A. H. Harris & Sons, Inc., one of the country’s largest private distributors of construction materials, has an opening for a Concrete Forming & Shoring Sales Specialist based at its Charlotte North Carolina sales center. The qualified individual will focus on servicing area contractors with solutions to their construction challenges utilizing our broad line of specialty products. Concrete forming and shoring experience a must - no other candidates will be considered. The ideal candidate would have a comprehensive understanding of the construction industry, with an awareness of concrete placement and forming systems, an understanding of construction drawings and specifications, interpersonal communication skills, and a proven record of time and territory management. Compensation includes a base salary plus commissions. Benefits include a car allowance, group medical and life insurance.
- Sales calls to established and prospective customer accounts
- Assist in customer training of new product technologies
- Review plans and specifications for new construction projects and prepare quotations to prospective bidders
- Follow-up with low bidders awarded contracts
- Communication with Inside Sales team and Operations on specific requirements for materials and delivery
- Intermediary between Credit Manager and delinquent accounts
- Other duties as required
- Minimum requirement 5 years of concrete forming and shoring sales experience
- Engineering background helpful, ability to understand construction plans and specifications a must
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and prevention
- Planning, organizational and time management
- Sense of personal responsibility – self-activation
A.H. Harris started out in 1916 as a small, family-owned and operated trucking company. Our focus then and now: To provide "the highest...