Production Manager position open in A. Schulman's Worcester, MA plant.
The Production Manager organizes, staffs, and runs the Extrusion Department in a safe, orderly, and efficient manner. Through direct reports, the Shift Supervisors, the Production Manager ensures that extrusion orders are completed in a timely manner with products that meet all quality expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
1. Leads and directly supervises Shift Supervisors. Has indirect management responsibility for all Extrusion personnel.
2. Oversees selection, training, and assessment of extrusion personnel.
3. Works with Production Planning and Customer Service functions to ensure that the production schedule covers customer demands while making efficient use of Extrusion resources. Schedules extrusion staff.
4. Evaluates department performance on a daily and periodic basis to identify improvement opportunities. Organizes and actively participates in improvements.
5. Utilizes Extrusion staff to investigate process performance and quality issues as well as to implement corrective actions.
6. Collaborates with Technical staff to support process improvements, development trials, and the evaluation of new process technology. Desired Skills & Experience
BS in Engineering, Business or related field or AS plus 6 years experience in production management. Preferred: BS in Plastics, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering.
Minimum of 5 years experience as a supervisor in manufacturing. Relevant experience in twin screw compounding or other plastics processing industries is preferred.
Employee selection, development, evaluation, and performance management.
Production scheduling and resource allocation. Lean Manufacturing.
Process improvement. Root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
Basic PC skills including Windows, e-mail, MS Office (Word,Excel).
A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins, which are used as raw materials in a variety of markets. The Company's principal product lines consist of proprietary and custom-formulated engineered plastic compounds, color concentrates and additives that improve the appearance and performance of plastics in a number of specialized applications.
Technology centers in North America and Europe are devoted to new product development and color research. The Company's manufacturing facilities have their own product testing and quality control laboratories to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products to A. Schulman's global customer base.
Serving virtually every market in every corner of the world, A. Schulman's products have rapidly become the materials of choice. These markets range from diverse industrial and automotive equipment components to construction and home improvement products, film and packaging, medical, telecommunications, garden supplies, toys and more.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman employs approximately 3,000 people and has 30 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Mexico and the Asia-Pacific region. A. Schulman stock is quoted through the Nasdaq National Market System (Symbol: SHLM).