A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Employer Reviews

great place
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Orange, CTSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: full time 1st 2nd and 3rd shift
Cons: you cannot call out rain, sleet, hail!
very busy job, no time for slacking! or sleeping! very neat facility to work in.
customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Manalapan, NJJuly 30, 2014
cashier/ customer service representative, daily maintenance
It's not a bad place to work especially if you enjoy arts and crafts.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Altoona, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: get free lunches during certain events, fifteen and thirty minute breaks depending on your shift, 20% off employee discount on entire perchase
Cons: not having a register in the back of the store for breaks, healthcare too expensive
A typical day at work would be getting counted on a register and if needed ring on register, if not needed would do returns that were left at the registers or straighten the store. Sometimes would put out stock when needed. I learned how to ring out register considering it was my first job. I also learned how to work in a retail store. Management are – more... fairly nice and easy going, but also can be very strict. The co-workers some are great to work with and can be very friendly, while others can be mean and be distant to work with no matter how nice you are to them. Some of the newer employees can be a bit difficult to work with. But also quite enjoyable to work with also as long as they do their jobs. The hardest part of the job was some of the employees to work with and the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in an arts and craft store, especially since I enjoy drawing. – less
crafting was more than a hobby hear.
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJune 16, 2014
Pros: great bunch of people to work with
Cons: working retail, having to work holidays and swing shift.
I loved this job, the staff was friendly and supportive. The customers were fun to work with. New products and ideas were used weekly.

The management was easy to talk with and problems were handled quickly and effectively.
Fun workplace with arts and crafts
Sales associate (Former Employee), Glendale, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: demos
Cons: short breaks
AC Moore is a fun place to work at where there is so many ideas of arts and crafts to make for birthdays, special occasions and more
Great place for job seekers looking for less than 30 hours a week at around minimum wage
Store associate (Current Employee), Orange, CTMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great as a second or third job
Cons: no full time positions.no career advancement program .
Most days are busy with many assigned task .Acmoore is under staffed with more hours needed as well.
Colorful world of crafts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stroudsburg, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: discount of 20%, craft ideas, in store demos
Cons: sexist promotions, failing business
Typical day starts off with cleaning the entire store followed by taking out the trash. Then you will have your department supervisor tell you what to do after they have been told what to do even if all ready know what to do. Then you will do it to the specifications of the department supervisor of your division only to be told that it is wrong by the – more... Regional/General manager. Fixing the problem you were ordered to do only to have your department supervisor tell you "You are taking too long".

I have learned that the title "supervisor" has nothing to do with what they know, but who they know.

The hardest part of the job is watching only female coworkers being promoted and seeing the assistant manager being the only reasonable one. – less
Productive fun workplace
Custom Framing Specialist (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: low hours
While working at A.C. Moore there was always a project to work on or a customer to help. The company was always coming up with new crafts to create or yummy chocolate snacks to bake. My typical day would start in the Custom Framing Center where I would check the inventory of out of stock mouldings and mats, call customers whose orders arrived and check – more... the incoming artwork. In between these duties I would assist customers not only in the framing department but around the store. I have a vast amount of knowledge on store products and have purchased many of them which made my customer service a positive experience. My co-workers were always easy to get along with and helpful when assistance was needed. The management our store provided was very comforting and positive. Everyone did their best and would strive to do more and make those around them just as comfortable. – less
Very fun, and very laid back. The BEST TEAM is in Concord, NC
Logistics Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 23, 2014
Great place to work for us art freaks. A company that loves to hire from within.
enjoyed feild of work and people working with...did not like pay scale
FLORAL DEPT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLMarch 23, 2014
design, merchandise displays, inventore, cycle counts, customer service, backup on register.
i enjoyed being busy for my full shift. hardest things was pay scale and only being part time.
Great place to work, friendly work environment, great managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Linden, NJMarch 13, 2014
A.C. Moore is a great company to work for. It has a friendly atmospere, well-organized, well-managed.
A.C Moore
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 12, 2014
While working at A.C Moore I have come in contact with many types of people. Working at customer service I have learned how to deal with many types of customers weather the are happy or disappointed with the service that we have provided at A.C Moore. I have learned working as a team is a lot better then working alone on a big project is better. Many – more... heads are better than one. The hardest part of my job was to see the customers come back to the store with a problem with one of the products or services we had provided for them. The best part of my job was seeing the customer leave with a smile on their face and happy with what they had brought. – less
Great workplace for those in high school
Sales Associate/ Front-End Specialist (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discounts on art supplies
Cons: short breaks, physically demanding, dirty bathrooms, poor training
AC Moore is definitely a place for someone who is in high school looking to earn a little cash. It is a great first job. However, unless you are a manager, this job is not very rewarding. When I worked here, the registers were not very updated and caused many problems. Like many retail jobs, you work very hard for very little pay.
Crafter's Heaven
Front End Specialist (Current Employee), South Portland, MEFebruary 28, 2014
Once a customer so overjoyed by her purchases, exclaimed to me that "we" were the "Mother-ship of Happiness". If I had to judge by the amount of repeat customers, then I would have to agree.
It is a place of consistency of product and the customers want to know their favorite yarn or craft paper is still available.
Any given day that I work there, I – more... am asked where a product is located and I can 98% of the time give them accurate directions to the item or walk them to the product and place it in their hands. I give out any advise that I know about the product and answer questions to the best of my ability, which is what all the associates strive to do. If we don't know the answer, we ask a manager or an associate that can answer it. It is all about the customer's experience not the employees life. Sometimes management needs to remind the cashiers to leave your life at the door, as we try not to talk too much to each other when on register but it can be hard not to share your ideas or new project. we can stay focused on the customers giving quality customer care and service. And we encourage everyone to sign up for rewards cards because there is nothing better than getting money to spend in the store by spending money at the store. – less
art fun house
Framing Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 26, 2014
very art like place to work
staff was great to be around fun to work with
Custom Framing Position
Custom Picture Framer (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: management, friendly staff, flexible work schedule, great discounts on art supplies and framing.
Cons: small work space, mediocre pay
The A.C. Moore in Wilton NY did more to restore my faith in retail than any other job I've ever had. The people and management were always looking out for me and my staff and always had our backs.

The management in particular was amazing. Rather than just barking orders at us that came from above they would always take our input into consideration – more... so it was more of a push and give relationship with corporate than dictations. With that kind of work environment me and my good friend took that custom framing location from middle of the pack to number one in the whole company. After seeing results corporate allowed us to purchase things we needed for the shop and sales continued to grow.

If A.C. Moore could afford to pay me a living wage I would still be there today, no joke. – less
glad i left
Merchandising (Former Employee), Mechanicsville, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: met amazing people
Cons: district manger
to watch your store manager, & operations manager on a daily basis search the web via their personal phone is dishearting
MOD
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Broomall, PAFebruary 2, 2014
Very busy
Manager is a jerk
don't really get a break
no raises
never work in retail again
Most brutal retail environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Cons: very abusive environment
Harsh tratment by upper mangement and 50-60hours was required as a minimium
No concern for workers or product quality
Framer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, hours, benefits
Company consistently decreases benefits, workers and hours. Expected high production without adequate workers. Pays minimum pay possible. Mismanaged and unorganized.

1 2 3

About A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As – Read more