveyard shift
Cons
lack of leadership, favoritism, pay freeze, daytime shift required a lot more supervision
Fast paced employment
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 10, 2015
As a Verification Specialist, you really deal with the people and provide customer service all day long. Besides, verifying employment, self employment, and education. Most of the day is contacting applicant's, via phone and e-mail. The most valuable experience I learned working here was how to deal with the public meaning with professional individuals and others who can be distressed due to the background process. I also learned how not to take words and utterances personal, especially when dealing with some individuals who think/ believe you are there trying to disqualify them from a working position with a client. What I enjoyed the most, was feeling that I contributed to someone's life...what I mean by that is as I worked and completed a life I knew this particular applicant had the best chance to gain employment as a result. I liked knowing that I had did something good for someone else that did not benefit me. I would describe myself as a hard, hard working person who does not like to gossip. Instead, of bring my team mates down, I enjoy being friendly and being interested in their lives, as a person, and whatever they might want to share with me. I am a people person and would be a great addition to your company. Please contact me for an interview.
Productive and fast paste
Registration Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 3, 2014
This company is efficient, meets deadlines and is accurate when provided information. It is a very fast paste environment with multiple employees per department.
Pros
full medical benefits
friendly staff
Drug screening specialist/ Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 20, 2013
always a freindly staff, hours are not garuntee and compensation is not very high for employment.