A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Accountant (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 11, 2017
Company is family owned which is a plus, the work/life balance is great. People are very friendly to work with.

Vacation/sick/pto time is not comparative to other companies.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
vacation time is not comparative to other companies
great place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MASeptember 4, 2017
overall great place to work warehousing part could use some more work and little more pay for working 6/7 days a week.need to look at contract for the 3pl part of business
Enjoy working there good people to work for
P&d truck driver (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 4, 2017
Good place to work long hours, off on weekends and holidays, paid well, you won't have a week day, work too late during the week, good management and dispatching
Working at A. Duie Pyle was and interesting experience.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was driving a forklift and picking orders. I learned to drive a forklift. While I got along with the managment for the most part, I feel like sometimes their decisions and way of handling certain situations were poor. As far as the culture goes, there were plenty of guys who were nice, talkative, helpful, experienced, and very interesting and diverse, while there were plenty of guys that I didn't not get along with and kind of kept to themselves except when they decided to be mean or unhelpful. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to pick and organize the orders. The most enjoyable part was talking and laughing with some of the workers.
Pros
Learned good skills and made okay money.
Cons
Long hours, tough work, poor conditions, and poor management.
Pyle is not a place for you
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
After working with Pyle for two months I can say that it is not a good place for a mechanic managers are lazy and I've seen some bad things in the work place but was let go over expressing my opinion

Pros - good work environment , decent pay,
Cons- management sucks, favoritism, and extremely long hours they demand because of the work loaf because you'll be picking up slack for some other lazy worker also cannot go union if you even breathe or mutter about it they fire you
Pros
Good work enviroment, decent pay
Cons
Cons- management sucks
Good company
Non CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJuly 14, 2017
I was a NON CDL driver given a 26ft box truck rental was told I would be getting same size truck with all the DUIE PYLE LOGO'S instead was given a 12 ft. if that big and was expected to carry just as much freight as the bigger truck I first had and that was a corp. decision my 2 supervisors were awesome people but those smaller trucks took a good job and made it not good at all I thought I had gotten the last job I would ever have I was wrong If you have a CDL you can make big money there I was making good money but every pallet had to be broken down its a young mans job but great co workers I miss it
Pros
great boss and coworkers
Cons
small non cdl trucks

Comment – August 8, 2017

If I could go back I would I really miss being there I had a lot of fun

n/a
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAJuly 14, 2017
typical work day consisted of forklift repairs and building repairs. my manager was very fair and wasn't affraid to jump in and get his hands dirty along side of us
A. Duie Pyle
Supervisor / Foreman (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 28, 2017
As foreman my job responsibility was to route 20+ drivers daily making sure I scheduled deliveries in a cost effective and efficient way. I was also responsible for managing dock members on the inbound shift.
Good Comradely of Workforce
Terminal Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 26, 2017
As a dock worker, once you have mastered how to operate a propane powered forklift this job might actually bring a smile to your face. All the freight that comes through the door at A. Duie Pyle becomes puzzle pieces. The various shapes and sizes mixed with hazmat material needs to be handled in meticulous manner.
Cons
Only second shift work available
Great Place For A Clique Crew
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work would include countless calls repeating the same thing over and over again. It's most of the time a brainless job, but when you start to get phone calls coming in that's when you start to receive problem solving phone calls and the phone calls that you'll have angry customers on.
I learned better ways of handling difficult customers and I grew a backbone. The management is really good here for the most part, however you will get a lot of, go ask this person or that person and you'll spend most of your time trying to find an answer and when you do you'll probably get an email saying, well why didn't you come to me to ask?
I believe the common term is 'too many chiefs'. The hardest part of the job for me was trying to learn the new ways of doing things, when after your initial training you aren't properly trained when you move up, you learn on the fly and most of the time it's not fast enough for the customers.
I loved problem solving. I loved getting those phone calls where I would have to find an answer. It broke up my day of just repeating myself over and over again. I was able to do other things.
However there isn't much room to move up if you are someone who likes to stick to themselves. If you don't fit in to the mold and you are one who likes to avoid drama and don't talk to those around you, you aren't allowed to move up or even receive a full time position.
Pros
Good for Problem Solvers, Healthcare, Good Pay
Cons
Bad for Loners, Repetitive, Too Many Chiefs
Terrible place to work!
Swap driver (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 4, 2017
You can make good money with this company but will not have time to enjoy it. This company treats it's employees as if they were company property not human beings. Not enough equipment not enough drivers they just want to squeeze every last minute out of every driver they have.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
No respect for the employees or their families employees are expected to live for the company
The job paid very little for the work.load given
Biller / customer service (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJJune 3, 2017
There is no room for growth. You can assure you aren't moving up in this job. I was there doing way over full time hours yet I was considered a part Time employee
Driver (Current Employee) –  CARTETETMay 27, 2017
Good place to work. Average benefits, over time after 45 hours. Management does not fallow suggestions and seniority .Survey is formality but they force you to do it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No time for family
Good Company to work for
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 17, 2017
I was employed for 7 years. I started as part time and eventually was offered full time. I advanced from billing to billing coordinator. I enjoyed my job and everyone I worked with. The owners knew most everyone by name and you didn't feel like just another number. They had company picnics throughout the year which was nice and an annual meeting to let you know how the company did for the year.
Pros
Benefits/pay
Cons
No first shift (at the time)
Would Recommend
Biller (Former Employee) –  York, PAMay 15, 2017
Management makes sure you understand all aspects of your job tasks before letting you work independently. Training takes between 2-3 weeks before standards are put in place for bills/shift. Competitive atmosphere with weekly bonuses available. Very laid back atmosphere where individuals are allowed to use mp3 players to listen to music while working.
Cons
tobacco free facility and grounds - no smoke breaks.
Allentown tank driver
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 12, 2017
Some days you make money some days you don't.When you wait you don't get paid ,you have to give an hour.The good thing manegment works with you if you want a day off.You have to work weekends.
something to do
Forklift driver, Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJMay 6, 2017
This job wasnt even that bad to work at it was just the supervisors who felt they could talk to you any type of way. There was no type of respect there
Family
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTMay 4, 2017
My job is always different things get busy some days and others its slow. but the one thing I love about the company is their love for family and their customers. Their company is a family business and they love to hire people in the family. The drivers are hard working people and the supervisors really care about their job. they challenge all of us. But the one thing they always try to achieve is that our customers are satisfied and the shipments are made. They encourage their workers to do their best and they give plenty of opportunities to their works to grow further with the company. They are good people and they are hard working people and that's all you can ask for when your starting off in the job world.
Interactive and training
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMay 2, 2017
Friendly environment
Teamwork
Diversity
On the job training and certification
Flexible schedule
Competitive compensation
Great benefits
Good Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 27, 2017
It was a great company to work for. I learned a lot with different ways and methods on how to properly load and unload trucks, even with my past years of experience. Management was good as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. DUIE PYLE, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7