A Wireless Employee Reviews in United States

Sinking ship
Assistant store leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 28, 2016
After the three years of working in this field, my former company was purchased by A Wireless. Here is my review: Unprofessional management, biased treatment from superiors and horrible work/life balance. Management is focused on numbers only and see employees as a disposable resource. I found out I was being demoted because my job was posted online. This occurred after telling my district leader I was not coming into work on my day off because I has been drinking that day, and didn't think it would be professional to come into work since I had been drinking. Three days later my manager had the discussion about my demotion, and I chose to resign rather than continue to work for this joke of a company. It should also be noted that I was referred to as "dog food" by my district leader for months, and that management motivates by intimidation rather than by ethical practices. Horrible company to work for, stay away.
Pros
Great benefits 401k
Cons
Read the review
Stressful enviornment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  VirginaDecember 3, 2015
I was with the company for a little over a year. During the time I have seen more than 5 employees quit. I would not recommend this job for anyone new to sales. I never understood working for a retailer versus a corporate store but their is a huge difference. 1 being the prices are a lot higher full retail for phones, 2. We were trained to make customers buy accessories, 3. Misleading promotions that we were trained on. We had a lot of customers that would come back and complain about how they felt mislead by this company in particular. The management is horrible. In a matter of a year I have seen 4 managers leave as well. Our jobs were constantly threatned by management. Lack of respect for employees. Its not you're typical sales job. Not to mention the pay is horrible and they change the commission structure regularly.
Benefits
Cons
Management, pay structure, lack of respect, hours, write ups, horrible prices on phones and products
Unethical and poorly run.
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 23, 2016
They have just recently partnered with Z Wireless, amd the commission opportunites plummeted as soon as that happened. To be honest they treat their people horribly. My district manager would talk around about how he was sleeping with one employee, and how he was demoting a sales manager in a store a city over. My store manager stole multiple phones. My coworkers changed their own plans in unethical ways, They are shady in what they do on customers plans without permission, and their prices are crazy! Truly enethical and horrible management.
Pros
Work hard, play hard.
Cons
Cross your fingers you reach your goal, otherwise commission is a joke.
Great job at first, but new ownership is ruining the company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, NCFebruary 19, 2016
Loved working with my coworkers. Job started out great making tons of money in a very fun and lax environment. After the company was purchased by an investment firm the job and company both started quickly going down hill. It started with relentless pointless tasks and pay cuts. The pay cuts were hidden under to commission structures that promised increases in pay, but actually led to at least a 20% decrease. It is becoming unbearable to work here considering how little we are getting payed, but being expected to do more and more while dealing with some of the worst customers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay cuts, customers, deceit, uppper management
Not Worth It
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 24, 2016
When I first started I loved my job. But things would change everyday, you were constantly being told that your job was on the line. I had a change in coworkers and became the only girl, and all of a sudden everything was my fault, I apparently didnt know my job, and I wasn't pulling my weight.

I was amidst planning my wedding which all my coworkers and upper management knew.
The week of my wedding I had to make an emergency trip to have tuxs tried on, I told my manager I'd be late getting back as I had to go 2.5 hrs away. I was then told I had been late multiple time's and that I needed to start caring about my job and other awful things. I told him that he and a coworker were making me feel awful. His response was that I should feel awful. (Only in different words)

I reported it to higher management and nothing has been done. He is still working for this company as is the coworker.

Definitely not worth the stress for the low pay and ridiculous commissions scale.
Best thing about working here, is clocking out...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2016
I worked for this company for almost two years. Management hires friends. Which means if management isn't doing their part as a manager, (i.e. people coming in late, extra long lunches, product theft my employees), and if you tried to go up the ladder to someone else, nothing happens. NOTHING. This company is the most inconsiderate of your time, and home life. For example, they love to have District meetings early in the morning, once a month, and usually your travel time to these meetings was an hour or more. Especially if you lived in Texas City, and was told to drive to the 43rd street location. You're always threatened with job security, and the pay is no where near worth the time and the effort that they ask of you. Everyone who is in a position to lead, from store managers all the way to the regional managers, really genuinely don't care. Some of them are perverts.
Pros
Clocking out.
Cons
Clocking in.
This was a great place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 27, 2016
The Job is Easy the Company has went through some structure changes which upper management has lost there minds. made management stay at work for 12hr daily until a goal for the district was hit. Management would not communicate with the sale consultant, just lower management and had to relay message to the sales cunsultants which holds the manager accountable for decision district manager had made
Pros
Great pay
Cons
culture of the company
Very Professional
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 11, 2016
Very great company to continue your career, they teach you so much and promote the way they feel they need to in order to have the best team. I highly recommend working for this company if working for a premium retailer is what you're looking for
Pros
Career and Success driven
Cons
haven't found any
Plenty of opportunity
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 22, 2016
- Sales driven in-store representative position, perfect for introduction into a sales career

- Learned great sales skills and techniques

- Management flexible with employees, understanding, willing to direct employees into most profitable situations

- Co workers were great to work with

- As long as your willing to learn and accept change, there was no hard part to the job
Pros
Flexibility, Advancement opportunities
Hands down worst job i have had.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 8, 2016
Upper Management is just terrible. They use a system called rebiz to monitor everything you do, if your numbers do not meet what they want they will let you go. keep in mind even if the location has no traffic they don't care. Stay away from this company if you can. very toxic place.
Pros
Cons
a lot!
A Wireless
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 6, 2016
not very employee friendly no work life balance work 6 days a week 80+ hours. Company does not treat it's employees well at all
Don't do it!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 12, 2016
Wast of time.
Region and District "leaders" are always on your back.
You could make good sales throughout the paid period, but as soon as you make a bad sale, they are on you real quick. Talking about write-ups and not being a team player, ect...

I'll just leave it like this. Next year they will have all new sale consultants and managers in all stores.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING
slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2016
Working here was a nightmare , you basically have no life. The management is horriable and very lazy. The pay is horriable you are better off working as a cashier at target and make the same pay. You work your butt off to meet sales goals but you never get appreciated. They demand so much and you get back so little.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Management
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 11, 2016
Managers Lead with Intimidation. Slam Customers with device the customers do not need. Clearly only care about themselves and not the customer. They cut your hours and give you horrible shifts if you dont agree with there way of selling or ripping off customer
Pros
Cons
Give Verizon and Sales people a bad name.
Too many bosses
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 29, 2015
Training department ran the company
Forced to participate in weekly training even if day off with no pay
Treat sales people and managers poorly
No inventory
Bulying by upper management
Pros
Lunch on Black Friday
Cons
compensation plan, advancement, lack of respect
Fun workplace offering many new opportunities.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, LAJuly 19, 2016
Working at A Wireless taught me many things about customer service and sales. I was given tools to help me reach my sales goals, and was compensated very fairly for reaching sales goals.
Great place to work! Great people to work for!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCMarch 9, 2016
I loved my job and the people i worked with and for. I had to relocate and wasn't able to transfer. The hours sometimes were long but the rewards were definitely worth it. I enjoyed being a part of the excitement with customers getting new cell phones. I didn't too much like having to deal with irate customers.
Culture Change
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2016
This company has changed a lot over the last 9 months. Hard to figure out now how to survive. Things change pretty rapidly. Every day it seems we have a new report to look at with new metrics we have to work on.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Communication between all areas of the company.
Poor Store Management
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2016
Managers are promoted for the wrong reasons. Just because your a good sales person does not mean your are a good manager.

Correction is done in a public forum rather than in private.

Favoritism is the word of the day.
Verizon Premium Retailer
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 25, 2016
I enjoy the people that I work with, Very team oriented company, lots of support from management and the other store leaders. An enjoyable sales environment.
Pros
Commission, bonus' and sales perks
Cons
long hours retail

2.7