A. O. Smith Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent example of great career job
Welder, Machinist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 11, 2017
worked at this company for many years. Very good environment, excellent pay , continued training, good benefits, family environment since I worked with others for many years only left due to relocation of company and retirement
Pros
Interesting job
Cons
Great Pay- but work enviroment can be stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNJuly 8, 2017
Pay was good, However, nepotism makes it a difficult place to advance and makes a very easy job difficult. Keeping clear of typical office drama will help you last longer.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Nepotism
Pretty Good
Accounts Payable Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJune 27, 2017
Day to day a good company to work for its just the supervisor and some of the people i deal with I do not want to continue to work for.
Overall good people
A. O Smith Review
Process Worker/Machine Operator/Enamel Worker (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601June 25, 2017
I was with A.O Smith for 11 years. I liked my job most days. I left for the chance at bettering myself. It's a hard job but a good job. Hard work pays off there.
benefits
Cons
shortened hours depending on business needs
Great Company
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53223June 9, 2017
One of the best companies I worked for. The company provided an excellent work environment and the means to grow with the company. I had a great boss who took great interest in my career.
job and people are nice, management is lacking
Commercial Technical Support (Former Employee) –  tennesseeMay 18, 2017
the job itself is good. the coworkers, amazing. promotions are based on who you know and whos behind you are willing to kiss, not on hard work, knowledge, dedication, and time with the company.
also, the disparity in salaries is abhorrent for the same positions. new people off the street with no skill or history with the company start out making 10K more a year than those with experience, knowledge, and years with the company, even though competitive pay is a selling point for this job.
management does not know the products, nor can they answer basic questions with confidence. it is just disheartening.
Pros
work environment
Cons
lack of management skills, no advancement options, lousy pay
industrial factory
Fork Lift Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  McBee, SCApril 14, 2017
you will be moving constantly but all in all it is a good work place to be in they pay good now an they have excellent benefits once you get hired on an you get paid every week
Pros
all the overtime you want
Cons
short breaks
What have you done for me lately
Manager, Continuous Improvement (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2017
Minimal support from executive management to provide sufficient and knowledgeable resources that were required to achieve project goals and objectives. Not known for 'walking the talk". Employee morale was generally low due to job security concerns. The most difficult part of the job was assuring team members that they would not lose their employment if a process improvement eliminated a portion of their current position. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully completing the project.
Pros
Product quality and reputation
Cons
Senior management out of touch with subordinates
Family oriented
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNApril 2, 2017
Worked there for thirty four years starting when it was State Ind, when working in Service engineer ,manager in order to keep from getting in trouble made up lies to have me terminated, was also told I would receive severance package which I never received which was also planned ahead.
safe place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mc beeMarch 23, 2017
Safe place to work,friendly works and superior,I really like to job I am doing ,but I been here for 13mo I really need some benefits,an right now at this present time they not hiring
Pros
yeah
Cons
health care
Great company
Order Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashland City, TNFebruary 23, 2017
AO Smith is a great company to work for. I would highly recommend working for the company. I enjoyed the work and my senior coworkers were always helpful.
Sad these jobs are gone
Material Handler, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INFebruary 22, 2017
I can't describe a typical day as I had many different jobs and had the opportunity to advance into them which was fantastic. It was here I first learned how well I could work on my own and produce in volume! The workplace culture left a little to be desired though as people behaved in a manner that was more like high-school, something I'd rather forget. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers in the second-to-last position I held before our jobs were taken to China. I worked with some good people!
Pros
Great work/personal life ballance, opertunities for advancement
Cons
High-school work environment
My first real job
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Wonderful place to work, I enjoyed this job so much, I stayed for about 10 years reporting directly to my supervisor. My machine shop skills and training really paid off. The Company went thru a downsizing and I lost my job after 10 years.
Pros
Cons
Union Shop
Good palce to work
office (Current Employee) –  McBee, SCFebruary 1, 2017
This is a good place to work. They have a lot of internal issues to resolve. People are kept as temps for extreme amounts of time. Its a good place to work if you can get a permanent job.
productive
Team Leader/Utility (Current Employee) –  McBee, SCJanuary 17, 2017
Decent place to work,competitive pay. the hours are steady and the work is consistent. Management could be a little more hands on.
Great place to work, manager not so much.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 12, 2017
Job is easy, pay decent. It is a sewing circle so watch your back.Production manager is the worst!!! She will belittle you, talk down to you and I've seen her make some girls cry.I worked there 6 years and if it wasn't for HER I'd still be there.
Pros
easy work, decent money
Cons
manager had head problem
great place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McBee, SCJanuary 8, 2017
I just loved this job, to bad it was a temp job. we play and work at the same time. my supervisor was awesome. loved my co-workers. the job wasn't hard at all. I enjoyed going to work here.
Pros
free dinners
Cons
two breaks, good benefits
Large water heater manufacturing company
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ashland City TNJanuary 7, 2017
This company works in a corporate culture in a fast pace environment. Working with the employees is very rewarding. I love helping others and gives great rewards.
Pros
meeting new people and helping people
Cons
termination of employee is always hard
good place to work
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 1, 2016
a typical day consisted of some fabricating but mostly welding from where first shift had done all the fabricating or putting plates on coworkers were nice
Pros
laid back
Cons
cant think of any
A.O. Smith/Tower Automotive
Assembler/Welder (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53216November 28, 2016
Learning how to weld and the inspection of welding and procedures was a good experience of how a production line or system worked.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes could be a dangerous place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A. O. Smith Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

A. O. Smith Corporation Reviews by Location