A123 Systems Employee Reviews

Terrible work place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 22, 2017
They don't care about the operators. The management needs lots of work. The operators are treated poorly with no time off without being threatened about their job. Even after finish their 90 day probation.
productive environment clean safe place
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 22, 2017
I love the job it's always new things to learn. the management is great people they are very understanding. they are willing to work with you with what you don't understand
Very serious but easy job
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 20, 2017
I worked from 6:00am -6:30pm. When I arrive at work, I will get suited and the supervisor will tell us about our machines and problems the previous shift had. Next, I would head to my machine and do a handoff with an employee from the previous shift and they will tell you what's wrong with your machine. I did the same once my shift was over.
At A123 Systems
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 13, 2017
A typical day is not to bad it's just you might be moving around a lot but other then that the job is good.
I learned how to repair battery or module whichever​ one you want to call them. Also I learned how to test them by putting amps in them an checking to make sure the welds are good on the module.
Best management I've ever heard of
Associate Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 12, 2017
The most outstanding part of A123 is the management. A few years ago there was a massive overhaul of the management, and the new exec team made it a priority to get a better system in place. They are very open and honest with everyone, and anybody can (and does, when needed) contact the execs directly about any concerns. I truly feel like they listen and respond accordingly. Additionally, middle management is held accountable for their performance, both positive and negative. It's a very laid back culture that really emphasizes giving employees what they need to succeed.
Pros
Culture, flexible hours, management, UPTO, security
Cons
Few chances for advancement
Good people
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 9, 2017
I would say that the people are very nice, but the company does not seem to work overall. There are are many experienced professionals that I feel have become very comfortable in their roles and scopes of responsibility/expertise. The makes it very hard to improve in problematic areas and punishes individuals who good outside of their assigned comfort level/scope with extra responsibilities.
New rising company
Financial Analyst/Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 26, 2017
Great place to work at, very professional and friendly people. Growing company with great future. Learned new processes and systems. Small departments therefore long hours sometimes.
Pros
Free Parking, subsidized lunch
Great environment with great culture
Jr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 12, 2017
A123 Systems has a very diverse environment. Learned a lot from so many wonderful people from all over the globe. Very interestiing and growing business.
Machine Operator
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 9, 2017
The job itself was pretty easy, I just stood up all day for 12 hours and pressed a button. Also watched the machine to make sure it didn't break down. As far as benefits, there is none, ive worked there for over a year and never got hired in.
Great job experience
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 31, 2016
Great supervisor that I work for. I learned so many things working there, like working with the maintenance crew on my shift. Currently on layoff, but still have job security.
i really enjoyed working at a123 systems
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 20, 2016
i enjoyed the 2years i worked at a123 systems. i wasnt happy with the way we were laid off but it was a pretty good job and if they called us back i would go.
Typical american corporation
Machine Operator, Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 14, 2016
Job security, and advancement not dictated by work ethic and attendance. They don't hire in yearly like they claim. Worked through a temp agency for just over a year, forced to worked through eves, and holidays. No raises, and lots of uncertainty.
Pros
not the absolute worst job
Cons
no healthcare, short breaks, non union, long hours, no real holiday pay, constantly changing policies
Very good people with helpful enviorment
Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 12, 2016
Some very helpful and delightful people to work around but has its issues like every job. No having correct parts to fix issues probably my biggest concern which makes you look bad.
Good work/life balance but no career vision
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 6, 2016
ELT is greedy and upper management does not have responsibility.
There is no organized job security and description.
Bad benefit and poor business.
Competitive wages
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2016
A123 Systems was a excellent job working on batteries for electric cars and other motor vehicles. A123 systems had a great environment and great people
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
prodution opp
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 16, 2015
This was the temp agency to start at A 123 after working them for a probationary period I was than hired directly by A-123 as a full time employee.
Pros
Challanging
Cons
Not enough hours
productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 16, 2015
Working here was a good experience. Sometime politics and favoritism was shown by employees and other managers! i really didn't agree with it.
Productive, but no way to advance.
Production Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 14, 2015
We usually would just come in and get started right away. Some times there would be a meeting, other times not so much.

I've learned how to be a team player.

Management is sort of an unknown since we hardly see them, but when we do see them they usually have an upbeat attitude.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor communication, no incentive to want to stay
real nice clean place to work for
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 15, 2015
I like working for the company but I need a better company to advance myself and to get raises within the a company. I like the people that I work with. this place is a easy company to work for as long you show up for work and do your job correctly. Very clean place to work for.
Pros
not sure
Cons
short breaks and no raises
Great place to work at
RECEIVING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 11, 2015
The typical day begins with loading the trucks with Dunn age for the Romulus facility. Shortly after that review the dock area for overnight shipments that may arrive then start adjusting inventory according to quantities on hand and packing slips of material received. The rest of the day is receiving material, unloading trucks, verifying packing slips, verifying material condition, affixing labels, and move items to warehouse. And then file documents upon completion of verification.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
shorten breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A123 Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6