A New Leaf Employee Reviews in United States

Don't work here
Intensive Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 25, 2015
I worked in the Children's Department for over a year. Management was AWFUL. Wanted you to do many things that you were not paid for. I spent over $150 a week on gas driving all over Treasure Valley...without reimbursement. They required you to attend monthly staff meetings, unpaid of course. Also, all your paperwork time was also unpaid. They said that you were salary, so you had to do these things, BUT if you worked under your number of billable hours per week you were in trouble. I had to request off CHRISTMAS because it was on a Tuesday one year. I liked some of my co-workers and i liked most of my clients, but management sucked. No room for advancement.
Pros
Unsure
Cons
Vacation was hard to get approved, managements attitude, lost of driving
Abysmal management with deep favoritism in work culture
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved getting caught up with the current state of a client's behavior, mental stability, and case status. Eventually, calls and emails were made out to our supervising agency and other informing agencies to request reports or documents to complete a client's case. Additionally, there would be frequent contact with the client's family and client's themselves to inform them of their case status.

I learned how to interact with challenging people of diverse social groups in order to meet a client's needs and goals.

Overall, the management has been awful. The first director of the program did not respect personal and professional boundaries of her team. She would have favorites based on who stroked her ego most and did not take quality of work into consideration when assigning leadership positions and promotions. Additionally, upper management replaced her with someone who exhibited the same behaviors to a slightly lesser degree.

The most enjoyable part of the job was easily interacting with the clients but the turmoil, lack of proper communication, unprofessional work environment did not make the experience worth it.
Pros
Salaried pay, freedom to adjust hours
Cons
Unprofessional work environment, no room for growth, lack of mentorship
Wasted my time!
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 7, 2016
Management is absent! They do not tell you what you're really getting into. The children can be dangerous to each other and the staff, with little to no consequences. I was told that you should not wear anything to work that you can't break up a fight in. Nuff said!!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else. Job not explained.
Awesome
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 15, 2016
Excellent company to work for. My co workers and co-workers was very friendly and professional. There was so much to be done however we always worked together as a team.
Pros
Good company all around
Cons
NONE
Its a great place to work
Support Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMay 1, 2016
I love have a routine and that's what they do here. Everyday I went out in the community with my participant and taught them skills needed to be independent. A great company!
A day at work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2016
Though you get your things done in like 2hrs-2hrs & 30 mins. There is a lot of down time. It has gotten better between nurses and RHT's. Though some RHT's will try to get nurses in trouble, they are getting better. Care is important for theses patients, and personalities is just something one has to work around.
Work
Job Coach/Habilitation Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKNovember 12, 2015
My days are usually pretty laid back as of right now. The clients and myself deliver meals to the elderly in the mornings and clean museums in the afternoons.
I don't really see eye to eye with management, but the job itself I like. That's why I am still there after 3 years.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Poor Management
Productive place to work with great therapists
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 7, 2016
A New Leaf was a great place to work. I was deeply saddened that I had to resign due to a medical issue. Given the opportunity I would gladly return to work at A New Leaf.
Pros
Great Staff and clients
Cons
Large workload
Leave your ethics at the door.
accounting team member (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 24, 2013
It's a nonprofit so you'd think people would be nice and friendly and helpful. Forget about that. The person in charge of the accounting department likes her staff to not get along so they will rat each other out. Unqualified, unprofessional, and miserable people can have long-term employment here. Don't try to make process improvements; they are not wanted. If you would like to help someone, think twice. The unqualified staff are paranoid, defensive and think they know everything, even if your knowledge, experience and training tells you that you are 100% correct and they are wrong. You are not allowed to do the job you were hired to do and usually because your coworkers will stop you and management will look the other way. Financial statements are constantly fudged because 'they don't look right'. I'm surprised they still have funding for their programs. Double and triple billing occurs here. And before you start thinking you are a professional, you will be put on a rotation to clean the kitchen and bathroom. For this little bit of heaven on earth, you get to have low pay and poor benefits.
Avoid
Job coach (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2015
run by catty women who are too emotional and extremely unprofessional in the workplace. Turn over is extremely high for a reason.
Pros
The clients are amazing
Cons
everything else
Clients are great.
Support Partner (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 28, 2015
I love working with the homeless. This is the only reason I am still employed with this company today. The management is big on micromanaging. They are constantly changing rules and regulations and do not fill you in on them. The pay is way below what you should get paid for the amount of work you do.
Pros
The lifes you can change
Cons
The management
A fun workplace full of so many stories
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa AZJuly 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at A new Leaf working at a Domestic Violence Shelter. I was a Case Manager with a duty to provide compassion, understanding, patience, community resources, and a good ear to the women and families that entered that shelter. I was given a caseload and I would meet with them weekly to address their issues and give them assistance with community resources to help them with employment, assist with DES applications. Or with SSI applications. Job hunts, resume advice. I was available to discuss anything with any one of those women who were not on my workload. I enjoyed being able to help them all as much as I could.
A good place to work
Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 7, 2015
A New Leaf once had a 23 hour respite called May-field for children to be dropped off by parents, guardians and law enforcement. It would benefit the child by allowing staff to work with the child and educate them as to why they were brought there with worksheets and a movie that correlated to the worksheet.
Kids would be picked up at the end of their stay by the parent(s) or guardian(s) or on rare occasions CPS now the Department of Child Safety.
Kid were provided with a bed and toiletries and sometimes if they needed clothes to change into. Food was always stocked in the kitchen and staff monitored if kids needed some help microwaving their food. Kids were given a handmade quilt when leaving that were donated by the ladies from a church in Mesa.
The facility closed down October 2013.
Pros
Good place to work, supportive coworkers
Rewarding environment
Landscape Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 27, 2013
I worked with adults with developmental disabilities. I taught my crew how to work with each other, how to work out in the community, how to plant and water. It was so great to see them gain confidence and be more productive. One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Pros
fun and creative projects and fundraisers.
Cons
very low pay.
Educational Aide/ BHPP
BHPP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2015
Worked in a in patient facility working with teen adolescents that are dealing with some kind of trauma or substance abuse. I enjoyed working with teens and everyday strived to make a positive place for the teens to feel safe and build a relationship with staff. The management always did their best to ensure the safety of the patients.
Pros
Free lunches with the kids and gauranteed hours
I supervised developmentally disabled adults while at a work site.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 26, 2015
I would transfer adults to work sites and help them learn their jobs.
Everyday was a blessing to see these adults thrive. It was an honor to work with them and each individual was a true friend. I also taught classes, through games, that included matching, counting, using cards, and art. The individuals were able to learn better in a fun setting. I learned more from them, than me. Each day was a new adventure and sometimes an individual would become angry and I would help them calm down. That was the hardest part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was definately my charges. My bosses were all kind and helpful and I worked there for over 3 years.
Pros
teaching, involvement with adults, lunch with all my friends (adults).e
Cons
maybe someone having a bad day at work and me redirecting them.
N/a
HTS (Current Employee) –  TULSA, OKJuly 16, 2015
I love this company , because I love working with people . It builds realtionship with them & also helps you value life more
A New Leaf, Meas, AZ - Horrible Company To Work For
Finance (Former Employee) –  Mea, AZNovember 25, 2013
CFO is completely insane and is a control freak! Absolutely, positively, the WORST and most unprofessional, childish boss I have ever worked for in my career. She compulsively lies about everything, then plays the card that she is the victim to the other executives and board members. There is no accountability for her actions and she is never disciplined as if she is above the "law". For some reason, the CFO and CEO always protect her.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM A NEW LEAF! IT IS A COMPANY YOU NEVER, EVER WANT TO WORK FOR!
Great clients and medical staff.
Bilingual Clinician I (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 23, 2013
There was no such thing as a typical day at work; each was different and some were presented with challenges while others with rewarded outcomes. On any given day I was required to complete several assessments and complete at least 5 individual or family counseling sessions. I particularly enjoyed working with the medical staff and the psychiatrists. I enjoyed the collaboration. The hardest part of the job was meeting the productivity demands of the management which were set up very high and often left an employee feeling exhausted. The most enjoyable part of the job was advocating for the children and being a voice for those needing healing and support.
Pros
coworkers, clients, services and supports available. childcare at a fraction of a cost for employees.
Cons
productivity requirements, pay, no additional trainings (employee must pay for own trainings).
love the people who work there
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2015
fun people
co worker are nice and very funny people
learned a lot from coworker
you learned from your coworker it like a good environment if you are the right people