A. Duie Pyle

A. Duie Pyle Employer Reviews

Productive and fast paced work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: strong culture
Cons: short breaks
A. Duie Pyle is a very enjoyable place of employment with a strong corporate culture. The transportation industry is extremely fast paced with little down time. Over the past 18 months at Pyle, I have gained invaluable work experience that will ensure my success as I wish to start my career. There is not room for much job advancement at Pyle, which is why I am looking for other positions to start my career and work from the ground up. The management was always positive, but was not afraid to provide constructive criticism.
Management Too Young and Inexperienced. Pay too low.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Chester, PANovember 16, 2014
Pros: managers who are knowledgeable with the business.
Cons: low pay, favoritism, managers don't know how to manage people
I am a former employee who had seen unprecedented turnover of personnel..including me. The management in West Chester are knowledgeable but do not know how to handle people. I had seen situations where most of the workers would bust there behinds only for some be let go for trivial reasons such as putting a customer on hold or daring to argue with a manager if there was a difference of opinion. How is an employee who did a good job let go immediately without being given a second chance?

Another former collegue of mine told me she was never counciled about an error she made, was called into the managers office and let go. She said the manager was not sympathetic and even seemed pleased about letting her go.

Another issue is how hard the managers expected their workers work yet allowed a few "favorites" be allowed to walk around and visit others and then still I had noticed a group of people were constantly pulling their chairs together and have little fun pow wows. Managers never would tell "them" to get back to work. More favoritism.

It would be unfair for me to not point out some positives. Managers did have a lot of fun events for the employees and they also complimented when we did well.

As for pay, I know I worked very hard in my time there but the pay was surprisingly low. A job like CSR should receive at least $17 an hour. It is an unforgiving job and therefore the compensation should be higher. Again, turnover was high and low compensation was part of the reason.

Conclusion: Pyle needs more experienced management and to treat everyone fairly. Maybe pay should be based on performance. Then again I never had a review.

For me, leaving Pyle was hard but also the pressure on me was reduced. If you NEED a job, it's ok for awhile but keep a back up plan in your pocket.
great part time job
dock worker (Current Employee), altoonaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation for a part time position
Cons: hot in summer and cold in winter
Great part time job. They will work around your schedule. drivers are all great and management treat you fairly.
Horrible!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Jessup, MDJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good wage
Cons: they don't even let drivers to stop and go to bathroom
They will fire you over some small issue if they don't like you or you don't fit in with their crew!!! Make a bunch of promises they don't keep!!! If they tell you they are going to something get in writing because they will change their mind on you in a heartbeat!!! Don't adhere to their own policies! Micro manage drivers to the point that the company won't let drivers stop while out on the road to take a leak.
fast pace
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), East Brunswick, NJApril 3, 2014
Handling P&D, outbound, line haul and billing operations
Conduct interviews for new candidates along with job training requirements. OSD Department to ensure freight status, handling issues regarding accidents/injures and payroll.
DONT do it! you WILL regret it!
customer service (Current Employee), tonawandaMarch 1, 2014
Cons: everything
Tonawanda office is the pits! If you get a job here, you will feel as though you have been cursed! The office manager is very phony and she does not know how to do anything! If you ask her for help with something her response is "welllllllll how do you think you should do it??? Maybe you need to be re-trained" the rules dont apply to all, actually they make rules up as they go along and they change daily. It is an extremely negative job! Every call is a problem and reaching out to dispatchers and other depts is next to impossible. Bottom line... DONT get a job here you will be miserable! You WILL regret it!
Good place to work, respectful and caring supervisors.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Northborough, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: full time opportunities, employee diversity, flexibility.
Cons: the pay for part time positions is low.
Fast pace environment and excellent part time opportunities which can turn into full time jobs. Good supervisors and great team work.
Worst employer ever
Just a number (Former Employee), CTOctober 28, 2013
Cons: dont do it you will be sorry
Worst company ever to work for and listen when they say we do not have any layoffs here that means the will make you want to quit
Never had to get dirty
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 9, 2013
Pros: nice ppeople to work with
Cons: lunch was to short
Loading and unloading trucks.Good people to work with and the hardest part of the day was going home.
very good company to work for
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Northborough, MASeptember 12, 2013
go i do my job and go home noone is there to give u a hard time and there is very good teamwork
Not All it Seems!!
Driver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 16, 2013
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: management is out to get you for anything they can!
Here at ADP your truck is never loaded properly. They double stack everything & fill it to the door. The driver has to figure out how to unstack it all without breaking his back. You get hurt here on a regular basis & nobody cares!! Don't expect to have a life other than your route.
I GUESS IF YOUR DESPERATE FOR A JOB?!?!
LTL DRIVER (Current Employee), ETNA, PAMay 15, 2013
Pros: decent wage. best bunch of drivers.
Cons: management is out to get you so dont slip up!!
THEIR POLICIES ARE "DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO" IF THEY DONT LIKE YOU THEY WILL FIND REASON TO FIRE YOU. MANAGEMENT DOES NOT FOLLOW OWN POLICY AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JOB. IT IS VERY MUCH LIKE HIGHSCHOOL AND IF YOUR NOT IN THE CLICK THEN YOU GET ALL OF THE GARBAGE HANDED TO YOU. THE LENGTH OF YOUR DAY IS EXTREMELY LONG AND THEN YOU CAN EXPECT TO WORK THE DOCK WHEN YOUR DONE ON THE ROAD! THEY WILL GET AS MUCH OUT OF YOUI AS POSSIBLE. THEY OFTEN SUGGEST TO NOT TAKE YOUR LUNCH TO KEEP WORKING AND SAY THEY WILL PUT IN YOUR PAY BUT THEN THEY CASUALLY FORGET. THEY NEED TO BE UNIONIZED SO THAT THEIR UNFAIRNESS IS STOPPED!!
Save yourself and Do Not Take The Job
operations manager (Current Employee), New JerseyMay 4, 2013
Pros: managers curse at you when needed, its cool
Cons: you curse back with either facial expresions or verbal, you will regret it
The people that have posted good things about the company, were forced to do so or else they would lose their job. Do not believe the hype. Yes their are a bunch of snitches here, take it from a manager that hates it here but has to work. I have to keep everything a secret. Realistically, I am an informent for the drivers and not management. But they dont know that. So please DO NOT WORK HERE. You will hate it. For now its ok, but when upper management finds out that i'm on the driver team this branch in New Jersey will once again become very violant mentally.
Truck Driver/Forklift Operator
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Southington, CTApril 30, 2013
Truck Driver: Responsible for deliveries, pick ups.
Forklift Operator
Sell Your Soul To The Devil @ Pyle & Be Burned In The End!!!
Driver (Former Employee), Etna, PAApril 13, 2013
Pros: great crew of drivers in pgh, helpful in every way.
Cons: management is destroying the drivers in every way!
Extremely LONG hours with NO lunch most days! Unrealistic expectations of deadlines & appointment times! Injuries are a daily occurrence, freight is DOUBLE & TRIPLE stacked! Instant retaliation by dispatch if you call in sick. Management will NOT work with you if asking to be in early or a day off! Put in unsafe situations frequently such as being told to go over GROSS by thousands of pounds that can include HAZARDOUS materials. Home deliveries with NO lift gate in 53' trailers, bill says "will have help" but when you arrive there is none & customer was never called about it. Great pay but Don't sell your soul because if your NOT in the "Good Ol Boys Club" you will soon realize that "Pyle Culture" is indeed just that " A CULT"
What I learned...
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: vacation time for part time workers.
Cons: full time by the state is considered 35 hours + but at pyle its 40+.
I learned the logistics side of Transportation and all the work that has to go into picking up and delivering feight. Whether it is a box weighing 25lbs or a drum weighing 500lbs. In all it is a tough industry and I am glad to have contributed a little.
overall good place to work
driver (Current Employee), carteret njDecember 5, 2012
Pros: good retirement plan 401k excellent equipment
Cons: hard to get day off during busy season
The way I look at it you make it what it is if you come to work to work they treat you well if you fool around all day then they take care of you accordingly the pay is well overtime is always there benefits are ok management tries but needs some improvement overall I am happy to work for duie
very enjoyable place
Dock worker (Former Employee), Tonawanda, NYSeptember 30, 2012
learned alot , had a fantastic time .. management were awesome and performed great
You will regret it...
Ex-employee (Former Employee), West Chester, ParkesburgSeptember 21, 2012
Cons: bullies, incompetant leaders
The good ole boy club as someone else put it is perfect! They will make your life miserable if you are of another race. They will find reasons to fire you if they dont like you or if you dont become their lil snitch. And almost everyone has health issues from working here. Appendixes bursting, heart problems, you name it.People that were perfectly healthy going into this place are winding up deathly sick. You dont want to work there.

February 25, 2013

Can you or anyone give me the real deal on this company? I was offered job and really need feedback... Im with a good company now but pyle transport is offering a little better pay and better benefits. Please someone give me the low down on this company good or bar?

horrible experiance
Driver (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHAugust 18, 2012
Dispatch was okay for the most part. Could have done without th"good 'ole boys club" in the office. Overall company views, they will use you,abuse you, then throw you away before your probation is up!

About A. Duie Pyle

A. Duie Pyle has piled up a collection of transportation-related businesses. The company's services include less-than-truckload – Read more