A. H. Harris & Sons, Inc., one of the country’s largest private distributors of construction materials, has an opening for a material handler at its Albany, New York distribution center. Duties include picking orders, loading and unloading trucks, and other warehouse tasks. Preferred candidate has knowledge in construction materials and concrete forming equipment, self-motivation, and a desire to learn. Skills in people-handling and forklift operation are a must.
- Operating fork lift equipment, pallet jacks and hand trucks, required
- Unloading inbound freight
- Maintaining a neat, clean and orderly warehouse and yard facility
- Accountable for accuracy of inventory
- 90 lb. lifting minimum
- Placement of materials on overhead shelves
- Stepping up stairs and on fork lift equipment
- Fork lift equipment operation experience required
- Basic math skills
- Positive, professional attitude with pleasant personality
- Problem-solving and prevention
- Sense of personal responsibility – self-activation
Indeed - 20 months ago
A.H. Harris started out in 1916 as a small, family-owned and operated trucking company. Our focus then and now: To provide "the highest...