A Wireless Employee Reviews

Not what they had told me
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Bluff, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Everything!
Typical day was slow. I did not learn much. They do not provide adequate systems to really be able to help customers with all of their concerns, questions, or problems with their wireless services and products. They do not train well at all. They basically throw you to the wolves to learn on your own. The accessories they sell are below par. They also resell use equipment that has been returned, at – more... full price!
My coworkers in store were great! I knew them from previous employment.
The hardest part of the job was not having the proper tools to help customers! Also, dealing with outside management, who did not care about you or your job, coming in and treating you with absolutely no respect. They would not help you or answer any questions!
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with. – less
Too many bosses
District Manager (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 29, 2015
Pros: Lunch on Black Friday
Cons: compensation plan, advancement, lack of respect
Training department ran the company
Forced to participate in weekly training even if day off with no pay
Treat sales people and managers poorly
No inventory
Bulying by upper management
Terrible pay...most of the higher ups have never sold
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Hartselle, ALMay 26, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: insurance terrible hours terrible pay terrible
Very low pay not worth all that you have to do manager played favorites most of the higher ups have never sold most of these places are in slow towns and they expect you to sell like a corporate environment
Managment doesnt know what they are doing.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), West Windsor, NJMarch 26, 2015
Small stores with little traffic. Managment knows less about plans and services than sales consultants do. Long hours with little compensation.
Regional Store Manager (Former Employee), Greenville NCMarch 7, 2015
Pros: family
Cons: hours
This was a family felt organization. Training was excellent along with co-workers. Traveled to different location. Management opportunities available.
Great workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 4, 2015
Active, productive and creative
Helpful, friendly and excellent customer service
Coach and train 16 sales consultant, two operational managers and a store manager
Help achieve company's goal (KPI)
review game plans with the team and set expectations
Awesome place to work in sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Camden, TNOctober 22, 2014
Pros: healthcare, commission
Cons: hourly pay
A Wireless Verizon is a great company to work for. The company allowed me to get to know each one of my customers and treat them like family. A Wireless taught me how to effectively work as a team in order to reach store quota. My co-workers are the best anyone could ever ask for. The hardest part of the job is when I spend hours with a customer who has a problem and the problem can't be resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely when I sell a customer a phone that he/she is thrilled to have.
Poor work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), VirginiaSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: you are selling an amazing product in verizon service
Cons: reduced commissions, treatement by upper management
Management constantly looked for ways to cut commissions while blatantly lying to sales team that new changes would allow for increase in commissions.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 15, 2014
It sucked. My manager was rude, hateful, and arrogant. I called HR on him several times and my district leader never did anything about it. I will never work for this company again.
Where do I start? Read my review if you're considering working here.
Sales (Former Employee), New York South Carolina Tennessee KentuckyAugust 4, 2014
Pros: see list
Cons: see list
A Wireless has severe growing pains a company that's basically buying up a bunch of dealers to form this organization. I am not going to give specific names, procedures, or exact details (start dates, current employee or not, departure dates, location, goals or numbers) to protect my identity but this is a general parameter I can work with. Now before reading all of this realize I have been in the – more... business several years and adapt to change well, this job is ideal for someone who has an additional bread winner in the residence because you simply cannot make it. I want to help anyone who is interested in working here.

CONS
*Compensation plan is changed regularly if not every 2 weeks... every month and these changes are dramatic

*You absolutely do not know what the next commission change will look like. Forget being able to budget your life.

*Upper management can be quite condescending and arrogant. They seem to forget the small guys on their sales floors are what is making that company money. Emails are not empowering.

*You will NOT be able to make decent money with this company unless you push out an unrealistic number of boxes every 2 weeks and work 6-7 days a week. When I say decent I mean above $43k

*Work life balance is god awful. 2 pay periods a month means 2 quotas. Be prepared for high stress and intense atmosphere until you get burned out and move on.

*You have to sell many accessories in order to make your goal. Easy enough right?... pricing is beyond higher than other retail outlets in many cases by $20+ Its not just a matter of selling a car charger and a case kind of deal. You literally will need to sell 4 or more items per phone at full retail price. There are always those few customers you don't have that success with and this penalizes you substantially in your compensation they essentially ding your commission.

*Employee discounts are near non existent, a customer can score a better deal than you can.

*Retail hours and working some holidays.

PROS
*Paid every 2 weeks commission and hourly

*Health benefits

*Advancement possibilities

*Quick response for any questions or problems

*Very structured inventory and reordering system

Run away from this company. You have to take care of your people. You can work 2/3 less as hard somewhere else and make the same amount of money. – less
Not Worth It
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Severna ParkJuly 14, 2014
Pros: 1 hour breaks, team members are welcoming
Cons: 7am sales meetings, frequent write ups, dress code, poor upper management
I worked for the company for 4 weeks before being let go due to my "cultural differences". My store manager would often yell and scream and it wasn't necessary. We're all adults. After consistent calls for help from the DM, I then decided to start looking for a better work environment. HR isn't too helpful, there's too many job contacts for issues that should be taken care of. Your commissions change – more... all the time and they WILL make sure you maximize their profits, and not your own. Managers are all cocky and believe that it's okay to raise their voices with vulnerable employees. If you do not sell your minimum box target you get written up (up to 3 times) then terminated. I missed it once and was terminated. Be aware of who you tell what to. THEY DO NOT PAY BASED ON EXPERIENCE! The only thing you'd enjoy is the one hour breaks if your store manager allows. If anyone works for this company, prepare to be treated like a slave for $1800 a month. It's NOT WORTH IT! ! – less
A good place to learn the fundamentals of wireless sales
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Princeton, WVMay 21, 2014
A typical day would consist of some minor operational duties (open cash drawer, perform serialized inventory, clean entrance of store) followed by a quick check of email and other forms of organizational communication. The majority of the work day centers around customers- resolving issues and discovering sales opportunities. I love my co-workers and direct management..
horrible place with a no show boss and weak support system
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Charleston WVMay 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on asseciores, free parking, mall discounts.
Cons: no breaks sometimes, no support system, hostile management, ever changing commision scale, no true leadership at store, faulty equipment to work with, favortism towards friends
I learned a lot from my experience at working at this mall kiosk. Mainly on how to depend on yourself and do not rely on any supervisor or coworkers. On the job at this location was horrid.
I gained a lot of self confidence while working here because i was the only one i could rely on. Adding service and programming phones are only made more erroneous due to faulty computers , inept customer service – more... and poor communication with management.You may also want to learn where every restroom and store in this massive mall is or be prepared to catch grief from customers who are convinced you are customer service.

A typical day at working at this kiosk located at the Charleston Town Center Mall, is like watching your soul being sucked out from you. Usually you get five to 10 emails daily changing everything from prices to promotions on a daily basis. Good luck on trying to keep up to date. The supervisor is usually in the dark or don't care at all unless he trying to pass the blame off on his subordinates. He rarely if ever shows up on time or at all. He seems more concerned about slandering his soon to be ex wife to customers and friends, than worrying about day to day operations of the store.He also seemed to be big pals with the sprint store manager across the floor and forced us to loan them equipment, even thought we forbidden to walk near that store to talk to customer walking by. His boss is an arrogant moron that only shows attention to his female new hires. So if you have a question be careful of contacting him or his boss. The boss once told me I was texting way too much and I was only asking for help. If you're lucky you may get a nice little reply stating not to bother them while they are off the clock, so be prepared to go at it alone.

As for co-workers, you are fair game. Unless you are part of the managers inner circle and share the same hangovers as they do or you're not the apple of their or desires, don't expect any favors and be prepared to lose commission unless you are assertive with your sales. I was told it was standard operating procedure that if I talked a customer into activation or upgrade and they had to come in another day when they had the funds , all they needed to do was mention your name and you got the commission.Total BS. I had several customers tell me they gave my name to the manager, only to find out that he credit it to one of his pals. So try to arrange your clients to be their when you are working. He also had his pals going through my personal belongings that were there. So much for a right to privacy!

There are many difficult aspects of working for this company in a kiosk. Customers think you are a direction booth and will not hesitate
to interrupt you with paying clientele to ask. No restrooms , thieves, being located in the top miserable city in America, yes look up Charleston WV, and the cherry on the cake, the ever changing commission scale. This is a train wreckage in motion. It always being altered and never for the better. You can get wrote up for selling too many iPhones. You must sale so many accessories
per phone aka APB or you can be docked your whole commission and then wrote up and fired. You find that after a customer has shelled out more than two or there hundred bucks how hard it is to talk them into a 30 dollar screen protector, but you better learn how.

The most enjoyable part of this job is providing customer who didn't think they could get Verizon with service. Verizon by far is the best in the nation and people should not let retailers like A Wireless Communications sour their opinion Verizon wireless. I am glad i had the honor and privilege of being associated with them even though through a company like A wireless – less
It is a sales job. Period
Sales and technical consultant (Current Employee), Gonzales, LAApril 1, 2014
Pros: clear pay and commission scale.
Cons: poor lower level management, high stress, pressure to meet quotas.
This is the epitome of sales job. Numbers, numbers, numbers. Work, work, work. It does not matter what is going on in your personal life if you aren't able to make the numbers we will try to find a way to let you go or transfer you. The pay is clear and concise, as is the commission structure. But it's not uncommon for a leader to offer more money if they find an applicant attractive or fits their mold better, even if they don't have experience. This company has a great upper level management, but the structure on a store to store basis leaves a lot to be desired.
Great experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MDJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: retail hours
Good company to work for. Lots of customer service experience.
owner and company will take advantage of you
store leader (Former Employee), south carolinaJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: none beside you will get to file a law suit
Cons: they will arrest you for no reason.
The owner and the company will take advantage of you. They will use you then they just fire everyone who is good and even arrest everyone for no reason. This company has more law suits than any other company in the world. They are true crooks and they get a kick out of getting suied and firing people. Stay far far away from this company dont even do business there at all.
They Dont Care
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Greensboro , NC N.ElmMay 13, 2013
Pros: can make good money
Cons: too many to write
I begin employment at A Wireless ready to give it my all and I did so I came into a store that was the lowest grossing store in the district , I put forth an effort to help change that , and it happened the Greensboro store was no longer on the bottom but ranking 3rd or 4th with high metric , as a sales consultant , I worked many pay periods averaging over a 100 hours per period , needless to say I – more... put up with a lot , from working the store alone open to close, to putting up with changed in the daily operations , you will be treated more as a servant than an employee , while the " store leader" sits at the desk you are required to clean , dust , oh dust accessories clean the windows even wipe down chairs .
I experienced down right humiliation and was talked to like a child by management, as far as selling I was the best sales consultant in the store and many times went beyond company goals , my final days there I needed time off for a religious event on a wed the " district leader showed up and basically said I see there is a lot going in your life and this is retail so we're gonna let you go turn in your key and looked back at her computer as if I was a person she never knew .
In opinion do not work there because THEY DONT CARE – less
Terrible Place to Work
sales consultant (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMarch 29, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I don't even know where to start with this company. After many workers brought shirts from stores they were forced to turn around and buy work shirts. 3 or 4 times a week we were forced to work open to close. District manager threatened workers after ending employment for not returning the shirts they HAD to buy. Pay was alright but not the best. I would never join this company again. The higher people in charge only cared about the money and not the workers.
I Love this job... It is fun to show up for work everyday
Store Manager (Current Employee), Timberlake/ Old Forest RD LynchburgMarch 26, 2013
I love this job, it provides a place where I make a difference. Both for the people that I manage, and for A Wireless. I learn something new everyday. Both from the people that I mange, and the people that manage me.
I love the feeling of a big sale, especially when the customer comes in the door and says.."I am just looking". It is wonderful to turn that situation into a sale. There is nothing more satisfying to learn about a new product (and learn what the features and benefits are) and having a customer say YES I will buy that product.
Because, of the nature of my profession I find it hard to put aside my job when I am off work. This is something I am getting better with overtime.
poor management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), lake mary, flFebruary 25, 2013
did not like this job at all. company was not professional
i learned how to screen future employers
hardest part of this job was dealing with unethical co workers
i did not enjoy much about this job