This position will focus on overseeing data center rationalizing (DCR) studies/opportunity assessments, and server/storage/data center consolidation business case and assessments. This individual will possess awareness and skills in data center operational technologies ranging from operating systems and server/storage hardware to business effectiveness skills such as establishing total cost of ownership (TCO) models for data centers and developing a business case for cost saving opportunities.
IT Operations professionals support infrastructure operations and/or manage delivery for IT production systems and services based on operational requirements and service agreements. The Infrastructure Technology Project Manager participates in and provides leadership in the development, deployment and support of infrastructures, applications and technology initiatives, both from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Collaborates with other technology teams and clients to deploy technology architectures and/or software solutions. Researches, escalates, and resolves, technology problems relating to customers, the global technology environment and/or software solutions. Performs and presents technology performance analysis, capacity planning, and proactive health checks. Considered SME in managing projects in this technology field and depending on the individual actual role, has expert knowledge of equipment, protocols, technologies, software development, services, and/or monitoring tools. Data Center professionals develops and delivers strategies and solutions for housing and managing the computer systems and communications infrastructure -- including servers, databases, storage devices, etc. -- that handle the data necessary for enterprise operations. Next Generation Data Center professionals develop and deliver solutions that apply new and emerging technologies that transform enterprise data centers to enable new capabilities, ensure security, improve operational efficiencies, moderate energy consumption and reduce costs.
- The position will require strong client facing skills and an acute understanding of consulting.
- Project manager capacity for existing/ongoing data center rationalization projects, and as sales/engineering support for newly identified opportunities.
- Travel to client locations required.
Location: Washington DC metropolitan area
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with data center rationalization, consolidation, relocation, migration, or virtualization projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Project management Professional (PMP)
- Experience planning and executing data center consolidations, relocations, and migrations.
- Hands on experience designing and building new data centers.
- Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments and provide technical solutions.
- Demonstrate a holistic understanding of Data Center Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Data Base Mgt., Systems Mgt., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices etc.).
- Familiarity with functional operations of server, storage, and network functions.
- General understanding of all data center functions (production operations, network, change control, DR/Business recovery, helpdesk, systems management, and facilities) with a focus on server, storage, and database technologies.
- Holistic understanding of the interdependencies of data center functions and technologies.
- Data Center/Server Consolidation Project Experience.
- Server Platform Technologies ( Unix/Wintel/MVS - HP/Sun/IBM etc.) skills.
- Storage Platform Technologies (SAN/NAS) including Hardware & Software (EMC/NetApp/Sun/IBM/HP etc.).
- Server/Data Center Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Data Center/Server Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
- Asset Management (Experience with tools/process) Other Technologies (VMWare/Virtualization, etc.).
- Facilities Management (Power, HVAC, Hard Wire Topologies, etc.).
- Sales/engineering support for technical proposals
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Program/Project Management
A-sa-ma-di Business Solutions is a growing company that offers competitive benefits.