A New Leaf Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. My co workers and co-workers was very friendly and professional. There was so much to be done however we always worked together as a team.
Pros
Good company all around
Cons
NONE
Wasted my time!
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2016
Management is absent! They do not tell you what you're really getting into. The children can be dangerous to each other and the staff, with little to no consequences. I was told that you should not wear anything to work that you can't break up a fight in. Nuff said!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else. Job not explained.
Its a great place to work
Support Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 1, 2016
I love have a routine and that's what they do here. Everyday I went out in the community with my participant and taught them skills needed to be independent. A great company!
Abysmal management with deep favoritism in work culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved getting caught up with the current state of a client's behavior, mental stability, and case status. Eventually, calls and emails were made out to our supervising agency and other informing agencies to request reports or documents to complete a client's case. Additionally, there would be frequent contact with the client's family and client's themselves to inform them of their case status.

I learned how to interact with challenging people of diverse social groups in order to meet a client's needs and goals.

Overall, the management has been awful. The first director of the program did not respect personal and professional boundaries of her team. She would have favorites based on who stroked her ego most and did not take quality of work into consideration when assigning leadership positions and promotions. Additionally, upper management replaced her with someone who exhibited the same behaviors to a slightly lesser degree.

The most enjoyable part of the job was easily interacting with the clients but the turmoil, lack of proper communication, unprofessional work environment did not make the experience worth it.
Pros
Salaried pay, freedom to adjust hours
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, no room for growth, lack of mentorship
A day at work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2016
Though you get your things done in like 2hrs-2hrs & 30 mins. There is a lot of down time. It has gotten better between nurses and RHT's. Though some RHT's will try to get nurses in trouble, they are getting better. Care is important for theses patients, and personalities is just something one has to work around.
Productive place to work with great therapists
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2016
A New Leaf was a great place to work. I was deeply saddened that I had to resign due to a medical issue. Given the opportunity I would gladly return to work at A New Leaf.
Pros
Great Staff and clients
Cons
Large workload
Avoid
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2015
run by catty women who are too emotional and extremely unprofessional in the workplace. Turn over is extremely high for a reason.
Pros
The clients are amazing
Cons
everything else
Work
Job Coach/Habilitation Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 12, 2015
My days are usually pretty laid back as of right now. The clients and myself deliver meals to the elderly in the mornings and clean museums in the afternoons.
I don't really see eye to eye with management, but the job itself I like. That's why I am still there after 3 years.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Poor Management
Don't work here
Intensive Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 25, 2015
I worked in the Children's Department for over a year. Management was AWFUL. Wanted you to do many things that you were not paid for. I spent over $150 a week on gas driving all over Treasure Valley...without reimbursement. They required you to attend monthly staff meetings, unpaid of course. Also, all your paperwork time was also unpaid. They said that you were salary, so you had to do these things, BUT if you worked under your number of billable hours per week you were in trouble. I had to request off CHRISTMAS because it was on a Tuesday one year. I liked some of my co-workers and i liked most of my clients, but management sucked. No room for advancement.
Pros
Unsure
Cons
Vacation was hard to get approved, managements attitude, lost of driving
Clients are great.
Support Partner (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2015
I love working with the homeless. This is the only reason I am still employed with this company today. The management is big on micromanaging. They are constantly changing rules and regulations and do not fill you in on them. The pay is way below what you should get paid for the amount of work you do.
Pros
The lifes you can change
Cons
The management
A fun workplace full of so many stories
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa AZJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at A new Leaf working at a Domestic Violence Shelter. I was a Case Manager with a duty to provide compassion, understanding, patience, community resources, and a good ear to the women and families that entered that shelter. I was given a caseload and I would meet with them weekly to address their issues and give them assistance with community resources to help them with employment, assist with DES applications. Or with SSI applications. Job hunts, resume advice. I was available to discuss anything with any one of those women who were not on my workload. I enjoyed being able to help them all as much as I could.
N/a
HTS (Current Employee) –  TULSA, OKJuly 16, 2015
I love this company , because I love working with people . It builds realtionship with them & also helps you value life more
A good place to work
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2015
A New Leaf once had a 23 hour respite called May-field for children to be dropped off by parents, guardians and law enforcement. It would benefit the child by allowing staff to work with the child and educate them as to why they were brought there with worksheets and a movie that correlated to the worksheet.
Kids would be picked up at the end of their stay by the parent(s) or guardian(s) or on rare occasions CPS now the Department of Child Safety.
Kid were provided with a bed and toiletries and sometimes if they needed clothes to change into. Food was always stocked in the kitchen and staff monitored if kids needed some help microwaving their food. Kids were given a handmade quilt when leaving that were donated by the ladies from a church in Mesa.
The facility closed down October 2013.
Pros
Good place to work, supportive coworkers
Educational Aide/ BHPP
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2015
Worked in a in patient facility working with teen adolescents that are dealing with some kind of trauma or substance abuse. I enjoyed working with teens and everyday strived to make a positive place for the teens to feel safe and build a relationship with staff. The management always did their best to ensure the safety of the patients.
Pros
Free lunches with the kids and gauranteed hours
love the people who work there
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2015
fun people
co worker are nice and very funny people
learned a lot from coworker
you learned from your coworker it like a good environment if you are the right people
I supervised developmentally disabled adults while at a work site.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 26, 2015
I would transfer adults to work sites and help them learn their jobs.
Everyday was a blessing to see these adults thrive. It was an honor to work with them and each individual was a true friend. I also taught classes, through games, that included matching, counting, using cards, and art. The individuals were able to learn better in a fun setting. I learned more from them, than me. Each day was a new adventure and sometimes an individual would become angry and I would help them calm down. That was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was definately my charges. My bosses were all kind and helpful and I worked there for over 3 years.
Pros
teaching, involvement with adults, lunch with all my friends (adults).e
Cons
maybe someone having a bad day at work and me redirecting them.
would not recommend
Hibilitative Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 27, 2014
would not recommend working here. Poorly managed and poor work place environment.
They still haven't payed me completely from 2 yrs ago.
They make a lot of promises and do not follow through.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa,AzNovember 25, 2014
SEING THOSE IN A POTION NOT ABLE TO HELP THEMSLVES seeing frowns tured into smiles.. Seeing broken families in there own home children enjoying being children, parents are able to get docus to become stable.
productivr work place
therapuetic foster parent (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2014
good agency good support from staff! one of the best agencies for kids and young adults daily supervision by cm and always available to come to your home whenever.
Very rewarding job!
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2014
I enjoyed working for A New Leaf very much. The staff was very knowledgeable and enjoyed their work. I moved to San Tan Valley, so it was to far to commute to work.
Pros
working with families to improve their children's behaviors.
Cons
distance from my house to work place.