A. Duie Pyle Employee Reviews in United States

Very poor
dock worker (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJApril 14, 2016
working for them at westampton was the worst. forklifts always broken down or equipment did not work. they tell you that there is room to advance and when you go to ask questions about advancing they ignore you. even asking up the chain of command doesn't work because human resources passes it to a recruiter and then they pass it along but the result is still the same you still get ignored and swept under the rug. stay away from this place.
Don't work here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJanuary 28, 2016
This is the most unorganized place I ever had the displeasure of working at. You get pulled in to many directions at one time and if you don't comply your not a team player.
If you can't committee to duie pyle lot stock and barrel don't work here because they want it all your life is duie plye.
And the benefits are a cruel joke
Great Learning Expeience
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MADecember 15, 2015
Working at A Duie Pyle was a great learning experience to learn how warehouses were ran, and learned how to drive forklifts. The hours were great along with the employee's.
*Real rating: 0 stars* Worst company I've ever worked for!!!
Inbound Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJDecember 9, 2015
*****Be cautious applying for this company***** This company is very unorganized. Management is super lazy and acts like they do work when all they do is walk around and run their mouths all day long. I started out part time and was offered a full time position a month later. They never put me in for health benefits so after working there for 6 months, I still had no insurance. I got hurt on the dock due to an insane amount of rain that flooded the dock (they make you work in the craziest conditions and don't pay you well enough to do so especially in the winter time. They have heat on the dock and never use it because they don't want to pay the heat bill so you have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars buying gear to keep you warm which doesn't even work because no matter what you put on, you still feel the cold) and I was out for a month due to it. They lied to the insurance company and said they had light duty for me so I was never given any workers' compensation for the time I was out. I took a month loss in pay and when I returned to work for "light duty", which the terminal manager told me I'd be doing, turned around and had me do full duty. I just had my first child that was born back in September, she was born pre mature and the day i was supposed to leave the hospital they called me NOT EVEN TO CONGRATULATE ME, but to ask me when would I return to work because they were "busy". When I returned that night, it was normal production as always. They had no sympathy for my situation with my daughter. If I could give this place 0 stars, trust me I would. They favor drivers  more... the most and don't care for anyone else in different departments. There's too much favoritism in that company. I rarely use this word, but I HATE A. Duie Pyle.  less
Pros
It was a 10 min walk from home
Cons
It's a great place to gain a solid foundation...but that's about it
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAOctober 21, 2015
They preach about setting one another up for success, yet do the opposite.

Any relevant concern is viewed as whining and complaining.

The lack of accountability is mind boggling.

Much like high school, unless you're in with the cool kids, you might as well not exist and definitely stay off the radar.

They claim to be a family oriented company, yet you almost have to beg to only work a 10 hour day.

There is no rhyme or reason to their process, yet nothing ever changes, no matter who's attention you bring it to.

In short, too much is never enough!
Pros
Great pay, good people
Cons
Overpriced subpar benefits, management, home life / work life balance, lack of accountability
overworked and underpaid
support staff (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 21, 2015
overworked and underpaid is the ongoing pattern
annual raises are never more than .025. business is growing but pay isn't. management needs to do more to help employees survive. we have stuck with the company through tough times, but there is no reward for doing so.
benefits
Cons
low pay
No employee development or advancement here
Customer service representative I (Former Employee) –  West chester, PAJune 5, 2015
I worked here in customer service for 2 years (part-time while finishing up my 4 year degree) and despite what they may tell you during the interview customer service is a dead end job at a dead end employer. At the corporate location in west Chester, which is where I worked, turn over is so high that we had annual meetings with management to discuss why people in non-driver positions constantly left. The people who quit had been there many years, worked in supervisory and managerial positions and left for better pay and more opportunities for growth.

If you're looking for a job while you finish up school, are coming back into the work force for a small pay check then definitely apply. $13 an hour isn't enough for what you have to put up with in a call center environment (call monitoring, being repeatedly cursed at, increasing work load with no raises, if raises are given they're arbitrary and are only 2.3%).

Save yourself a headache and hold out for another job. If you do decide to roll the dice and take a job there be aware that (1) there's a 90% chance you won't last a year (2) you can use them as a filler until you find something worth while
Pros
Some co-workers, paid vacation (1 week) for part-time employees
Cons
No advancement or opportunities for growth, favoritism among management, high turnover, getting rid of positions
be warned of what you sign at orientation, it will bite within 90 days
driver (Former Employee) –  SyracuseMay 15, 2015
I was astonished at the lack of training and professionalism at the Syracuse terminal. Any one can make deliveries and pickups but you think that they would train you on Qualcomm, loading truck( cause at 930am they still aren't loaded) and don't expect a supervisor or dock worker to help you, even if you haven't been properly trained. If you were forturnate enough to have been in the freight business before, you'll be fine. If not run!!!!
Pros
Cons
organized confusion says it best
N/a
Part Time Outbound Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAApril 29, 2015
I'm not allowed to share information about this company. The operation there can be easy and often complicated, it served its purpose while I was attending college full time.
An ok place to work.
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkesburg, PAApril 15, 2015
Not bad for a seasonal position. It's a good place to work. It pays the bills and other needs. It was close to where I lived.
Hard working Company to work for.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJMarch 15, 2015
Worked LTL and TL sales for Duie Pyle.
If you want to be trained to be a expert account executive, then you will get that training here. The upper management people will drill you to your brain will burst. You a constantly being trained. They want you to bleed, Duie Pyle way.. Management people are friendly in the beginning process, then they will cut your legs off, if you dont follow their rules of business. If you are old school sales and been in transportation sales, Don't join this company. You won't last long here. co-workers are good and helpful. The managers will give you a ton of paperwork and assignments. They will suck all the blood, out of you and spit you out, in the end.
Pros
company car, expenses, entertainment.
Cons
mirco mgmt, short term.
Death sentence for Supervisors
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 12, 2015
If you like working > 12 hrs a day as a salaried employee, zero work/life balance and supervising drivers who make more than you, this is the place for you!! I dont blame the drivers for making more than supervisors-because they earn EVERY penny of it because of the extremely demanding expectations. Company makes lots of $ due to using part-time dock workers, who have no benefits and the turnover is very high. LINEHAUL DRIVERS BEWARE!! They use as much outside carriers as possible to save money and you rarely get your designated run as promised.
Culture is one of hypocrisy. Dont beleive the hype. You are just a number here, or a piece of the machine, and will be replaced as soon as you question anything.
If you absolutely need a job, dont work here!
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
very poor management
line haul driver (Current Employee) –  paFebruary 23, 2015
Management will yell and scream at people or when you call they hang up on you. Central dispatch is run very poor. The money and benefits ain't too bad but alot of BS to put up with
Pros
healthcare
Cons
very poor management
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 6, 2015
A. Duie Pyle is a very enjoyable place of employment with a strong corporate culture. The transportation industry is extremely fast paced with little down time. Over the past 18 months at Pyle, I have gained invaluable work experience that will ensure my success as I wish to start my career. There is not room for much job advancement at Pyle, which is why I am looking for other positions to start my career and work from the ground up. The management was always positive, but was not afraid to provide constructive criticism.
Pros
strong culture
Cons
short breaks
Management Too Young and Inexperienced. Pay too low.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PANovember 16, 2014
I am a former employee who had seen unprecedented turnover of personnel..including me. The management in West Chester are knowledgeable but do not know how to handle people. I had seen situations where most of the workers would bust there behinds only for some be let go for trivial reasons such as putting a customer on hold or daring to argue with a manager if there was a difference of opinion. How is an employee who did a good job let go immediately without being given a second chance?

Another former collegue of mine told me she was never counciled about an error she made, was called into the managers office and let go. She said the manager was not sympathetic and even seemed pleased about letting her go.

Another issue is how hard the managers expected their workers work yet allowed a few "favorites" be allowed to walk around and visit others and then still I had noticed a group of people were constantly pulling their chairs together and have little fun pow wows. Managers never would tell "them" to get back to work. More favoritism.

It would be unfair for me to not point out some positives. Managers did have a lot of fun events for the employees and they also complimented when we did well.

As for pay, I know I worked very hard in my time there but the pay was surprisingly low. A job like CSR should receive at least $17 an hour. It is an unforgiving job and therefore the compensation should be higher. Again, turnover was high and low compensation was part of the reason.

Conclusion: Pyle needs more experienced management and to treat everyone fairly. Maybe pay should be
  more... based on performance. Then again I never had a review.

For me, leaving Pyle was hard but also the pressure on me was reduced. If you NEED a job, it's ok for awhile but keep a back up plan in your pocket.
Pros
managers who are knowledgeable with the business.
Cons
low pay, favoritism, managers don't know how to manage people
great part time job
dock worker (Current Employee) –  altoonaAugust 24, 2014
Great part time job. They will work around your schedule. drivers are all great and management treat you fairly.
Pros
excellent compensation for a part time position
Cons
hot in summer and cold in winter
Horrible!
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDJuly 12, 2014
They will fire you over some small issue if they don't like you or you don't fit in with their crew!!! Make a bunch of promises they don't keep!!! If they tell you they are going to something get in writing because they will change their mind on you in a heartbeat!!! Don't adhere to their own policies! Micro manage drivers to the point that the company won't let drivers stop while out on the road to take a leak.
Pros
good wage
Cons
they don't even let drivers to stop and go to bathroom
fast pace
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJApril 3, 2014
Handling P&D, outbound, line haul and billing operations
Conduct interviews for new candidates along with job training requirements. OSD Department to ensure freight status, handling issues regarding accidents/injures and payroll.
DONT do it! you WILL regret it!
customer service (Current Employee) –  tonawandaMarch 1, 2014
Tonawanda office is the pits! If you get a job here, you will feel as though you have been cursed! The office manager is very phony and she does not know how to do anything! If you ask her for help with something her response is "welllllllll how do you think you should do it??? Maybe you need to be re-trained" the rules dont apply to all, actually they make rules up as they go along and they change daily. It is an extremely negative job! Every call is a problem and reaching out to dispatchers and other depts is next to impossible. Bottom line... DONT get a job here you will be miserable! You WILL regret it!
Cons
everything
Good place to work, respectful and caring supervisors.
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Northborough, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Fast pace environment and excellent part time opportunities which can turn into full time jobs. Good supervisors and great team work.
Pros
full time opportunities, employee diversity, flexibility.
Cons
the pay for part time positions is low.

2.7