A Career School, located across the Northeast Region, is seeking a Cosmetology Instructor at its Philadelphia, Pennsylvania location. This position represents a wonderful opportunity to enter the field of education and advance the career of a Cosmetology Instructor.
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study according to curriculum guidelines and state requirements; monitors, assists with, and corrects academic efforts; provides a safe environment conducive to learning.
- Teach assigned cosmetology classes including, lecture/theory and lab experience in accordance with state board of cosmetology standards using competency-based methods.
- Advise and mentor students on program options, career plans and graduation requirements.
- Monitor and document student performance and maintain appropriate records on all students.
- Participate in curriculum revision, program management, and related research activities and regular advisory meetings.
- Commitment to professional development to update skills, training, and the enhancement of teaching and learning techniques.
- Demonstrate use of a variety of teaching and assessment techniques – including the use of technology in the classroom – that enhance student success.
- Complete curriculum evaluations, outcomes measurement and accreditation requirements.
- Certified Cosmetology Operator’s license and Instructor’s license.
- Three years of recent work experience as a professional cosmetologist required.
- Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences or related degree in cosmetology desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Cosmetology techniques and classroom delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of Cosmetology, Barbering, Manicuring, and Esthetics services.
- Evidence of ability to supervise all aspects of the classroom and salon operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team member.
- Working knowledge or experience with Microsoft Office programs desired.
Indeed - 9 months ago