A New Leaf Employee Reviews

Good coworkers
Clinician I (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2017
My coworkers were fabulous. However, due to the lack of support of supervisors, there was a significant amount of turn over. It seemed as is ,the need to bill for clients interfered with the quality of care for the clients we served.
i dont know
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 29, 2017
i did not work at this place that longer
I did meet some nice people there and they did teach me alot about my degree and help me with my homework
i learn alot from my coworker
Cons
Not the best place to work
Babysitter, Caretaker, Nanny (Current Employee) –  meridian idJanuary 26, 2017
Not a great place to work, doesn't give you much hours at all. Place is clean safe and nice but wouldn't suggest working there.
Terrible Upper Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 7, 2017
Great cause but terrible leadership. Work/Life balance was atrocious as you were expected to work more hours than necessary to appease the CEO. I do not recommend.
Rewarding and challenging
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 7, 2016
I had the opportunity to help children and their families which was rewarding. You are reimbursed for mileage and get to take kids out into the community to do fun things. The job is difficult depending on your clients and what their issues are or how serious their behaviors are. Clients can be aggressive so the job is not for everybody. In this position you can somewhat set your own hours but you are expected to work a certain amount of hours weekly to meet productivity. I liked my supervisor and my co-workers. I liked staffing cases and supervisions before there were some changes made in the agency. At times families will cancel on you and you have to try and make up the hours. Having a supportive direct supervisor makes all the difference.
There is no room for advancement or opportunity for growth in this position...yet at times I still consider going back because I miss working with the kiddos
Pros
Mileage reimbursement, helping kids and their families
Cons
No room for any growth or advancement, can be hard/dangerous
Awesome
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. My co workers and co-workers was very friendly and professional. There was so much to be done however we always worked together as a team.
Pros
Good company all around
Wasted my time!
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2016
Management is absent! They do not tell you what you're really getting into. The children can be dangerous to each other and the staff, with little to no consequences. I was told that you should not wear anything to work that you can't break up a fight in. Nuff said!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else. Job not explained.
Its a great place to work
Support Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 1, 2016
I love have a routine and that's what they do here. Everyday I went out in the community with my participant and taught them skills needed to be independent. A great company!
Abysmal management with deep favoritism in work culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved getting caught up with the current state of a client's behavior, mental stability, and case status. Eventually, calls and emails were made out to our supervising agency and other informing agencies to request reports or documents to complete a client's case. Additionally, there would be frequent contact with the client's family and client's themselves to inform them of their case status.

I learned how to interact with challenging people of diverse social groups in order to meet a client's needs and goals.

Overall, the management has been awful. The first director of the program did not respect personal and professional boundaries of her team. She would have favorites based on who stroked her ego most and did not take quality of work into consideration when assigning leadership positions and promotions. Additionally, upper management replaced her with someone who exhibited the same behaviors to a slightly lesser degree.

The most enjoyable part of the job was easily interacting with the clients but the turmoil, lack of proper communication, unprofessional work environment did not make the experience worth it.
Pros
Salaried pay, freedom to adjust hours
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, no room for growth, lack of mentorship
A day at work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2016
Though you get your things done in like 2hrs-2hrs & 30 mins. There is a lot of down time. It has gotten better between nurses and RHT's. Though some RHT's will try to get nurses in trouble, they are getting better. Care is important for theses patients, and personalities is just something one has to work around.
Productive place to work with great therapists
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2016
A New Leaf was a great place to work. I was deeply saddened that I had to resign due to a medical issue. Given the opportunity I would gladly return to work at A New Leaf.
Pros
Great Staff and clients
Cons
Large workload
Avoid
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2015
run by catty women who are too emotional and extremely unprofessional in the workplace. Turn over is extremely high for a reason.
Pros
The clients are amazing
Cons
everything else
Work
Job Coach/Habilitation Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 12, 2015
My days are usually pretty laid back as of right now. The clients and myself deliver meals to the elderly in the mornings and clean museums in the afternoons.
I don't really see eye to eye with management, but the job itself I like. That's why I am still there after 3 years.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Poor Management
Don't work here
Intensive Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 25, 2015
I worked in the Children's Department for over a year. Management was AWFUL. Wanted you to do many things that you were not paid for. I spent over $150 a week on gas driving all over Treasure Valley...without reimbursement. They required you to attend monthly staff meetings, unpaid of course. Also, all your paperwork time was also unpaid. They said that you were salary, so you had to do these things, BUT if you worked under your number of billable hours per week you were in trouble. I had to request off CHRISTMAS because it was on a Tuesday one year. I liked some of my co-workers and i liked most of my clients, but management sucked. No room for advancement.
Pros
Unsure
Cons
Vacation was hard to get approved, managements attitude, lost of driving
Clients are great.
Support Partner (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2015
I love working with the homeless. This is the only reason I am still employed with this company today. The management is big on micromanaging. They are constantly changing rules and regulations and do not fill you in on them. The pay is way below what you should get paid for the amount of work you do.
Pros
The lifes you can change
Cons
The management
A fun workplace full of so many stories
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa AZJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at A new Leaf working at a Domestic Violence Shelter. I was a Case Manager with a duty to provide compassion, understanding, patience, community resources, and a good ear to the women and families that entered that shelter. I was given a caseload and I would meet with them weekly to address their issues and give them assistance with community resources to help them with employment, assist with DES applications. Or with SSI applications. Job hunts, resume advice. I was available to discuss anything with any one of those women who were not on my workload. I enjoyed being able to help them all as much as I could.
N/a
HTS (Current Employee) –  TULSA, OKJuly 16, 2015
I love this company , because I love working with people . It builds realtionship with them & also helps you value life more
A good place to work
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2015
A New Leaf once had a 23 hour respite called May-field for children to be dropped off by parents, guardians and law enforcement. It would benefit the child by allowing staff to work with the child and educate them as to why they were brought there with worksheets and a movie that correlated to the worksheet.
Kids would be picked up at the end of their stay by the parent(s) or guardian(s) or on rare occasions CPS now the Department of Child Safety.
Kid were provided with a bed and toiletries and sometimes if they needed clothes to change into. Food was always stocked in the kitchen and staff monitored if kids needed some help microwaving their food. Kids were given a handmade quilt when leaving that were donated by the ladies from a church in Mesa.
The facility closed down October 2013.
Pros
Good place to work, supportive coworkers
Educational Aide/ BHPP
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2015
Worked in a in patient facility working with teen adolescents that are dealing with some kind of trauma or substance abuse. I enjoyed working with teens and everyday strived to make a positive place for the teens to feel safe and build a relationship with staff. The management always did their best to ensure the safety of the patients.
Pros
Free lunches with the kids and gauranteed hours
love the people who work there
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2015
fun people
co worker are nice and very funny people
learned a lot from coworker
you learned from your coworker it like a good environment if you are the right people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A New Leaf. Our community is ready to answer.