A. O. Smith Corporation is a global leader applying innovative technology and energy-efficient solutions to products marketed worldwide. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment, offering a comprehensive product line featuring the best-known brands in North America and China.
Our Ashland City (near Nashville, TN) plant, built in 1961 with a 1000 employees and approximately $350 million in sales a year, is the largest water heater factory in the world. We believe in taking care of our customers, which is why A. O. Smith enjoys an outstanding reputation for excellence in all of the markets we serve. To remain a leader, we need innovative, enthusiastic men and women who can support our global growth strategy.
We are currently seeking a Quality Process Engineering Technician with manufacturing experience and the following qualifications:
Responsible for performing all Quality and Process related functions required.
- Leading quality and/or continuous Improvement projects or teams
- Auditing and reviews of quality and manufacturing processes
- Communicating effectively with upper management, department supervisors, engineers, etc.
- Able to Utilizing skills of Six Sigma, Statistics and Lean Manufacturing
Strong knowledge & application of quality processes, procedures and tools. (SPC, 6 Sigma, Statistics)
- Knowledge of ISO requirements
- Understanding of lean manufacturing processes
- Strong communication and leadership abilities
- Technical abilities and aptitude
- Quality, Technical and Continuous Improvement Manufacturing experience
- Able to achieve definitive goals and results
- Able to work in team work environment
- Strong computer software experience in Excel, PowerPoint , Word, Mini-tab
- Ability to present action plans and updates to top management.
- College graduate (engineering degree a plus) preferred
- At least 2 years manufacturing and quality
A.O. Smith is an EEOE.