A. H. Harris & Sons, Inc., one of the country’s largest private distributors of construction materials, has an opening for an Engineer at its Fairfield NJ sales center. Responsible to the Technical Group Manager, the qualified individual will provide technical assistance to the FSD Sales Specialists in servicing area contractors with solutions to their construction challenges utilizing our broad line of specialty products, with an emphasis on vertical concrete formwork.
A Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Architecture, an understanding of construction drawings and specifications, practical CAD experience and interpersonal communication skills. Prior experience in construction helpful.
- Assist FSD Sales Specialists in reviewing plans and specifications for new construction projects to prepare quotations to prospective bidders
- Design, sequence and produce drawings for construction of concrete walls utilizing Company forming equipment and accessories.
- Provide material takeoffs and bills of material
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Architecture
- Understanding of construction drawings and specifications
- AutoCAD 2000 or higher experience
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem-solving and prevention
- Planning, organizational and time management
- Construction industry experience or product knowledge a plus
- Sense of personal responsibility – self-activation
Indeed - 11 months ago
A.H. Harris started out in 1916 as a small, family-owned and operated trucking company. Our focus then and now: To provide "the highest...