A Wireless Employee Reviews

Not a company to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New castle DelawareSeptember 6, 2016
Management was egotistical, staff was vindictive and the pay structure consistently changed depending on how sunny it was outside. The assistant manager was mpre of a manager than the actual manager who sat around and hovered over your shoulder all day. Company only cares about making sure the customer pays more than what they should and have you make as little as possible. This is a job for teens who still love with their parents, not actual adults. I would not recommend any one work for Awireless in New Castle Delaware.
Pros
Beautiful sunsets, local food
Cons
Poor management, sorry benefits
Strictly a Form of a Paycheck
Former Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VASeptember 17, 2016
They do not follow the strict compliance of Verizon- it's all about the sale whether the customer needs it or not. This particular location has a rep that has been there so long he knows what customers to turn away so he can have the most sales. The commission structure changes, or should I say reduces without notification.
Pros
Manager leaves for inexcusable amounts of time with lots of customers in the store
Cons
Benefits are garbage, no time for a personal life, low pay
Sales Driven
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2016
Sales driven and expectations were set. Large company nationwide. Great benefits and career path is set and explained for growth. Would recommend
Sinking ship
Assistant store leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 28, 2016
After the three years of working in this field, my former company was purchased by A Wireless. Here is my review: Unprofessional management, biased treatment from superiors and horrible work/life balance. Management is focused on numbers only and see employees as a disposable resource. I found out I was being demoted because my job was posted online. This occurred after telling my district leader I was not coming into work on my day off because I has been drinking that day, and didn't think it would be professional to come into work since I had been drinking. Three days later my manager had the discussion about my demotion, and I chose to resign rather than continue to work for this joke of a company. It should also be noted that I was referred to as "dog food" by my district leader for months, and that management motivates by intimidation rather than by ethical practices. Horrible company to work for, stay away.
Pros
Great benefits 401k
Cons
Read the review
Stressful enviornment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  VirginaDecember 3, 2015
I was with the company for a little over a year. During the time I have seen more than 5 employees quit. I would not recommend this job for anyone new to sales. I never understood working for a retailer versus a corporate store but their is a huge difference. 1 being the prices are a lot higher full retail for phones, 2. We were trained to make customers buy accessories, 3. Misleading promotions that we were trained on. We had a lot of customers that would come back and complain about how they felt mislead by this company in particular. The management is horrible. In a matter of a year I have seen 4 managers leave as well. Our jobs were constantly threatned by management. Lack of respect for employees. Its not you're typical sales job. Not to mention the pay is horrible and they change the commission structure regularly.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay structure, lack of respect, hours, write ups, horrible prices on phones and products
Culture Change
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2016
This company has changed a lot over the last 9 months. Hard to figure out now how to survive. Things change pretty rapidly. Every day it seems we have a new report to look at with new metrics we have to work on.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Communication between all areas of the company.
Be a salesmen
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 9, 2016
Not bad as long as you can sell.

Decent pay and benefits.
30% off in store
50% off cell service.

I really dont have much more to say about this company.
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NcSeptember 25, 2016
They are terrible at remaining competitive as far as phone prices. Their commission structure seems to change every other month. They will force you to sale a tablet to every customer whether they want it or not. They do not care about their sales reps. The line of communication is terrible. They will not help you or back you on anything. Even if you make quota which I do the pay is still not worth it. You only get a small percentage of your individual total gross profit. Seriously Awireless since they got bought out is a horrible company to work for. It is simply a paycheck until you can move on to something else.
Cons
Best thing about working here, is clocking out...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2016
I worked for this company for almost two years. Management hires friends. Which means if management isn't doing their part as a manager, (i.e. people coming in late, extra long lunches, product theft my employees), and if you tried to go up the ladder to someone else, nothing happens. NOTHING. This company is the most inconsiderate of your time, and home life. For example, they love to have District meetings early in the morning, once a month, and usually your travel time to these meetings was an hour or more. Especially if you lived in Texas City, and was told to drive to the 43rd street location. You're always threatened with job security, and the pay is no where near worth the time and the effort that they ask of you. Everyone who is in a position to lead, from store managers all the way to the regional managers, really genuinely don't care. Some of them are perverts.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
Clocking in.
This was a great place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 27, 2016
The Job is Easy the Company has went through some structure changes which upper management has lost there minds. made management stay at work for 12hr daily until a goal for the district was hit. Management would not communicate with the sale consultant, just lower management and had to relay message to the sales cunsultants which holds the manager accountable for decision district manager had made
Pros
Great pay
Cons
culture of the company

Want to know more about A Wireless?

Ask a question
Not Worth It
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 24, 2016
When I first started I loved my job. But things would change everyday, you were constantly being told that your job was on the line. I had a change in coworkers and became the only girl, and all of a sudden everything was my fault, I apparently didnt know my job, and I wasn't pulling my weight.

I was amidst planning my wedding which all my coworkers and upper management knew.
The week of my wedding I had to make an emergency trip to have tuxs tried on, I told my manager I'd be late getting back as I had to go 2.5 hrs away. I was then told I had been late multiple time's and that I needed to start caring about my job and other awful things. I told him that he and a coworker were making me feel awful. His response was that I should feel awful. (Only in different words)

I reported it to higher management and nothing has been done. He is still working for this company as is the coworker.

Definitely not worth the stress for the low pay and ridiculous commissions scale.
Plenty of opportunity
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 22, 2016
- Sales driven in-store representative position, perfect for introduction into a sales career

- Learned great sales skills and techniques

- Management flexible with employees, understanding, willing to direct employees into most profitable situations

- Co workers were great to work with

- As long as your willing to learn and accept change, there was no hard part to the job
Pros
Flexibility, Advancement opportunities
Worst company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNSeptember 7, 2016
This has to be the WORST place of employment i have ever been in. Store managers are unwilling to help, constantly hound you about your sales, and get mad if u dont push the over prices accessories on the customers. Very dishonest with their customers and have since of what true customer service is. I wouldnt recommend this company for employment. Turn ovet rate it very higj and that should tell u something.
Pros
Getting out of theRe
Cons
NONE
Dishonest and disgusting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 9, 2016
Just despicable people all around. 2 faced. I was fired because the AVP was reminded of a previous coworker by me. My DM had no idea they were firing me.
Pros
Cons
You will be asked to lose all faith in humanity.
Unethical and poorly run.
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 23, 2016
They have just recently partnered with Z Wireless, amd the commission opportunites plummeted as soon as that happened. To be honest they treat their people horribly. My district manager would talk around about how he was sleeping with one employee, and how he was demoting a sales manager in a store a city over. My store manager stole multiple phones. My coworkers changed their own plans in unethical ways, They are shady in what they do on customers plans without permission, and their prices are crazy! Truly enethical and horrible management.
Pros
Work hard, play hard.
Cons
Cross your fingers you reach your goal, otherwise commission is a joke.
Verizon Premium Retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy the people that I work with, Very team oriented company, lots of support from management and the other store leaders. An enjoyable sales environment.
Pros
Commission, bonus' and sales perks
Cons
long hours retail
slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2016
Working here was a nightmare , you basically have no life. The management is horriable and very lazy. The pay is horriable you are better off working as a cashier at target and make the same pay. You work your butt off to meet sales goals but you never get appreciated. They demand so much and you get back so little.
Pros
Cons
everything
No weekends off
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 17, 2016
I worked here very briefly, was told after I took the job that we weren't allowed to have Fridays or Saturdays off. Even if it was just a small shift, still weren't allowed to have those days off.
Pros
Cons
Low pay vs. all other competition, No weekends off
Great job at first, but new ownership is ruining the company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Loved working with my coworkers. Job started out great making tons of money in a very fun and lax environment. After the company was purchased by an investment firm the job and company both started quickly going down hill. It started with relentless pointless tasks and pay cuts. The pay cuts were hidden under to commission structures that promised increases in pay, but actually led to at least a 20% decrease. It is becoming unbearable to work here considering how little we are getting payed, but being expected to do more and more while dealing with some of the worst customers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay cuts, customers, deceit, uppper management
Very Slow Due to Location
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Meridianville, ALOctober 27, 2016
For time i was employed there, the only day we were steady was one product launch day. Very Secretive. Very high turn over
Pros
discount on assessories
Cons
slow pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6