A. DUIE PYLE, INC. Employee Reviews for Driver

See reviews about:
Good company
Non CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAJuly 14, 2017
I was a NON CDL driver given a 26ft box truck rental was told I would be getting same size truck with all the DUIE PYLE LOGO'S instead was given a 12 ft. if that big and was expected to carry just as much freight as the bigger truck I first had and that was a corp. decision my 2 supervisors were awesome people but those smaller trucks took a good job and made it not good at all I thought I had gotten the last job I would ever have I was wrong If you have a CDL you can make big money there I was making good money but every pallet had to be broken down its a young mans job but great co workers I miss it
Pros
great boss and coworkers
Cons
small non cdl trucks

Comment – August 8, 2017

If I could go back I would I really miss being there I had a lot of fun

Terrible place to work!
Swap driver (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 4, 2017
You can make good money with this company but will not have time to enjoy it. This company treats it's employees as if they were company property not human beings. Not enough equipment not enough drivers they just want to squeeze every last minute out of every driver they have.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
No respect for the employees or their families employees are expected to live for the company
Driver (Current Employee) –  CARTETETMay 27, 2017
Good place to work. Average benefits, over time after 45 hours. Management does not fallow suggestions and seniority .Survey is formality but they force you to do it.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No time for family
Great co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJMarch 25, 2017
Every day is different pay scale. Paid by mile and stop. While other people at company are paid hourly. Promises aren't kept and not run properly
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Lies lies lies high turn over
be warned of what you sign at orientation, it will bite within 90 days
driver (Former Employee) –  SyracuseMay 15, 2015
I was astonished at the lack of training and professionalism at the Syracuse terminal. Any one can make deliveries and pickups but you think that they would train you on Qualcomm, loading truck( cause at 930am they still aren't loaded) and don't expect a supervisor or dock worker to help you, even if you haven't been properly trained. If you were forturnate enough to have been in the freight business before, you'll be fine. If not run!!!!
Pros
Cons
organized confusion says it best
I loved this company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 30, 2013
One of the best trucking jobs i ever had. Plenty of work good medical and nice retirement.
Pros
all
Cons
just a few
Not All it Seems!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2013
Here at ADP your truck is never loaded properly. They double stack everything & fill it to the door. The driver has to figure out how to unstack it all without breaking his back. You get hurt here on a regular basis & nobody cares!! Don't expect to have a life other than your route.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management is out to get you for anything they can!
I guess if your desperate for a job?!?!
LTL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  ETNA, PAMay 15, 2013
Their policies are "do as I say not as I do" if they dont like you they will find reason to fire you. Management does not follow own policy and you cant do anything about it if you want to keep your job. It is very much like highschool and if your not in the click then you get all of the garbage handed to you. The length of your day is extremely long and then you can expect to work the dock when your done on the road! They will get as much out of youi as possible. They often suggest to not take your lunch to keep working and say they will put in your pay but then they casually forget. They need to be unionized so that their unfairness is stopped!!
Pros
Decent wage. Best bunch of drivers.
Cons
Management is out to get you so dont slip up!!
Don't work here if you want a life
LTL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Etna, PAMay 12, 2013
Great coworkers. Dont ever expect to request a day off because you wont get it and if you call off you just get disiplanry actions. Rules only apply to certian people others are exempt from having to follow them. There are many unsafe situations that you are put in and the work load is almost impossible. You will go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, also do not expect to get a lunch break but do expect to have it deducted from your pay every day.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Management, Dispatch and poor dock workers that crush everything and dont care how they load your truck
Sell Your Soul To The Devil @ Pyle & Be Burned In The End!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Etna, PAApril 13, 2013
Extremely LONG hours with NO lunch most days! Unrealistic expectations of deadlines & appointment times! Injuries are a daily occurrence, freight is DOUBLE & TRIPLE stacked! Instant retaliation by dispatch if you call in sick. Management will NOT work with you if asking to be in early or a day off! Put in unsafe situations frequently such as being told to go over GROSS by thousands of pounds that can include HAZARDOUS materials. Home deliveries with NO lift gate in 53' trailers, bill says "will have help" but when you arrive there is none & customer was never called about it. Great pay but Don't sell your soul because if your NOT in the "Good Ol Boys Club" you will soon realize that "Pyle Culture" is indeed just that " A CULT"
Pros
great crew of drivers in pgh, helpful in every way.
Cons
management is destroying the drivers in every way!

Want to know more about A. DUIE PYLE, INC.?

Ask a question
overall good place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  carteret njDecember 5, 2012
The way I look at it you make it what it is if you come to work to work they treat you well if you fool around all day then they take care of you accordingly the pay is well overtime is always there benefits are ok management tries but needs some improvement overall I am happy to work for duie
Pros
good retirement plan 401k excellent equipment
Cons
hard to get day off during busy season
horrible experiance
Driver (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHAugust 18, 2012
Dispatch was okay for the most part. Could have done without th"good 'ole boys club" in the office. Overall company views, they will use you,abuse you, then throw you away before your probation is up!