A Wireless Employee Reviews

Great work with rewarding benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 16, 2017
Working here has taught me sales and management. It was a fun atmosphere and allowed me to provide customers with better monthly prices on their Verizon bills as well as with the newest most up to date cell phone on the market!
fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 12, 2017
A typical work day at Verizon awireless can be stressful. a lot of quotas you need to meet and a lot of different people you interact with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is understanding the product you are selling and the most enjoyable part is putting a smile on the customers face.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
working holidays
Terrible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Management is not there to help. The culture is horrendous and the pay is absolutely terrible. This is not worth the stress or the money to work for this company. If you're not doing well or struggling management will let you sink and call you out saying you're doing a bad job to embarrass you instead of trying to help you fix it.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long hours, terrible management, no leadership, VERY LOW PAY
Fun place to work. Upbeat enviroment
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OH 44136December 15, 2016
This was a great job just my location was a little slow. Great people to work with. I would recommend this job n the mall location if you don't mind being a slower store.
I didnt like it
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 15, 2016
So in my personal opinion, there were many things wrong with it. The management wanted things done that could not be done just solely based off of where we are located. The manager at my store stinks like trash and is passive aggressive. He is a total push over. The employees here are the only good thing about it. You would think if you worked in sales and made commission you would not be getting paid simply 8.75 an hour and only making 600 semi-monthly.
Very Slow Due to Location
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Meridianville, ALOctober 27, 2016
For time i was employed there, the only day we were steady was one product launch day. Very Secretive. Very high turn over
Pros
discount on assessories
Cons
slow pace
No weekends off
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 17, 2016
I worked here very briefly, was told after I took the job that we weren't allowed to have Fridays or Saturdays off. Even if it was just a small shift, still weren't allowed to have those days off.
Pros
Cons
Low pay vs. all other competition, No weekends off
Great environment, great way to make good money
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  York, NEOctober 11, 2016
Great environment, great way to make good money, as with any company has its ups and downs, if your good at what you do, it's a great place to start.
Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  NcSeptember 25, 2016
They are terrible at remaining competitive as far as phone prices. Their commission structure seems to change every other month. They will force you to sale a tablet to every customer whether they want it or not. They do not care about their sales reps. The line of communication is terrible. They will not help you or back you on anything. Even if you make quota which I do the pay is still not worth it. You only get a small percentage of your individual total gross profit. Seriously Awireless since they got bought out is a horrible company to work for. It is simply a paycheck until you can move on to something else.
Sales Driven
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 18, 2016
Sales driven and expectations were set. Large company nationwide. Great benefits and career path is set and explained for growth. Would recommend

Want to know more about A Wireless?

Ask a question
Strictly a Form of a Paycheck
Former Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VASeptember 17, 2016
They do not follow the strict compliance of Verizon- it's all about the sale whether the customer needs it or not. This particular location has a rep that has been there so long he knows what customers to turn away so he can have the most sales. The commission structure changes, or should I say reduces without notification.
Pros
Manager leaves for inexcusable amounts of time with lots of customers in the store
Cons
Benefits are garbage, no time for a personal life, low pay
Worst company ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNSeptember 7, 2016
This has to be the WORST place of employment i have ever been in. Store managers are unwilling to help, constantly hound you about your sales, and get mad if u dont push the over prices accessories on the customers. Very dishonest with their customers and have since of what true customer service is. I wouldnt recommend this company for employment. Turn ovet rate it very higj and that should tell u something.
Pros
Getting out of theRe
Cons
NONE
Not a company to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New castle DelawareSeptember 6, 2016
Management was egotistical, staff was vindictive and the pay structure consistently changed depending on how sunny it was outside. The assistant manager was mpre of a manager than the actual manager who sat around and hovered over your shoulder all day. Company only cares about making sure the customer pays more than what they should and have you make as little as possible. This is a job for teens who still love with their parents, not actual adults. I would not recommend any one work for Awireless in New Castle Delaware.
Pros
Beautiful sunsets, local food
Cons
Poor management, sorry benefits
just read it
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJAugust 24, 2016
d.m. calls every time about the numbers and says how come you are not making her money . they act like they care about you but they dont and if you mess up on a sale to customer . plus the D.M. is really ghetto
Pros
learn from real vzw people once a month
Cons
the bosses
Dishonest and disgusting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 9, 2016
Just despicable people all around. 2 faced. I was fired because the AVP was reminded of a previous coworker by me. My DM had no idea they were firing me.
Pros
Cons
You will be asked to lose all faith in humanity.
Fun workplace offering many new opportunities.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, LAJuly 19, 2016
Working at A Wireless taught me many things about customer service and sales. I was given tools to help me reach my sales goals, and was compensated very fairly for reaching sales goals.
growth
manager (Former Employee) –  NC, SC, ALJune 28, 2016
Great opportunity to grow within the business, with big emphasis on developing leadership skills. Constant change and training.
This was a great place to work
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCJune 27, 2016
The Job is Easy the Company has went through some structure changes which upper management has lost there minds. made management stay at work for 12hr daily until a goal for the district was hit. Management would not communicate with the sale consultant, just lower management and had to relay message to the sales cunsultants which holds the manager accountable for decision district manager had made
Pros
Great pay
Cons
culture of the company
slave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJune 14, 2016
Working here was a nightmare , you basically have no life. The management is horriable and very lazy. The pay is horriable you are better off working as a cashier at target and make the same pay. You work your butt off to meet sales goals but you never get appreciated. They demand so much and you get back so little.
Pros
Cons
everything
Just dont do it. The pay is not worth everything they demand.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMay 25, 2016
I worked for this company for 2 and a half years, and I can honestly say the commission structure changed like 10 times, if not more. Since I started, we have done gone through 5 different district managers and in the past few months, we have had people walk out from left to right. If that doesn't tell you anything about the company, I don't know what does. To start, they demand that you sell a bundle of accessories with each device in order to maintain a high gross profit in accessories. And the bundle prices are ridiculous! Second, you have a quota in sales you have to do as well as accessories. If you aren't meeting your quotas, you get written up. The third time written up, you get terminated. There is no job security, they do not value their employees, they do not schedule you for a full 40 hours a week because they don't want you to possibly go over time, and if you do, management will deduct hours from you to make sure your paycheck is not over 40 hours. Oh! And they have a set up fee per transaction of $20 that we have to charge per customer. Supposedly it covers us transferring media from their old phone to their new phone, tech support, and phone setup. But honestly, it's just there to maximize their profit in my opinion. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Just save your time and don't seek a job at this place. And one last thing, when I first started, I made about 38000 the first year. If I would have stayed, at the rate I was going, for this year I would be expecting to make about 16000. I hope that tells you a lot about this place. No exaggeration.
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Employees are not valued, commission is always changing, hard to make money, no job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6