Coordinators are responsible for the running of specific program areas within A New Leaf. The Wholesale Coordinator’s role is to oversee the entire marketing, sales and distribution of wholesale, fundraisers and plant sales. Communicate with supervisor on upcoming inventory needs. Provides training to adults with developmental disabilities.
The position / term coordinator is used to designate all mid-level managers within A New Leaf. Coordinators are assigned to programs within A New Leaf based on the need and skill level of the staff member. Job duties vary from staff to staff as well as program to program, in some cases requiring a more detailed job description. Coordinator duties range from grower responsibilities, retail or staff management, community work site supervision to in-home respite services oversight. .
1. Have and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license. Have dependable vehicle at all times. Have and maintain automobile insurance coverage at all times. Maintain eligibility to operate agency vehicles.
2. Physical capacities must include bending, stooping, and lifting a minimum of 40 pounds.
3.Work flexible schedule based on schedules of persons served by and needs of A New Leaf, including but not limited to working scheduled weekends to water and spray plants.
4. Follow policy & procedures of A New Leaf.
5. Insures all individuals served are safe in their working environment and program participation at all times.
6. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, (complete requires documentation and reports required by A New Leaf)
1. Assists &/or trains individuals served, provides instruction and assistance to individuals in the performance of their work; insures trainees involved in the program learn appropriate work skills, attitudes and behaviors.
2. Works with rehabilitation staff to insure that each individual's program is implemented appropriately by staff.
3. Interacts with trainees served to promote self esteem, confidence and morale. Actively participating to insure the well-being of trainees by treating everyone with dignity and respect.
4. Attends all necessary license/certification, in-service training and conferences in order to maintain awareness of policies, procedures and program regulations, along with supervision and training techniques.
5. Complies with recognized professional standards of ethical conduct and maintain quality services.
6. Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of A New Leaf.
1. Oversees all marketing, sales, set-up and implementation of wholesale program:
a. Marketing: creates and handles sale flyers, email blasts, face to face contact sales, booth sales
b. Actively search out new sales opportunities and locations.
2. Oversees all aspects of off-site plant sales:
a. Sets up monthly off site plant sales,
b. oversees the delivery of all sales,
c. organizes fundraiser under the supervision of the DSP
d. Teaches Community Based Horticultural Class
3. Oversee all aspects of plant maintenance
a. Seek out new locations at the direction of the DSP/DCS
b. Maintain plants at all locations
4. Coordinate and monitor an online/email order form system.
5. Works supervisor to insure the proper level of plant inventory is maintained, available and turning over. Provides suggestions to DSP on different merchandise/products.
6. Works with the DSP in recognizing and turning over slow moving merchandize.
7. Ensure that all planted are stocked or re-stocked appropriately.
8. Assists with and communicates with supervisor on the maintenance and coordination of all repairs and improvements within the greenhouse/growing environment including plant/insect/disease issues.
9. Insures trainees achieve productivity and work independence while receiving effective teaching strategies that will help each individual achieve programmatic outcomes in the wholesale program.
10. Provides assistance in ensuring that all trainees and staff are properly instructed in greenhouse and horticulture work skills.
11. Works in cooperation with the Director of Client Services to insure that each individuals program is appropriate for their vocational training needs, and insures appropriate service delivery.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of horticultural practices and techniques.
- Pesticide-spraying technician certification
- Knowledge of the practices of working with, and training of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with co-workers
- Maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- Maintain Pesticide-spraying Certification
- Criminal arrest check will be done through the OSBI; any person with a felony conviction will not work for A New Leaf (Section 1025.1 et seq. Of Title 56 of the Oklahoma statues, House Bill 1790). A background check will be requested form the OSBI. Any prospective employee with a felony or misdemeanor conviction, guilty plea or plea of nolo contendere will not be
eligible for employment. This prohibition may be disregarded if an appropriate waiver is obtained from the Office of the Director, Developmental Disabilities Service Division,
Department of Human Services, or his/her designees, and the Board of Trustees of A New Leaf approves such waiver.
- Community Services Registry check (House Bill 1790) will be done through Developmental Disabilities Services Division, Department of Human Services, the person whose name appears on the registry can not work for A New Leaf.
Employees and A New Leaf are engaged in an at-will employment relationship, meaning that either is free to terminate the relationship at any time with or without reason and with or without notice.
- High School diploma (preference given to individual with horticulture related education and/or experience.)
- Ability to conduct job training for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Minimum age – 21 years old
- Positive attitude toward working with diverse population.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Final hiring pending on OSBI background check, Clean driving record, Community Services Registry check and pre-employment screening.
- Valid drivers license