A Wireless Employee Reviews

In store awesome, upper management is awful
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCMay 23, 2017
In the store, A Wireless is one of the best places to work. Our store manager was awesome, but the higher up's are liars. I was the top consultant for our location and district but was lied to several times when I asked about a raise. The district manager then lied about a specific situation that in turn led to my termination but the person that I am, called him out for being a liar. Its easy to get attached to customers and the compensation and benefits were awesome. Its just hard to work under a district manager who doesn't support his employees.
Amazing if you have a great work ethic.
Selling store managef (Current Employee) –  IAMay 21, 2017
A wireless is a very fair company, has integrity, great leadership and great pay. It can be the case that a store manger can fail the company and his employees. These individuals are dealt with quickly when the company is informed.

This is a commissioned based job. Amazingly you are paid over minimum wage as well. Great health care and other benefits.

This job requires you to work in a climate controlled environment where you connect with customers to find what their needs are. Then with honesty and integrity close on those items that fits that customer. You can easily see 200 customers a month. The goals you have to meet to just keep your job are easy to meet if you maintain the sales process and use the information taught to you. Never sell out of your own pocket, keep a positive attitude and stay consistent and you can make a lot of money for little effort.

Those that have bad reviews may have been placed in a bad situation where they had poor management. Most employees hate their jobs due to the manager not the company itself. As long as you are good at sales and don't expect something for nothing you can go far. If you fail but you tried your best and even had great leadership you may just not be a good fit for wireless sales.
Pros
Great pay, amazing leadership, benefits and easy work.
Cons
Should only pay people minimum wage and award with better commission to those who contribute.
Very energetic and fun group of people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2017
I would recommend anyone who excels in sales to join this company! The sales commission is wonderful. However I would advise to avoid management as this company seems to be led by young inexperienced leaders.
Pros
Commission an bonus tiers
Cons
everyone is subject to relocation.
May 17, 2017

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you had a great experience. We are working on ways to help train our Store Managers with our new Store Manager Workshops we are conducting throughout the nation. We hope this will address gaps in training that may have been missed in the past.

Typical work day
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2017
No major issues with the people I work with. Everyone is pretty much family. If I could change anything I would definitely change the way the pay is set up.
May 17, 2017

Thanks for your review! We are glad to see that you have a great network of peers within the company.

A Wireless
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAApril 30, 2017
Typical sales job with quota's. Management is okay. It really depends on your store manager on if you enjoy the position or not. Sales isn't for everyone. This company is solid and you can make good money if you work hard at it.
Pros
Good Money and benefits
Cons
some of the store managers doesnt know how to train you to succeed.
May 18, 2017

Thanks for your insight! You are correct - you can make great money if you truly are great at sales. We have recognized our Store Managers need extra coaching, and recently kicked off Store Manager Workshops nationwide to arm our managers with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to take these back to their stores.

Can be a fun place to work with an open mind approch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Company seems to provide little to no support so your experience will directly reflect on your immediate supervisor. Location greatly reflects commission.
Pros
fast pace sales envionment
Cons
fast pace sales envionment
April 10, 2017

As a Store Manager, I am not sure if you have been introduced to our new Store Manager Workshops that will be taking place throughout the nation this year. We recognize that our store leaders needed additional support so this is definitely one way we are giving you the tools you need to personally succeed and take charge of your own career. Thanks for your insight!

Crazy expectations
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 2, 2017
Good money to be made if in the right market with established leadership. Growth too fast for ill trained leadership to grow. Great compensation if in upper management
Over worked employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at work meant opening and more than likely closing the store or leaving only a couple hours prior. Hardest part of this job was the hours. There was no set hours it all depended on how well the store was doing no matter the traffic or location. Holidays were also difficult as working open to close for the 2 days prior to and after MAJOR holidays was a requirement so there was very little family time for any dedicated employee.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
LONG LONG hours, no care for employees outside what they produce
April 10, 2017

Within the retail sector, hours are always driven by business. Retail isn't for everyone because of the hours, fast-paced, ever changing environment. Thanks for your insight

HR Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work with an amazing work/life balance. Competitive wages and benefits. Fast passed working environment and great culture. Would recommend!
April 10, 2017

Thank you for your insight! We are continually trying to add better benefits and taking a look at how we can be better. We appreciate you sharing your comments and glad you had a great experience during your tenure.

Good place to get sales experience
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Not a lot of room to move up in employment, upper management will threaten your job if you don't perform the way they want you do if you're not pulling unreasonable sales numbers.
Noone cares except for themselves. Poorly managed in the end.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  , GAMarch 18, 2017
Poor management. Change of pay for no reason put more work load on you and constantly changed the rules. No chance for advancement unless your family or ya know. No appraisals just all negatively. High turnover. And will work you until u cant work anymore
Cons
Terrible management can be fun at times.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 10, 2017
Management will force you to sell things people don't want, lying is encouraged and to an extent required. Perks like discounts and if you're lucky free phones don't out weigh the bad. Weekends suck but that's most retail jobs. For the most part everyone is cool it's just when it comes to numbers they don't mess around. They don't care about being deceiving. Pay all depends on what store you are in and how many people. Constantly making better numbers and constantly lowering hours to "save money"
Pros
Discount employee friends
Find somewhere else...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tillamook, ORFebruary 22, 2017
Worst job I've ever had. Management let people sexually harass me, and coworkers steal money from me without taking any type of action on multiple occasions. Our till was constantly short and our manager would always ask me for $3-5 to put in it almost daily. Save your money, find a better job.
Pros
Cons
managment
Good job but extremely unethical
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Many talented sales reps but unethical and management cares only for themselves and their people. Overall great atmosphere working for Verizon but as a third party retailer the unethical nature of sales is at another level.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Work/life balance
Good company to work for, with the exception of direct upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIFebruary 14, 2017
*Really liked working with customers
*Compensation was great
*Direct upper management was unethical
*Great product to sell
*Great support from co-workers
Pros
great commission structure
Cons
periods of no customers
Poor Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I was part of an acquisition. Unfortunately the merging of new employees was non existent. Company is all about the bottom line for it's investors while not respecting it's corporate employees. I would never work for this company.
Leadership
Sales Consultant Manager as of November 2016 (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 7, 2017
Its a trickle up hill job. So Management was hard on us non-stop. It was very difficult to keep work ethic with the way they handle a lot of situations.
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 29, 2017
i was looking for more opportunity then what my last job was offering. i was lied to in my interveiw about pay and how the company actually worked. they wanted me for my experiance and didnt care how i was treated. i went from making twice as much as is possible to make here to being very underpaid for all my work i did. management sucks and doesnt care that you have a personal life they want you to work a crazy schedual for nothing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great incentives, advancement, and culture
A Wireless Employee (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 25, 2017
Highly recommend!
-Personal and professional growth
-Contests, trips and prizes
-Lucrative career path
-Great team environment
-Great partners available for support
Horrible
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centre, ALJanuary 24, 2017
All they care about is your sales numbers. This leads to customers being taken advantage of, tricked, and lied to. They charge customers for things they aren't getting. It's an awful place to work if you actually care about people. They don't care how dedicated you are or how much you work only about those numbers. Management encourages employees to lie to customers. And "anonymous" employee satisfaction surveys are not anonymous; I was terminated 2 days after completing a survey honestly. I had no prior write ups or "pips". I walked in 2 days after the survey and was terminated by the corporate office, much to the shock of my store leader.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lying & cheating people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7