To provide differential diagnostic and therapeutic services by assessing and treating clients with central or peripheral disorders of speech and language in the following areas:
o Social-cognitive deficits
o High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders/PDD
o Early intervention speech and language delays
o Preschool speech and language delay
o Pragmatic/social language group therapy
o Receptive/expressive language development Auditory processing disorders
o Accent reduction
· Defines client's degree and type of speech, language, developmental delay, social-cognitive impairment by selecting and administering the most appropriate test instruments; interpreting diagnostic data; preparing written diagnostic reports.
· Facilitates client care by consulting with agency.
· Counsels clients and their families by informing them about available treatment options.
· Minimizes delays in diagnosis and/or therapeutic intervention by coordinating and prioritizing the patient caseload.
· Improves the function of patients with speech, language, voice and/or swallowing impairments by planning treatment; conducting remedial programs.
· Modifies therapy program by periodically re-evaluating therapy goals; determining progress.
· Minimizes communicative impairment by providing counseling to the parents of early intervention, preschool, pre-lingual child who is at risk for speech or language disorder on language stimulation and other home-based methods.
· Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
· Maintains legal and accreditation compliance by developing policy positions concerning federal, state, and local regulations, and jacho standards; anticipating emerging issues.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances speech pathology reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Master of Science Degree in Speech-Language Pathology/Communicative Disorders
Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology from the California State Medical Board. CFY's and RPE's Welcome!
Problem Solving, Physiological Knowledge, Verbal Communication, Listening, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Self-Development, People Skills, Professionalism
Our mission at "A Is For Apple" is to build confidence, communication, and a love for learning and to give our clients a solid foundation for a healthy and happy life. We are dedicated to helping young people discover their unique potential – socially and interpersonally.
Qualified candidates should apply now for immediate consideration.
- Medical Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Employer-matched 401k
- Annual Continuing Education Stipend
- Manageable Caseload Sizes
FULL SERVICE OFFICE
- Full time Office Manager
- Full time Human Resource Manager
- Insurance Department
- Internet-based Database
- Internet-based Payroll/401k Management
- Direct Deposit
Career Level Required Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Required Less than 1 Year
Education Required Master's Degree
Job Type Employee
Job Status Full Time