A Wireless Employee Reviews

Extreme Job Turnover
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 3, 2017
Employee turnover is ASTOUNDING at this company and managers are not properly trained and hire young people with no job ethics.Manager and Employee training needs to be more comprehensive and involved. Upper management needs to set guidelines.
a wireless
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2017
Overall the company was a good one to work for. Their is a great opportunity for advancement. Management is not great in this company. There is a ridiculous amount of micromanaging.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Sales driven business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NESeptember 1, 2017
Learned how to make myself a better leader and lead others. Very little work/life balance due to it being a sales driven company. Parts of management are great to work for. Hardest part of the job was no work/life balance.
Pros
Always working with newest technlogy
Cons
work/life balance
Fun fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 28, 2017
If you like a fast paced and always changing technological environment this is the place for you. The only thing I didngt agree with is how you get paid. Twice a month wasnt for me having 2 children..
Pros
Fun staff, energetic and eager customers
Cons
Paid twice a month, commission structrure
Not a bad entry level job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 11, 2017
Title says it all. If you're young, ambitious and talented, this a good place to gain some sales experience. There are also GREAT health benefits. Opportunity for advancement is there if you really can prove you know what youre doing. But, if you are not willing to commit to this company, you will find that there are other retailers/ carriers that pay better. Good Luck.
Pros
Commissions!
Cons
Not working for corporate so, sales can be a bit tougher due to customers not trusting you.
A Wireless Rocks!
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2017
A Wireless is a great place to work! The executive team actually cares about the employees and it shows through the benefits, pay structure, and perks that are offered to those who are part of the team. I have been with them for over 3 years! :)
Stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaAugust 1, 2017
Working here was a nightmare. Not only was there a huge change in staff (10 people left the company in a matter of 1yr) but bad management. No employee discounts on stuff we sell. Management is more of a micromanager than anything else. We have to shove tablets down customers throats and can't leave without insurance because if so you not only have to call the district manager but you also get written up. Un realistic expectations I don't recommend anyone to apply unless you like charging customers a fictitious fee every time they upgrade or set up service.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Micromanagement, poor training, no human factor.
Challenging and Exciting Workplace Environment
Sales Consultant/Customer Retention Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, GAJuly 20, 2017
Every day is a a new challenge-each customer interaction is unique with new things to learn. Great work opportunity as a sales-driven role and training to propel successful work environment.
You won't make money here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIJuly 1, 2017
Unless your in a high volume location its next to impossible to make the type of money that makes a sale job worth while even when you hit 150%+ of quota. The comp plan was changed 3 times in 6 months and each time was worse than the last. You dont make nearly enough money compared to the profit you are bringing in for the company. Upper management was spread thin and very inadequate training on all levels. Ended up getting a job with a different retailer and make 30% to 40% more in the same area.
Pros
Pretty relaxed and laid back environment
Cons
Comp plan is the worst I have ever seen in sales.
Store Manager Verizon Wireless (Former Employee) –  Moon, PAMay 30, 2017
I always like sales and teaching and this company let me. I would recommend working in this type of environment because it will show those that want to learn how to enjoy making money
Aggressive and Results Oriented Company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2017
In my 8 months with A Wireless, there were definite pros and cons. A Wireless is an extremely aggressive sales company with the desire to be #1 and never settle. While this mentality is great, it can appear to come at an expense of their people at times. The work life balance was difficult throughout my tenure because of constant stress and the "fear" for you job stemming from performance. Some of this may have been additional pressure on us (Diamond Wireless employees) after A Wireless bought us out in October. While high level performance and profitability is crucial for any organization's well being, employees need to have that sense of security and backing from the company to perform at their best, and at times, this was lacking. Even when you were performing well, you felt as if your job was on the line. In my 8 months with A Wireless, the company made multiple labor cuts and were consistently focusing on ways to trim labor, minimize certain positions, eliminate as many hours as possible to be as profitable as possible. Again, while for your bottom line, this makes sense, some of the moves put those working in the field in tough positions to manage (being understaffed, etc). The pay was very aggressive and rewarded top performers, which in my opinion, was spot on.
Excellent Leadership
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MidwestMay 26, 2017
The corporate support teams are excellent. The Training
Department, Loss Prevention Department, Human Resources and IT stand out. The field leadership also is great. They work endlessly to support the stores and employees.
Pros
Excellent training
In store awesome, upper management is awful
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheraw, SCMay 23, 2017
In the store, A Wireless is one of the best places to work. Our store manager was awesome, but the higher up's are liars. I was the top consultant for our location and district but was lied to several times when I asked about a raise. The district manager then lied about a specific situation that in turn led to my termination but the person that I am, called him out for being a liar. Its easy to get attached to customers and the compensation and benefits were awesome. Its just hard to work under a district manager who doesn't support his employees.
Amazing if you have a great work ethic.
Selling store managef (Current Employee) –  IAMay 21, 2017
A wireless is a very fair company, has integrity, great leadership and great pay. It can be the case that a store manger can fail the company and his employees. These individuals are dealt with quickly when the company is informed.

This is a commissioned based job. Amazingly you are paid over minimum wage as well. Great health care and other benefits.

This job requires you to work in a climate controlled environment where you connect with customers to find what their needs are. Then with honesty and integrity close on those items that fits that customer. You can easily see 200 customers a month. The goals you have to meet to just keep your job are easy to meet if you maintain the sales process and use the information taught to you. Never sell out of your own pocket, keep a positive attitude and stay consistent and you can make a lot of money for little effort.

Those that have bad reviews may have been placed in a bad situation where they had poor management. Most employees hate their jobs due to the manager not the company itself. As long as you are good at sales and don't expect something for nothing you can go far. If you fail but you tried your best and even had great leadership you may just not be a good fit for wireless sales.
Pros
Great pay, amazing leadership, benefits and easy work.
Cons
Should only pay people minimum wage and award with better commission to those who contribute.
Awful pay, but a great company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVMay 12, 2017
My only problem with A Wireless is that our pay is absolutely terrible. Barely minimum wage. If you don't make sales, you don't make money. The commission structure needs serious reform. I have a family to feed and can barely get by. Your location is everything. We have 3 stores within a 20 mile radius. So our store gets nothing but trickle down. This would be the perfect place to work, seriously, if we even made 3 more dollars an hour. Lets not forget about management playing favorites. But that'll be anywhere you go. Hours are decent, they just keep dropping them. I'm full time and might be lucky to get 35-36 hours a week.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay, commision structure, lack of hours
May 17, 2017

As with any sales role in any organization, you will find that your success will definitely depend on your ability to sell. We review our commission structure and are rolling out new incentives and contests to reward our top performers. Look to your manager to help find ways to market your location if you aren't receiving the traffic you desire. Pay rates are commensurate with market rates for similar roles in your area. Thanks for reviewing. We do value your opinions!

Very energetic and fun group of people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2017
I would recommend anyone who excels in sales to join this company! The sales commission is wonderful. However I would advise to avoid management as this company seems to be led by young inexperienced leaders.
Pros
Commission an bonus tiers
Cons
everyone is subject to relocation.
May 17, 2017

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad you had a great experience. We are working on ways to help train our Store Managers with our new Store Manager Workshops we are conducting throughout the nation. We hope this will address gaps in training that may have been missed in the past.

Typical work day
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 5, 2017
No major issues with the people I work with. Everyone is pretty much family. If I could change anything I would definitely change the way the pay is set up.
May 17, 2017

Thanks for your review! We are glad to see that you have a great network of peers within the company.

A Wireless
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clarkesville, GAApril 30, 2017
Typical sales job with quota's. Management is okay. It really depends on your store manager on if you enjoy the position or not. Sales isn't for everyone. This company is solid and you can make good money if you work hard at it.
Pros
Good Money and benefits
Cons
some of the store managers doesnt know how to train you to succeed.
May 18, 2017

Thanks for your insight! You are correct - you can make great money if you truly are great at sales. We have recognized our Store Managers need extra coaching, and recently kicked off Store Manager Workshops nationwide to arm our managers with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to take these back to their stores.

Can be a fun place to work with an open mind approch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 9, 2017
Company seems to provide little to no support so your experience will directly reflect on your immediate supervisor. Location greatly reflects commission.
Pros
fast pace sales envionment
Cons
fast pace sales envionment
April 10, 2017

As a Store Manager, I am not sure if you have been introduced to our new Store Manager Workshops that will be taking place throughout the nation this year. We recognize that our store leaders needed additional support so this is definitely one way we are giving you the tools you need to personally succeed and take charge of your own career. Thanks for your insight!

Crazy expectations
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 2, 2017
Good money to be made if in the right market with established leadership. Growth too fast for ill trained leadership to grow. Great compensation if in upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8