A-Max Insurance Employee Reviews

Worst place to work
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Get ready to go marketing on your own gas money, plus get ready to steal from customers as much as possible to get atleast 20 bucks of commission, make sure you are getting along very well with management if you want any days off if not forget about appts, doctors visits, etc
Manager discripinative
Auto Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2017
Manager wanted us to light a insense of his God and it smelled horrible and he had a pic of his God but we were not able to say Merry Christmas we had to say happy holiday.
Pros
staff was nice
Cons
discriminative
Worst Place
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 19, 2017
Horrible manager who puts her self before anyone, upper higher management who care nothing but taking money and ripping off employees. When issues are addressed they brush them off and left to suffer with the issue. Company offers "overtime" as a huge "benefit" but there so quick to take that away within a week that your there. I can go on and on but bottom line is that this company is not worth working for if you wanna be valued as an employee.
Pros
None to list
Cons
Horrible management, unbearable pay, and hours being cut
Completely shady
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 19, 2017
Completely shady and very illegal. TDI needs to shut them down, horrible work experience. Job requirements are to may the owners 25,000 per month and receive 5% of that. They don't pay anything either.
Pros
Cons
Waist of time
If you like be party to putting stores up in 3 days using illegal immigrants work here
Non disclosed (Former Employee) –  Devils Den Hollow, TXJune 27, 2017
Someone needs to get a wake up call.

Amax is a non American standard company . They run a shady company with people from their own country working there and then going on 8 week vacations . Plus they do everything illegal
Cons
They stink
Okay
Customer Service Representative/Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 9, 2017
A-max is a great and friendly place to work everyone has really great attitudes and the managers are very curious and dedicated to thier work. I would recommend this job to someone looking to get into this field. The hours are alot and you can't cut back on them without serious approval. This job would not work for someone seeking school.
Good first job out of college, but requires good skills in politics if you want to advance here
Junior Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 10, 2016
This is a family owned company, so if you want to advance or be happy at work, you need to play the game of politics well here. If not, this company is a great stepping stone.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2016
AMAX insurance is based on customer service. Every morning we come in and set the office in a very inviting environment by making coffee, setting out jars of candy, lighting incense, etc. I have learned how to approach customers at all times and offer our services which has improved our sales. My co-workers are reasonable, efficient, and communicative. Not all but some. The hardest part of my job is having to meet a very high quota month to month with such low resources. I like working with people and interacting with them on a day to day basis which is my favorite part of this job.
Pros
5% commission
Cons
Monday through Saturday
Great Manager, willing to work around my schedule
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 25, 2014
Daily routine and non-stressful environment. Great for someone who is going to school or returning back to work.
Pros
A good volume of calls
Cons
n/a
Very busy with data entry
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 20, 2014
Every day was different with a lot of data entry work, emails, and customer phone calls.

Want to know more about A-Max Insurance?

Ask a question
good company to get experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 6, 2012
The taiwanese company want you to work more hours than they compensate you for.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
boss want free overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A-Max Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3