Senior Tax Analyst position located at the corporate headquarters in Fairlawn, Ohio.
Under the direction of the Manager of Tax Planning and Accounting, the Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for:
- Federal and State Tax Compliance including preparation of the US Federal Consolidated Income Tax Return and various state and local filings.
- Assist with ASC 740 computations including the preparation and review of domestic and global tax provision work papers
- Worldwide tax planning.
- Research and analysis on various tax topics and planning opportunities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the preparation of domestic and international portions of the consolidated US federal tax return including, but not limited to:
o Preparation of U.S. taxable income calculations and supporting work papers;
o Preparation of international sections of the US return including forms 5471, 8858, 1118 and related disclosures;
o Assist with gathering of E&P and taxes paid support from all foreign subsidiaries;
o Responsible for gaining an understanding of the tax compliance software and assisting with the coding and mapping of all charts and accounts and importing of trial balances;
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and year-end tax provision schedules for domestic, local country, and global schedules under the principals of ASC 740, including, but not limited to:
o Assist in review of foreign tax packages;
o Assist in preparation of worldwide FIN 48 workpapers including review of Fin 48 reporting packages;
o Assist in preparation of worldwide deferred tax calculation;
o Preparation of required footnotes and disclosures;
- Preparation of various state and local tax filings, including:
o State income and franchise tax returns, estimates and extension requests;
o Sales and use tax;
o Personal and real property tax;
- Assist in special projects as needed including but not limited to tax planning, foreign distribution planning, tax examinations, merger and acquisition due diligence and integration.
Note: Other duties and responsibilities performed as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s (4yr.) Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing and/or public accounting.
- Experience with Excel spreadsheet software
- Individual must be a “hands-on” professional with excellent organizational and communication skills
- CPA Required