A New Leaf Employee Reviews

A fun workplace full of so many stories
Case Manager (Former Employee), Mesa AZJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at A new Leaf working at a Domestic Violence Shelter. I was a Case Manager with a duty to provide compassion, understanding, patience, community resources, and a good ear to the women and families that entered that shelter. I was given a caseload and I would meet with them weekly to address their issues and give them assistance with community resources to help them with employment, assist with DES applications. Or with SSI applications. Job hunts, resume advice. I was available to discuss anything with any one of those women who were not on my workload. I enjoyed being able to help them all as much as I could.
N/A
HTS (Current Employee), TULSA, OKJuly 16, 2015
I LOVE THIS COMPANY , BECAUSE I LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE . IT BUILDS REALTIONSHIP WITH THEM & ALSO HELPS YOU VALUE LIFE MORE
A good place to work
Community Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good place to work, supportive coworkers
Cons: None
A New Leaf once had a 23 hour respite called May-field for children to be dropped off by parents, guardians and law enforcement. It would benefit the child by allowing staff to work with the child and educate them as to why they were brought there with worksheets and a movie that correlated to the worksheet.
Kids would be picked up at the end of their stay by the parent(s) or guardian(s) or on rare occasions CPS now the Department of Child Safety.
Kid were provided with a bed and toiletries and sometimes if they needed clothes to change into. Food was always stocked in the kitchen and staff monitored if kids needed some help microwaving their food. Kids were given a handmade quilt when leaving that were donated by the ladies from a church in Mesa.
The facility closed down October 2013.
Educational Aide/ BHPP
BHPP (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunches with the kids and gauranteed hours
Worked in a in patient facility working with teen adolescents that are dealing with some kind of trauma or substance abuse. I enjoyed working with teens and everyday strived to make a positive place for the teens to feel safe and build a relationship with staff. The management always did their best to ensure the safety of the patients.
love the people who work there
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 14, 2015
fun people
co worker are nice and very funny people
learned a lot from coworker
you learned from your coworker it like a good environment if you are the right people
I supervised developmentally disabled adults while at a work site.
Job Coach (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: teaching, involvement with adults, lunch with all my friends (adults).e
Cons: maybe someone having a bad day at work and me redirecting them.
I would transfer adults to work sites and help them learn their jobs.
Everyday was a blessing to see these adults thrive. It was an honor to work with them and each individual was a true friend. I also taught classes, through games, that included matching, counting, using cards, and art. The individuals were able to learn better in a fun setting. I learned more from them, than me. Each day was a new adventure and sometimes an individual would become angry and I would help them calm down. That was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was definately my charges. My bosses were all kind and helpful and I worked there for over 3 years.
would not recommend
Hibilitative Interventionist (Former Employee), Meridian, IDNovember 27, 2014
would not recommend working here. Poorly managed and poor work place environment.
They still haven't payed me completely from 2 yrs ago.
They make a lot of promises and do not follow through.
PRODUCTIVE
Case Manager (Current Employee), Mesa,AzNovember 25, 2014
SEING THOSE IN A POTION NOT ABLE TO HELP THEMSLVES seeing frowns tured into smiles.. Seeing broken families in there own home children enjoying being children, parents are able to get docus to become stable.
productivr work place
therapuetic foster parent (Current Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2014
good agency good support from staff! one of the best agencies for kids and young adults daily supervision by cm and always available to come to your home whenever.
Very rewarding job!
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: working with families to improve their children's behaviors.
Cons: distance from my house to work place.
I enjoyed working for A New Leaf very much. The staff was very knowledgeable and enjoyed their work. I moved to San Tan Valley, so it was to far to commute to work.
Hard work good pay
Therapy Technician (Former Employee), Meridian, IDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: weight
this is a great place loved it. the pay was good not great but good. the rules that had to be followed werent cool but i can see why they are there. the people were ok
Overall good
Developmental Therapist (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 19, 2014
Some minor issues with scheduling problems and very hard to get a hold of supervisors sometimes for minor emergencys
Fun workplace
Employment Training Specialist (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKApril 23, 2014
A very upbeat fun environment. The clients will brighten your life, the greenhouse is always sunny and happy. The management is always there to make your job easier.
A New Leaf, Meas, AZ - Horrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee), Mea, AZNovember 25, 2013
CFO is completely insane and is a control freak! Absolutely, positively, the WORST and most unprofessional, childish boss I have ever worked for in my career. She compulsively lies about everything, then plays the card that she is the victim to the other executives and board members. There is no accountability for her actions and she is never disciplined as if she is above the "law". For some reason, the CFO and CEO always protect her.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM A NEW LEAF! IT IS A COMPANY YOU NEVER, EVER WANT TO WORK FOR!
Fun place to work
Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fun days
Cons: hours
Working and playing with kids while teaching them coping skills in a positive way to be used in the community.
Great clients and medical staff.
Bilingual Clinician I (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2013
Pros: coworkers, clients, services and supports available. childcare at a fraction of a cost for employees.
Cons: productivity requirements, pay, no additional trainings (employee must pay for own trainings).
There was no such thing as a typical day at work; each was different and some were presented with challenges while others with rewarded outcomes. On any given day I was required to complete several assessments and complete at least 5 individual or family counseling sessions. I particularly enjoyed working with the medical staff and the psychiatrists. I enjoyed the collaboration. The hardest part of the job was meeting the productivity demands of the management which were set up very high and often left an employee feeling exhausted. The most enjoyable part of the job was advocating for the children and being a voice for those needing healing and support.
Fun and educational
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee), Meridian, IDOctober 23, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: dealing with negative behaviors from clients
A typical day here consisted of doing therapy programs in the center for a little while, then going out onto the community to learn about living in society.
Productive and Fun
Med tech and caregiver (Current Employee), Meridian, IDSeptember 26, 2013
This is a great place to work. It is fun and educational. The clients and co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is finding new ways to help the client learn and program with there disabilities.
Rewarding environment
Landscape Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2013
Pros: fun and creative projects and fundraisers.
Cons: very low pay.
I worked with adults with developmental disabilities. I taught my crew how to work with each other, how to work out in the community, how to plant and water. It was so great to see them gain confidence and be more productive. One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Really enjoy the people and management
Med tech and Residential Habilitation Therapist (Current Employee), Meridian, IDAugust 16, 2013
Cons: no health care, dental or vision offered at this time
This is a great place to work. The management is very down to earth and easy to approach. This company really cares for their clients and employees.