A Wireless Employee Reviews

Can be a fun place to work with an open mind approch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Company seems to provide little to no support so your experience will directly reflect on your immediate supervisor. Location greatly reflects commission.
Pros
fast pace sales envionment
Cons
fast pace sales envionment
April 10, 2017

As a Store Manager, I am not sure if you have been introduced to our new Store Manager Workshops that will be taking place throughout the nation this year. We recognize that our store leaders needed additional support so this is definitely one way we are giving you the tools you need to personally succeed and take charge of your own career. Thanks for your insight!

Crazy expectations
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 2, 2017
Good money to be made if in the right market with established leadership. Growth too fast for ill trained leadership to grow. Great compensation if in upper management
Over worked employees
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at work meant opening and more than likely closing the store or leaving only a couple hours prior. Hardest part of this job was the hours. There was no set hours it all depended on how well the store was doing no matter the traffic or location. Holidays were also difficult as working open to close for the 2 days prior to and after MAJOR holidays was a requirement so there was very little family time for any dedicated employee.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
LONG LONG hours, no care for employees outside what they produce
April 10, 2017

Within the retail sector, hours are always driven by business. Retail isn't for everyone because of the hours, fast-paced, ever changing environment. Thanks for your insight

HR Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 28, 2017
Great place to work with an amazing work/life balance. Competitive wages and benefits. Fast passed working environment and great culture. Would recommend!
April 10, 2017

Thank you for your insight! We are continually trying to add better benefits and taking a look at how we can be better. We appreciate you sharing your comments and glad you had a great experience during your tenure.

Good place to get sales experience
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 22, 2017
Not a lot of room to move up in employment, upper management will threaten your job if you don't perform the way they want you do if you're not pulling unreasonable sales numbers.
Noone cares except for themselves. Poorly managed in the end.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  , GAMarch 18, 2017
Poor management. Change of pay for no reason put more work load on you and constantly changed the rules. No chance for advancement unless your family or ya know. No appraisals just all negatively. High turnover. And will work you until u cant work anymore
Cons
Terrible management can be fun at times.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 10, 2017
Management will force you to sell things people don't want, lying is encouraged and to an extent required. Perks like discounts and if you're lucky free phones don't out weigh the bad. Weekends suck but that's most retail jobs. For the most part everyone is cool it's just when it comes to numbers they don't mess around. They don't care about being deceiving. Pay all depends on what store you are in and how many people. Constantly making better numbers and constantly lowering hours to "save money"
Pros
Discount employee friends
Find somewhere else...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tillamook, ORFebruary 22, 2017
Worst job I've ever had. Management let people sexually harass me, and coworkers steal money from me without taking any type of action on multiple occasions. Our till was constantly short and our manager would always ask me for $3-5 to put in it almost daily. Save your money, find a better job.
Pros
Cons
managment
Good job but extremely unethical
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 18, 2017
Many talented sales reps but unethical and management cares only for themselves and their people. Overall great atmosphere working for Verizon but as a third party retailer the unethical nature of sales is at another level.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Work/life balance
Good company to work for, with the exception of direct upper management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIFebruary 14, 2017
*Really liked working with customers
*Compensation was great
*Direct upper management was unethical
*Great product to sell
*Great support from co-workers
Pros
great commission structure
Cons
periods of no customers
Poor Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 7, 2017
I was part of an acquisition. Unfortunately the merging of new employees was non existent. Company is all about the bottom line for it's investors while not respecting it's corporate employees. I would never work for this company.
Leadership
Sales Consultant Manager as of November 2016 (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 7, 2017
Its a trickle up hill job. So Management was hard on us non-stop. It was very difficult to keep work ethic with the way they handle a lot of situations.
horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 29, 2017
i was looking for more opportunity then what my last job was offering. i was lied to in my interveiw about pay and how the company actually worked. they wanted me for my experiance and didnt care how i was treated. i went from making twice as much as is possible to make here to being very underpaid for all my work i did. management sucks and doesnt care that you have a personal life they want you to work a crazy schedual for nothing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great incentives, advancement, and culture
A Wireless Employee (Current Employee) –  MDJanuary 25, 2017
Highly recommend!
-Personal and professional growth
-Contests, trips and prizes
-Lucrative career path
-Great team environment
-Great partners available for support
Horrible
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Centre, ALJanuary 24, 2017
All they care about is your sales numbers. This leads to customers being taken advantage of, tricked, and lied to. They charge customers for things they aren't getting. It's an awful place to work if you actually care about people. They don't care how dedicated you are or how much you work only about those numbers. Management encourages employees to lie to customers. And "anonymous" employee satisfaction surveys are not anonymous; I was terminated 2 days after completing a survey honestly. I had no prior write ups or "pips". I walked in 2 days after the survey and was terminated by the corporate office, much to the shock of my store leader.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Lying & cheating people
very good atmosphere, always walked in happy to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day would be opening the store, I would count the cash, scan all the phones we had and also clean the store the for the day. Once we would be open I would call back the customers from the day pervious to ask how they are liking their devices and if they had any questions. While doing that I would receive the inventory we would get, I would scan it and date and make everything was put away properly. When customers would come in I would help them with any questions they would have. I would also sell them the products we had in store and made sure it was the best fit for them. Overall I made sure my customers were very happy with their products.
Great work with rewarding benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 16, 2017
Working here has taught me sales and management. It was a fun atmosphere and allowed me to provide customers with better monthly prices on their Verizon bills as well as with the newest most up to date cell phone on the market!
fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day at Verizon awireless can be stressful. a lot of quotas you need to meet and a lot of different people you interact with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is understanding the product you are selling and the most enjoyable part is putting a smile on the customers face.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
working holidays
Terrible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Management is not there to help. The culture is horrendous and the pay is absolutely terrible. This is not worth the stress or the money to work for this company. If you're not doing well or struggling management will let you sink and call you out saying you're doing a bad job to embarrass you instead of trying to help you fix it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, no leadership, VERY LOW PAY
Fun place to work. Upbeat enviroment
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH 44136December 15, 2016
This was a great job just my location was a little slow. Great people to work with. I would recommend this job n the mall location if you don't mind being a slower store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6