A.O. Smith Corporation

A.O. Smith Corporation Employee Reviews

AO Smith - Water Heaters
Residential Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNMarch 31, 2015
I worked through Aerotek, was contracted on to handle their inbound calls for technical support. AO Smith deals with water products, mainly water heaters, but 1% of the products they support are water pumps. The end users and technicians are generally nice, but a water heater's a kind of appliance that is, in most circumstances, forgotten until it breaks. And when it breaks, and they call in, they're late for something or had just taken a cold shower, or just had a part of their house flooded. It takes a level of patience to deal with people who've just had their day turned around. On the other hand, providing excellent service turns their day around too. Oftentimes the news may not be satisfactory (product is out of warranty, there's no fix until it's up in code, labor may not be included, etc.), being knowledge and helpful goes a long way.
productive place.
Welder/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 27, 2015
it was interesting place to work. i learned how a hot water works and what it took for it to run. stock numbers and what it took for it to ship out.
enjoyed working there
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good paying
Cons: moved away from milwaukee
I learned how to be responsible and take matters in my own hands. People there were friendly, There was always other jobs you could transfer to. The pay was good.
It paid the bills
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Franklin,TNMarch 11, 2015
The employees are not treated equally. The rules are changed depending on the situation. Some of the employees work very hard while others do close to nothing.
Good, dependable job.
Assembler A (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good pay, and management
Cons: hard work
I took tanks out of the furnace, and supplied them to the bottom press for further production. The management was awesome, and the pay was good. the worst part about the job was the physicality.
if this is what you want
Assembly (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: random weekends work
the company doesn't really care about you. I lost the job because I had to choose from getting married to my wife or loose my job..no man should have to choose
Not a bad place to work
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Ashland City, TNDecember 28, 2014
Good pay and benefits. Very family friendly. Lots of overtime. Large company with several other plant in other countries. Modern facility with more innovations on the way. Having to deal with the manufacturing to fill customer orders can be hard to do some times.
QUALITY AUDITOR (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2014
I work for a great company and I really appreciate that they make me feel like a part of the team.
interesting work environment with many opportunity to learn new skills.
QC technician (Former Employee), Mcbee South CarolinaSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: trouble shooting problems with skilled co-workers
Cons: long hours of repetitive action
for someone who enjoys working in a goal oriented environment AOSmith is a wonderful employer. I worked in QC checking to ensure the quality of the water heaters which were produced that day on the assembly line. Hardest part of the job was shutting down production to correct imperfections with a series of new product because management rarely takes such things with grace.
overall a great place to work.
Press operator (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long walks to cafeteria took a 1/4 of the break time.
I enjoyed working there. over time was always offered. however I was laid off for a while along with many others. a typical day at work was clock in get started. team leaders came around to check with everyone which I think is a good idea. my co-workers were very friendly but again it was a place where everyone had to work to get things accomplished.
good pay. hard work
Clamp Truck Operator (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: hot in summer
it is an assembly line. you work hard but get good pay and great benefits.
Great place to solve challenging engineering problems.
Chemical Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 22, 2014
This was a perfect place to receive engineering experience while still in school. They challenged the interns to solve real world problems that couldn't be learned in the class room.
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 30, 2014
I sold motors here. Good place to work. Fair management. Pay is below marker level.
Very healthy professional work culture.
SAP ABAP Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 31, 2014
Very healthy professional work culture. Learned lots of thing here.
Hot days with overtime
Team Leader (Current Employee), Ashland City, TNMay 29, 2014
Lots of overtime to work on hot or cold days. Pay is very good. People are very friendly.
Enjoyed customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), McBee, SCMay 26, 2014
Left due to economy. Enjoyed my work and the people. Got good experience. Hated to leave.
Loved my job at The Hertz Corporation
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TnMay 18, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: corporate lay off
Most enjoyable part of my job was the people both employees and customers. It was a challenge to ensure we had enough cars every day without being over fleeted. I learned a great management style that I carried with me to other jobs.
Great place to work just didnt workout
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Florence, KYMarch 27, 2014
It was a great place to work...Great people...made good money...just didn't work out for me
Strict rules
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Ashland City, TnMarch 18, 2014
Pros: first shift
Cons: other issues you may have to deal with doesn't blend with the temp service.
It was a good Job. But they didn't work with your life schedule. Maybe if I wasn't working through a temp service then I could of continued to work there.
A.O. Smith
Digital Marketing Director, Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), NashvilleMarch 16, 2014
Great culture, Take amazing care of their employees, very stable and well established company.

About A.O. Smith Corporation

A. O. Smith Corporation is a global leader applying innovative technology and energy-efficient solutions to products marketed – Read more

A.O. Smith Corporation Salaries