An accredited Career School, located across the Northeast Region, is currently seeking a Medical Assistant Instructor at its New York, New York location. This position represents a wonderful opportunity to enter the field of education and advance the career of a Medical Assistant Instructor.
In brief, the requirements of the position are as follows:
- 5 Years experience working in the medical field as a Medical Assistant
- Current Medical Assistant (such as CMA or RMA) or similar industry recognized certification.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
A Medical Assistant Instructor provides didactic instruction and demonstration, employs teaching strategies, including the use of traditional and distance delivery methods to maximize student learning in a diverse student body; participates in division meetings and professional development programs; contributes to program development, and supports the larger mission of the school. The work load for the Medical Assistant Instructor will include classroom teaching, lab skills, clinical orientation and supervision of the students, and student advising.
- Demonstrate knowledge of field, subject matter, attend meetings
- Plan/organize instructions in ways to maximize learning
- Contribute to program curriculum development
- Stay current with program needs
Qualified candidate must submit resume by email or apply on the alternate website.
Prior experience teaching is not needed for the well-qualified candidate. School maintains a rigorous faculty development policy designed to orient and train new faculty members.