A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

A.c moore was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 20, 2017
It was easy work , was stocking items into shelfs and and assisted lines when needed , and help customers show where the things they want are , great first job
fun paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJuly 20, 2017
everyday there was always new and exciting ways to learn to complete your job assignments. it was always fast paced and never boring by any means. always always always something to do to keep you busy.
A great place to learn and grow in the IT field
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJJuly 19, 2017
I learned so much from working here. They had a lot of smart guys that all left at the same time, but i had the pleasure of working with them before they left. I am very grateful for the knowledge I have gained from working at this company.
No one cares for people
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 16, 2017
People are rude and don't care for you as long as you don't get out of hand then things can be fine. However, some people are nice but management is really bad. They cannot communicate with anyone and they get on people for the dumbest reasons. I do a lot of work but don't get any props for anything.
Cons
Some friendly people
Typical retail workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJJuly 16, 2017
Lack of leadership from the corporate level down to the store level. Culture not conducive to acknowledging associate input. Management did not support the employee when said employee was implementing corporate policy.
AC.Moore
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJJuly 14, 2017
I worked in the distribution warehouse, typical days were long, and super busy. Which was decent, but the pay wasn't living up to the work load and time put in. However, I did learn a lot, such as riding on different jacks, as well as a cherry picker (stock picker) and a Reach Truck.
very organized and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 13, 2017
You come in ,clock in,Start your section,organizing merchandise and making sure it looks clean. The management gathers you for a meeting before they open up the doors, then your day starts with helping customers, with ideas for a project, tools needed, and for listening to customers chat about there day or activity plans.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Cons
constrant organizing so make sure you like organizing
Great co workers and you meet alot of great people on the way.
Front end specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 11, 2017
Fast pace and very competitive with hours... A lot of favoritism which is sad. I enjoyed meeting new people but managment was lacking a lot of professionalism.
Pros
Co workers are great.
Cons
Short breaks, pay, managment.
Great Atmosphere, Great Co-workers
Associate (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work at, not just because I'm a crafty person, but just the attitude of the people I work with and the great experience they make for me there. The customers will be customers. Management is kind and friendly, but authoritative when they need to be. Not scary in the slightest. Quite an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
small store, good teammates
Cons
constantly busy, slightly more than a few cranky people (not just the kids)
Underpaid and Underwhelmed
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 10, 2017
There is no structure with this company, no training structure at all.
You are not given instructions and expected to learn on the job, and since there are no standards in place all management has their own ideas on how your job should be done. Management is unwelcoming and assumes that you are doing your job incorrectly and will get angry with no provocation.
There is no recognition system for a job well done.
Employees are paid just above minimum wage, with minimal increases for management. I made more as a restaurant supervisor at 18 then in this location.
Pros
discount on craft supplies, but could just use a coupon
Cons
no training, no opportunity for advancement, favoritism
Great co-workers, but that is about it
Floral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bailey's Crossroads, VAJuly 9, 2017
I was a Floral Specialist within AC Moore and eventually became a part-time Framing Specialist as well. The work involved with the Floral duties were very creative and enjoyable. The problems were that they did not treat workers with integrity and did not care to keep them for the future. Raises are abysmal and advancement usually comes without a pay raise. They shuffle you onto duties that are not within your job title or description. Couple this with not enough hours for the demand of your customers left me drained, frustrated, and with little hope. Management I could not tell if they had their hands tied by corporate or did not care enough to try and fix problems.
good people in a frequently frustrating and far underpaid field
Part-time Sales associate/ Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 4, 2017
i worked here for quite a while and generally enjoyed my time there. the compensation was not nearly competitive, and hours were very hard to come by. Very few full timers, and I was never offered a fair opportunity for advancement.
Pros
nice people, engaging environment for artistically inclined people
Cons
low pay, few hours, little to no chance for advancement
not a good place too work under current management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAJuly 1, 2017
Under the current management group this is not a good place to be it use to be a good place to work but now they try to squeeze every last thing they can out of all aspects of the team.
Pros
Cons
long hours much stress
Fast paced environment with great coworkers
Custom Framing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 30, 2017
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store ad assisting customers - either at the register or on the sales floor but likely both. I've learned a lot of great job skills here and this is my first job so I think it's been a great experience for me. I will say that the skills are geared more towards people who enjoy crafts or working with their hands but that's been great for me. There are some drawbacks with the workplace culture. For the most part everyone gets along but there are some cliques throughout our staff and I've never felt excluded but some of my coworkers have. The hardest part of my job is the payroll. I am unaffected because I work full time but I have little time to train other staff members in my department because of a current and ongoing payroll situation. The people I need to train are never there when I am which I believe is inefficient. The most enjoyable parts of my job are my coworkers whom I get along with and the amazing people I get to run into sometimes. I meet all kinds of people and it's really rewarding to have a chance to look at the things they value when they bring them into my framing department.
As for management, there's some disconnect, but I think the entire managerial system is setup to run efficiently.
Pros
new and exciting crafts and a chance to help brighten people's day
Cons
workplace cliques and compensation
Good place to work but no set work hours
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAJune 28, 2017
Management changes often. No security in terms of guaranteed hours of work. Salary is minimum wage but the work is not difficult. You must stand for your whole shift.
Not to give up my time for he company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 23, 2017
I have worked for this company for many years and have given up a lot of my personal time to get the job done. Payroll is bad not enough to get the job done.
Workers be damned
Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 22, 2017
At the end of the day, A.C. Moore doesn't really care about it employees. The hours drop dramatically to the point where the store barely functions but the workload doesn't go down. Sometimes, it even increases.
The manager was great & staff
Cashier (Seasonal Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2017
The manager's are serious minded. Just trying I think to keep the store manageable.
Another great place to work.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Apply you will love it
Cons
Manager promoted very slow.
The hardest part of the job...
Stock and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 19, 2017
The hardest part of the job is keeping everything in order. Customers move small items around and leave them all over the store. A lot of organizing.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not enough hours.
Asst. Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 14, 2017
Excellent place to work. Enjoyed working with the public, & all the other employees. This was a fun, and rewarding job. In hopes they'll open a store in Southern California.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A.C. Moore. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8