A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

Low stress, small company
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2017
On average, it was placing a lot of outbound calls to people who had expressed interest in any of our partner websites (of which there were literally hundreds) and attempting to connect them with a Senior Living Adviser in their area who could help them find the best fit for themselves or their loved ones. Very nice environment and good cause.
Very Stressful
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2017
This is not a good work from home job. The regional manager was never available for help with things I needed. I was the only employee in Utah for the company. Getting any type of assistance was not available on a regular basis.
Great Austin Office
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2017
Culture in office is amazing: Work hard. Get results. No micro-management. Have fun. There is a honeybadger attitude that drives innovation & autonomy. This means we are empowered to figure out new approaches and ways of doing business that drive the customer experience and / or bottom line.
The best job I've ever had!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 8, 2017
A Place for Mom has treated me well since the first day I showed up. An outstanding workplace culture, great pay and benefits, and an operational structure that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit.

I've always had the freedom to express my thoughts and take action on my ideas. The company has been successful as a result of letting their employees take control of a project and providing help along the way.

I'm proud of the work we do at A Place for Mom, helping families who don't know what to do in difficult situations. Our Senior Living Advisors are people that genuinely care about the families and seniors they help every day.
Pros
Great culture, location, freedom, management, pay, and mission.
Cons
We help families in difficult times, so hearing about the struggles they've dealt with before contacting us can be emotional at times.
Productive and Growth Driven Environment
Manager, Sales Operations and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2017
A Place For Mom rewards hard work with growth opportunities and a desire to foster work life balance. The culture at A Place For Mom is living a healthy well balanced life that allows for you to be able to focus while working, and enjoy outside life while not "on the clock".
n.a
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2017
a place for mom was founded to assist families in finding senior living commmunities for their loved ones. You can call and speak to a senior living advisor who can assist in those difficult decisions
Confused and inexperienced management
Community Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 28, 2017
Management: Many of the managers have never done the job, they are hired from the outside. This is true of local managers and senior leadership in corporate.

Pay: When you are hired you are given a target income at 100% to quota. That is your permanent income level. Each year they will raise your quota and lower your per sale commission to hit that quota. The most awful commission plan. Also, since they were just acquired again in 2017 they were told to increase profits. So now they are taking accounts from people and saying that you still have to service them but won't get paid for them.

Job Security: Non existent. There are many people on performance plans after a couple of months. Management does that so they can fire people quickly if they decide to. Management decided how many calls you get, what your territory is, and even shifts those numbers based on how they feel about you that month. Very high turnover, dozens of jobs open each month. Only a few people stay for very long.
Poor mangement and demeaning methodology
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 6, 2017
While it seems like you are going to help people, what you are really doing is hunting down referral money from desperate families that mistakenly go to A Place for Mom online not knowing the advisors typically know little more than they do.

Calls are around the clock and you are trapped in your home working here. I live in a less affluent area, so there was little chance of securing referrals and the senior housing and facilities were too depressing and offensive smelling while being expensive none the less.

Run away from this organization, they will be soul sucking, not people helping. My manger was demeaning and sarcastic, she left much to be desired from my experience with a Place for Mom. I earned next to nothing and felt like a leech on society. Most of your time is hounding people who you gave a list of facilities to and following up to see if they booked a stay for their family member, so APFM can collect on a referral fee.

Very unpleasant work.
Virtual Inside Sales
Senior Living Advisor - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2017
Good flexibility and good potential earnings. Company is on cutting edge of technology and number one in their category. Great training is available monthly and during annual group meeting.
Enjoyed the employment opportunities
SENIOR LIVING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  NationwideAugust 4, 2017
I started with the company in 2003 and continued my employment for ten and a half years. I was pleased with the support, commitment and advancement options offered to me during my employment.
Pros
Home office
Kind hearts great training
Sales Director/Senior Living Advisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 3, 2017
I loved working at a place for mom but needed to relocate. They are kind and fair. Their training is excellent. They have firm but fair expectations. They are a relaxed culture and genuinly care about their employees.
Pros
Work from home options and great comission packages.
Cons
Could pay a better salary
Pay is terrible
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
Dont let the work form home fool you. You are chained to your computer and headset. They are always listening. You have to work every other weekend and then can only take off on a Wed or Thursday for working those days. Some days you will have a split shift 9-12 and then 5-9. Pay is 30k per year for full time!
Pros
No office to drive to
Cons
pay
A Place for Mom- Always changing
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2017
I have been working with this company for over 5 years, and it has changed dramatically. It is still changing, as they are branching out into different senior resources and technology. The culture is very progressive, and they seem to really care about their employees, and the community. They have team get togethers and contests all the time. The monetary compensation could be better, but we do have a lot of benefits, (401K, bonuses, PTO, incentives etc.).
They are not realtors only realtor can get a commission
arizona (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 10, 2017
They are not realtors only realtor can get a commission
50% of their business is basically apartment locating because independent living does not have care home exemption
Wonderful company and very rewarding work
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 25, 2017
Advisors spend most of the day providing education and counseling for families who need resources or care for their elderly loved ones.
This is a phone sales job and you will be on the phone all day, but having the ability to work from home is wonderful! You work at least 40 hours every week.
The management team is tough but very fair. If you are a hard worker and like to help people then it may be a good fit. We help families during the toughest time of their lives and it is incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Health care benefits are not very good
Grateful
Healthcare Sales Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
I am grateful to be part of a great organization that is mission driven.
This position is a true outside sales,developing and cultivating relationships to increase leads but for me its exciting.
Not many positions reward you financially and emotionally at the same time.
Pros
work life balance
Supportive work environment with great rewards!
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
I am entering my third year with this amazing company! My typical day is fast paced and rewarding. At the end of the day, I rest well knowing how many families or individuals I have helped. They depend on our expertise. Management provides educational tools to make us successful as Senior Living Advisers. I take much pride in my Regional Manager who consistently mentors each of us and we are always reminded that we are "valuable". The workplace culture is supportive and communicative. I love my fellow teammates! Feels like family. The hardest part of the job is finding out about a loved one that has passed, but at the same time, it gives me great pleasure in knowing that I was able to assist during the time of the need, and seeing the family through the process of the placement with our valuable Partners.
Pros
Working from home;wonderful benefits package; financial opportunity
A Place for Mom is a great place to work with a lot of opportunity to advance.
MDM & Voip Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2017
I have been at APFM for about 6 months now, it has been wonderful, everyone has been so nice! The work flow is great, I stay busy all day and I'm off before I know it. Great benefits and the work culture here is literally the best I have ever seen. The location can be a pain, but they supply you with an Orca card so that helps.
Pros
Lunches, Culture, Benefits, Activities, Great networking connections
Cons
Location, Commute, some co-pays can be a little high.
Unlimited potential personally and professionally
Community Relations Advisor / Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
Exploding with opportunities to serve others while growing personally and professionally. The position is all about helping families and seniors when they literally have no where to turn. They are facing the most difficult, heart wrenching decisions of their lives. Our teams work tirelessly to assist them, easing the burden and offering options. A seemingly endless number of seniors and families to help. It's impossible to run out of opportunities, therefore the earning potential is truly in your hands. We also help healthcare professionals who are frustrated and overwhelmed with the constant changes in their world.

Hardest part is knowing when to call it a day! It's very rewarding to have people thank you repeatedly for simply doing your job.

Senior Management is is open, responsive and respectful. Hard work is rewarded financially and recognized regularly. Growth is constant, opportunities abundant and every day is different than the last!
Pros
Helping others, income potential, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Huge growth requires change and adaptation, if you don't like change, don't get on the bus!
Great to help families and be a presences in the community
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMay 22, 2017
I like the energetic drive of the job and also the flexibility.

It is exciting and sometime challenging to meet Care Managers and Social Workers and educate them about our services and the benefits we offer to families.

One of the challenges is to fit a full day into 8 hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Staying very organized on a daily and weekly basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Place For Mom. Our community is ready to answer.