A BETTER WAY Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional work enviornment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 13, 2017
This company is very unprofessional. I was brought in to help with the HR department, which turned into me running the whole department without receiving the compensation for it. There was no way to implement positiver and professional change within the organization, due to the CEO not respecting and undermining the employees that she put in place to make the organization better, and continuing to want to run the organization as the small company that it started as.
Pros
There are none
good first job
Program Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 14, 2016
Friendly atmosphere sitting near a computers and answering phones . What I learned is to set up fundraisers and different computer skills. The managers are encouraging if you need help. The co-workers are willing to help out when needed. The hardest part was dealing with the inmates . The fun part was seeing the inmates accomplished finishing the program and graduating.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no money
Best Job For those who love children
Assistant - After School Program (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 10, 2016
This job helped me decide my career path. One thing I love about the program was that we were truly a family at the end of the day.
abw
Crisis Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 20, 2015
While I enjoyed working for ABW, the level of non organization and the lack of people taking responsibility for their own actions was extremely frustrating. Felt as though there was a lack of communication and help from some staff and guidance.
easy outgoing position
Parent Partner (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CASeptember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. My only problem was the supervisor. She never took responsibility for her actions. She supervised me and when thing went down hill she would use it to her advantage. When the discrepancy was taken to the next level there was always a repercussion. How can you work for someone you cant trust and who was fired from her last job for the same thing.
Pros
clients were great
Cons
management sucks
Great place to be.
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INAugust 27, 2015
If you are driven by helping others, this is the place for you. A Better Way Services, Inc. is an amazing organization that helps victims of domestic abuse and their families get back on their feet. Everyday is different and there is always something you can be doing to help. It's a great place to be and really helps to give you a perspective of the lives of others.
Challenging, Productive, Educational, and a very helpful service
Director of Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 25, 2015
Intakes and getting to know the people in the community was a plus while helping others find their way through resorces. work days last about 10-12 hours depending on the needs of the people of the commuinty
Pros
Able to work at own pace
Cons
pay rate (non profit)
Exciting!!
Part-time worker (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 3, 2014
Well, you never know what your day is like until you get to work. I enjoy working at the shelter for battered and abused women and their children. We always find laughter to share with co-workers or the women there.
Pros
Meet new people all the time
Cons
Grants, if the money runs out you may not have a job
Great work place and wonderful people
Warehouse and Thrift Store Manager (Current Employee) –  peachtree city,gaJuly 15, 2013
I enjoy my present employment and the people I work with on a daily basis. The job is constantly moving and there's always something to keep me busy. I enjoy staying busy, because it helps the work day go by faster. There is a variety of tasks to do, and one day is different from any other.
Pros
Every once in awhile there's some awesome free grub to share.
Outreach Center
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2012
Had fun working with the children. learned alot from them and i hope they learned alot from me.
Good Activity Place
Group Counselor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 5, 2012
This job has a lot of hand on things that i really like u would get to know different people and different kids and i enjoyed it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare