A Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2016
Working here was a nightmare , you basically have no life. The management is horriable and very lazy. The pay is horriable you are better off working as a cashier at target and make the same pay. You work your butt off to meet sales goals but you never get appreciated. They demand so much and you get back so little.
Pros
Cons
everything
Just dont do it. The pay is not worth everything they demand.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 25, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 and a half years, and I can honestly say the commission structure changed like 10 times, if not more. Since I started, we have done gone through 5 different district managers and in the past few months, we have had people walk out from left to right. If that doesn't tell you anything about the company, I don't know what does. To start, they demand that you sell a bundle of accessories with each device in order to maintain a high gross profit in accessories. And the bundle prices are ridiculous! Second, you have a quota in sales you have to do as well as accessories. If you aren't meeting your quotas, you get written up. The third time written up, you get terminated. There is no job security, they do not value their employees, they do not schedule you for a full 40 hours a week because they don't want you to possibly go over time, and if you do, management will deduct hours from you to make sure your paycheck is not over 40 hours. Oh! And they have a set up fee per transaction of $20 that we have to charge per customer. Supposedly it covers us transferring media from their old phone to their new phone, tech support, and phone setup. But honestly, it's just there to maximize their profit in my opinion. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Just save your time and don't seek a job at this place. And one last thing, when I first started, I made about 38000 the first year. If I would have stayed, at the rate I was going, for this year I would be expecting to make about 16000. I hope that tells you a lot about this place. No exaggeration.
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Employees are not valued, commission is always changing, hard to make money, no job security
Not Worth It
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 24, 2016
When I first started I loved my job. But things would change everyday, you were constantly being told that your job was on the line. I had a change in coworkers and became the only girl, and all of a sudden everything was my fault, I apparently didnt know my job, and I wasn't pulling my weight.

I was amidst planning my wedding which all my coworkers and upper management knew.
The week of my wedding I had to make an emergency trip to have tuxs tried on, I told my manager I'd be late getting back as I had to go 2.5 hrs away. I was then told I had been late multiple time's and that I needed to start caring about my job and other awful things. I told him that he and a coworker were making me feel awful. His response was that I should feel awful. (Only in different words)

I reported it to higher management and nothing has been done. He is still working for this company as is the coworker.

Definitely not worth the stress for the low pay and ridiculous commissions scale.
Don't do it!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 12, 2016
Wast of time.
Region and District "leaders" are always on your back.
You could make good sales throughout the paid period, but as soon as you make a bad sale, they are on you real quick. Talking about write-ups and not being a team player, ect...

I'll just leave it like this. Next year they will have all new sale consultants and managers in all stores.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
Poor Management
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 11, 2016
Managers Lead with Intimidation. Slam Customers with device the customers do not need. Clearly only care about themselves and not the customer. They cut your hours and give you horrible shifts if you dont agree with there way of selling or ripping off customer
Pros
Cons
Give Verizon and Sales people a bad name.
Be a salesmen
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAMay 9, 2016
Not bad as long as you can sell.

Decent pay and benefits.
30% off in store
50% off cell service.

I really dont have much more to say about this company.
There is always room to move up
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ferndale, WAMay 8, 2016
A Wireless is the biggest Verizon Premium Retailer in the country, and is still expanding. Because of this, there is room to move up in the company quite a bit. The downside to working with such a large company is that issues aren't always resolved with management, and sometimes expectations are a little high. When 4G was first bought out by A Wireless, we had low goals with lots of hours. The way the commission structure works is that you don't really start making a lot of commission until you meet your goal. So when the goals were low, it was great. But then they almost doubled our goals and cut our hours back, basically cutting my average paycheck in half.

This is the sort of job that sort of takes over your life, so if you want the kind of job that you can leave at the office, this isn't the right line of work for you.

The hardest part of the job is the customers. Because it's a premium retailer and not a corporate store, it's fairly limited what we can do as far as billing and prices go. But because we are the face of Verizon that the customer sees, we are the bad guy if something goes wrong. I discovered that the majority of the people I tried to help (and trust me, I tried my hardest) left the store unhappy. And, as a people-pleaser, that was hard for me to deal with.

The company seems to care more about the numbers than about the satisfaction of their customers. Overpriced cases that we NEED to sell or we get docked down--and we aren't allowed to offer too many coupons, either.

If you're competitive and good at lying, this is definitely the job for you.
  more... But that's sort of the nature of any sales position. You've got to make your customers think that they absolutely NEED the product that you're trying to sell. If that's something that you're good at, you'd do well with this company.  less
Horrible
Verizon Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 5, 2016
Awful place to work, constantly changing commission structure, no traffic and no help to get traffic in the door from leadership
Pros
Cons
everything
Verizon Premium Retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy the people that I work with, Very team oriented company, lots of support from management and the other store leaders. An enjoyable sales environment.
Pros
Commission, bonus' and sales perks
Cons
long hours retail
Best thing about working here, is clocking out...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2016
I worked for this company for almost two years. Management hires friends. Which means if management isn't doing their part as a manager, (i.e. people coming in late, extra long lunches, product theft my employees), and if you tried to go up the ladder to someone else, nothing happens. NOTHING. This company is the most inconsiderate of your time, and home life. For example, they love to have District meetings early in the morning, once a month, and usually your travel time to these meetings was an hour or more. Especially if you lived in Texas City, and was told to drive to the 43rd street location. You're always threatened with job security, and the pay is no where near worth the time and the effort that they ask of you. Everyone who is in a position to lead, from store managers all the way to the regional managers, really genuinely don't care. Some of them are perverts.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
Clocking in.
Plenty of opportunity
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 22, 2016
- Sales driven in-store representative position, perfect for introduction into a sales career

- Learned great sales skills and techniques

- Management flexible with employees, understanding, willing to direct employees into most profitable situations

- Co workers were great to work with

- As long as your willing to learn and accept change, there was no hard part to the job
Pros
Flexibility, Advancement opportunities
Poor Store Management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2016
Managers are promoted for the wrong reasons. Just because your a good sales person does not mean your are a good manager.

Correction is done in a public forum rather than in private.

Favoritism is the word of the day.
Culture Change
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2016
This company has changed a lot over the last 9 months. Hard to figure out now how to survive. Things change pretty rapidly. Every day it seems we have a new report to look at with new metrics we have to work on.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Communication between all areas of the company.
A Wireless
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2016
not very employee friendly no work life balance work 6 days a week 80+ hours. Company does not treat it's employees well at all
Just a great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 2, 2016
Always fun productive and achieving helping customers handle their cellular needs. Being able to use creativity to assist a customer with an issue that the standard procedure can't fix
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
the occasional rude customer
Very Professional
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 11, 2016
Very great company to continue your career, they teach you so much and promote the way they feel they need to in order to have the best team. I highly recommend working for this company if working for a premium retailer is what you're looking for
Pros
Career and Success driven
Cons
haven't found any
Great place to work! Great people to work for!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 9, 2016
I loved my job and the people i worked with and for. I had to relocate and wasn't able to transfer. The hours sometimes were long but the rewards were definitely worth it. I enjoyed being a part of the excitement with customers getting new cell phones. I didn't too much like having to deal with irate customers.
Hands down worst job i have had.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 8, 2016
Upper Management is just terrible. They use a system called rebiz to monitor everything you do, if your numbers do not meet what they want they will let you go. keep in mind even if the location has no traffic they don't care. Stay away from this company if you can. very toxic place.
Pros
Cons
a lot!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMarch 3, 2016
I meet with customers on a daily basis to find out their needs. I put together a bundle solution.
Meet with employees daily and weekly to help improve sales techniques and make sure they are meeting their sales goals.
I enjoy meeting and helping people.
Great job at first, but new ownership is ruining the company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Loved working with my coworkers. Job started out great making tons of money in a very fun and lax environment. After the company was purchased by an investment firm the job and company both started quickly going down hill. It started with relentless pointless tasks and pay cuts. The pay cuts were hidden under to commission structures that promised increases in pay, but actually led to at least a 20% decrease. It is becoming unbearable to work here considering how little we are getting payed, but being expected to do more and more while dealing with some of the worst customers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay cuts, customers, deceit, uppper management

2.6