A.C. Moore

A.C. Moore Employee Reviews

Please do yourself a favor and do plenty of research on this company before becoming an employee.
Corporate support (Former Employee), Multiple locationsJuly 31, 2015
Pros: There are some great people in the rank and file of the company.
Cons: Lots of turnover.
I won't go into any real detail other than to encourage any potential employees to do a lot of research on this company before deciding to work for them.
boring job
Store Representative (Former Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: 2 paid 15 min breaks, 35% discount
Cons: managment, low pay
Your normal retail experience. You work, and go home after stocking. Its the ideal place for an older employee, or a house wife. Theres nothing special about it. i personally disliked my manager, and felt the Assistant Manager should have been general manager. i hated the counters, to small to actually put something on. The store was chaotic, it almost seemed no one cared enough to keep it organized. i was initially excited about this place, im a creative person, but they dont actually let you be creative at all.
Fun retail environment - overworked as Salaried Management
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), RockvilleJune 29, 2015
Pros: 401k Dental Medical PTO
Retail Management - Keep Accurate store counts, presentations, and keep customers happy
Work load can be stressful by Q4 but is a pretty decent job for the pay.
The people are awesome and the work environment is wonderful!
Custom Frame Designer (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Awesome people, Lovely environment, always appreciates their employees
Cons: Corporate couldn't make up their minds with new rules, store closing
I love working here. The management team is amazing and they will do anything in their power to help you when you ask. All of my co-workers are like family and they are the best hardworking team I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
Great management, fun environment
Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, MEJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great discount
Cons: Pay
A typical shift was being on register, cleaning in between customers, answering phone calls, and helping customers.

I learned excellent customer service.

Management was awesome. I had a full time retail job, that did not allow me to have a set schedule at the time. Management was always willing to work around my first job to give me hours. She would also show her concern when she thought I was over-worked.

Hardest part of the job was not trying to buy out the store.

Most enjoyable part was learning new crafts.
FUN JOB IF YOU HAVE NO FAMILY AND DONT WANT A LIFE
floral designer (Current Employee), mdJune 10, 2015
Pros: 205discount
Cons: unfair work ethics no benifits
job ok if you don't want a future. no respect no benefits. thrive on causing hardships for employees. separates families. Management sucks
Cashier (Current Employee), Dedham, MAMay 23, 2015
They don't give us many hours. My coworkers are fine, but management could use some improvements. It's not the worst place I've worked, though.
Enjoyable and Fast Paced
FLORAL DESIGNER (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEMay 11, 2015
My overall experience with A.C. Moore was enjoyable, because each day was different. I was responsible for quickly designing floral arrangements for the store and customers, under specific budgets, which made the job challenging but exciting. The company was disorganized at times, but I enjoyed the creative freedom that I had when working for A.C. Moore.
The best job I've ever had
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 2, 2015
I was the front end supervisor for a while. I made sure all the cashiers had everything they needed and understood their jobs. I took care of the angry customers and handled returns. Certain aspects of the job can be difficult, but whenever there was an issue, the managers addressed it in a professional manner. Everyone worked as a team and made coming into work enjoyable. A.C. Moore is a job I would highly recommend to anyone.
Fun, productive work place with friendly employees
Associate (Current Employee), Blasdell, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, Fun and friendly environment, Fair lunch breaks, Light work
Cons: N/A
For myself, a typical day at work primarily involves customer interaction and service at the cash registers, but also on the sales floor. I assist customers in finding what they need, and also giving suggestions if there is an easier way to accomplish a project that the customer is working on. I give my own personal experience and preferences if they are topic related, which helps the customers more because they understand that I can relate to what they are doing, especially if the craft/project is a new experience for them. Management and the co-workers are phenomenal! They are so friendly and very personable, and make the job so much more enjoyable! There is truly no "hardest part" of the job, because everything is so much fun!
Awesome place to learn how to multi task
Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee), Concord, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: All of the friends I have made in my nearly eight years.
Cons: Not much room for advancement
All of my greatest skills were perfected at this place. Working retail has given me the opportunity to demonstrate my verbal communication skills, my professional demeanor, my customer service skills and my ability to work under pressure.
customers/ store duties
Cashier - Stockperson (Former Employee), waldorf, mdMarch 31, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: none
my typical day at work i would come in and take customers on the register, or i would check the store to make sure everything was in stock and clean. the hardest part of the job would have to be working with rude customers. you just have to always remember the customer comes first. great experience though
Alright.
Team member cashier/retail (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: pricing was usually messed up leading to needing help which could take forever to get.
This job was simple, you go in work on register or you stock. While you work you have to run back and forth between customers, other then that you clean and take care of your own trash when you leave. The pay is alright and you can advance if your there long enough, but its seasonal too so there's a chance you could lose the job. Management isn't bad but they could stand to just work harder on pricing in the store. Other then that its not bad.
AC Moore
Logistic Supervisor (Former Employee), Linden, NJMarch 2, 2015
AC Moore's main goal is good customer service. They would tell the employees to treat the costumers better than you would want to be treated
A.C. Moore is a fun and a productive place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Watchung, NJFebruary 17, 2015
A.C. Moore is a fun and lovable place to work. I feel everyone is like family and we get along .Management is also great they are always there if you need help or just some one to talk too.
Good workplace with good people.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discount
Cons: no benefits, little opportunities
A typical day of work will involve primarily being up at register as a cashier and communicating with customers and other employees. Occasionally, I will take out the trash, clean up items in the aisles, and organize the stock room by lifting boxes. I learned how to communicate with others and relate to them. Management was okay. The managers were really nice and compatible with my schedule, but they struggled with being organized and they struggled with allocating hours to other employees. My co-workers were really good to work with and were very friendly and good with other customers. The hardest part of my job was being on register on very slow days and just being stuck there. My favorite part of my job was when I went in the stock room to organize it. I enjoyed lifting boxes and lifting things around.
Corporate has cut hours and I can't afford to live on my pay.
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: we got a couple of free meals.
Cons: no time or help to get what we need done because of hour cuts.
Every time I turn around corporate is changing things and not for the better. They do not treat their employees with decency. They have no regard for our making a living . The Workers are great and the work is nice
Ungrateful, rude mgrs. Your best was never enough. Unhappy co-workers.
Sales Assoc. (Former Employee), Montgomeryville, PADecember 27, 2014
Pros: nice store/diverse, good inventory
Cons: poor mgrs, poor training, no appreciation!
Management the worst!!! About 5% of employees actually DIDN'T complain! The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out!
Lots of unpacking boxes
Temporary Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 24, 2014
Pros: worked overnight with a small crew
Cons: it was only a temporary position
Moved and/or set up shelving. Moved merchandise from one area to another. Unboxed merchandise. This was a temporary position for a major renovation of the store.
A day in retail,,,
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Mechanicsburg, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: great leader and sales driven
Cons: relocation from pa
I was hired on at AC Moore in high school as a first job, and fastly moved up the ladder into supervisor and management positions. I now help run the store at the # 82 store location in PA. I am ready and willing to train and learn new culture for future retail opportunities.
Headquarters