A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

A sinking ship...
Management (Former Employee) –  Oneonta NYFebruary 12, 2014
Within my first two weeks of employment it was obvious that this facility had been poorly managed for many years. Leadership has become complacent and lacks vision. Nursing care ranges from excellent at times to poor, lacks consistency, poor attitudes, and stems from the top to the bottom. Our community deserves better!!!
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
poor leadership, no vision, and lack the ability to serve local community with true sincerity
positive and clean enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 14, 2014
Its relaxing to help the elderly and its a peaceful environment
I learned how to work with others in all types of situations
Management is very organize
My co-worker are quite friendly and helpful
The hardest part about working with elderly that's is forgetful
The most enjoyable part of my job is being around the elderly
Very great work place
Systems Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 10, 2013
Very enjoyable place to work. Had a great time with the 2 systems administrators there. Learned a lot about server management as well as some cool tips about Active Directory and other Server features.
Cons
low budget, low purchasing ability, low chance to upgrade to up-to-date systems
Learning experience that has prepared me for a job in the medical field.
Trainiee (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 5, 2012
Throughout my clinal experience at Fox Hospital and the out patient lab I learned a few new skills. I learned how to work with inpatients on hand. I learned how to set up my own system for performing my daily venipunctures so that I could finish in a timely manner. I was also trained to read the different lables for the venipunture. In the out patient lab I learned to move quickly when neccessary because it would get very busy. Everyone that I trained with was very professional and friendly. It was an experience that I am very appreciative of, because I know that going through the clinical experience really prepared me to be able to work in any medical facility without a problem.
had a great learning experiance here.
student (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 7, 2015
I would say that they are very professional, and they showed me and my classmates how to do our jobs in the work place. I enjoyed being there and would recommend anyone for that place.
productive and busy place
entry level certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 26, 2015
good place to work nice staff good hours very well organized placed. I was there for my training through job corps and the give us tips plus on the our states ..I enjoyed my time there
Busy place to work
Unit secretary (Former Employee) –  northFebruary 27, 2012
I think that they should give second chances, but they dont like to. They are too picky about who they pick for jobs, i understand needing good people but lightnin up alittle.
Pros
get to work with some pretty awesome ppl
Cons
dont give you a second chance
Fun and productive workplace.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 28, 2014
My daily duties included Calling patients verifying name and date of birth, drawing blood as well as drug screens and blood alcohol tests. I also did ordering on the computer. I loved the people I worked with.
work was very productive
Completion of 150 Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 28, 2014
I loved working with my patients in home always had a smile and kept showing hard work, love & compassion
hours were good needs better training
medicare medicaid secondary biller (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYDecember 29, 2013
with all the secondary medicare and medicaid billing and coding guidelines, needs better training program for medicare and medicaid secondary billing.
Versatile Environment
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 12, 2013
Completed my third 8-week clinical rotation at this facility. SNF is connect to the hospital and outpatient facility is down the road, provides multiple options for employees.

4.3