A2Z FIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews

The best
Recruiter Data Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHMay 4, 2017
WONDERFUL TEAM, GREAT PLACE TO WORK!!! would've stayed however the pay wasn't what I needed. only paid $12 an hour. to take care of my family I needed to make a little more than that. Chris and Justin are the best and most caring supervisors anyone could have. wonderful trainers!
Pros
hour, company fun, co workers
Cons
pay
Enjoye working part time
Field Services Occupancy Inspector (Current Employee) –  NewYorkApril 28, 2017
No real issues except pay is low. Extensive traveling throughout the state. Very positive experience. Wish I could afford to work it full time. Jobs are hit and miss
Fun place to work.
National Vendor Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHMarch 1, 2017
This is a fun place to work. I learned a lot about how to manage my time and responsibilities. This company is willing to work with you on most things so you can be successful.
Laid back work place. Not so strong management.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Management seem less knowledgeable then the average employee. Opportunities to advance seem to be more about office politics then actual job performance.
Pros
Solid work schedule
Cons
Meh pay and poor management. Little advancement opportunities.
Growing and Great
Asset Coordinator / Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plain City, OHNovember 30, 2016
I have enjoyed working here since I started. I have been allowed to learn a variety of skills and encouraged to grow. All of my co-workers are fun and hard working. The hardest part is dealing with different technical issues. However, the issues are usually solved. The most enjoyable part is being able to laugh at the ridiculous photos of properties.
Interesting people and work
Property Preservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 21, 2016
My normal day consisted of reviewing images and reviewing costs in housing damages, making a decision on if we could sell the house or not and reporting it to the above authority. Management was nice, co workers were fun to talk to, sometimes people would send interesting joke photos in. The toughest part was the traffic because of the repairs in the road that year.
A2Z Unfair to Senior Workers.
Processor (Current Employee) –  Dublin,OhioSeptember 26, 2015
A2Z brings in temporaries and 'auditions ' them for three of four days ,then dumps them if they are not experts on the A@Z computer system, after 3 or 4 hours of training, with NO review. Temps are working files their first day and are expected to do everything correctly after being shown the process ONCE ! Pay was ridiculous considering the work load at $11.50 an hour. This office has lost their HUD contract Sept., 2015 so hopefully will be closing !
Pros
Poor training
Cons
Too much of a work load to take a scheduled break.
Good benefits, poor management
National Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OHAugust 26, 2015
You don't get far in this business unless you personally know a member of management, whom prefer to stay out of the office more than they do in. They're not very understanding when it comes to people with children so this job would be better suited to someone who's single. The benefits are good, insurance starts on day one, you get X amount of hours of PTO that's earned every pay period and it never expires. You can save up PTO hours for two years if you really wanted and take two months off at once. A friend quit there due to being bullied after she got promoted into another department because the person who wanted the job personally knew the people in management and had been there longer but couldn't do the job correctly. Lots of drama but if you can overlook that and focus on the benefits, go ahead. Pay is determined on how much they like you, there is no consistency. I was paid $12/hr starting out, my friend was at $15/hr after a year, some temps were $9/hr, others were around $13/hr while other full timers made $9/hr. Ridiculous.
They also don't like nursing mothers, stating to another friend of mine that she has to pump in the nasty bathroom instead of the unoccupied back room they had.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no lunch unless you come in early. Drama. Nepotism.
Processing of HUD homes to get them ready to sell
HUD government contractor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2015
Very intense position with a contractor who worked for HUD. Contract could be pulled at any time. Very stressful; high turnover. No advancement, no raises, minimum benefits.
Family Oriented Small Business With Fun Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2014
A2Z FS gave me the opportunity to learn about daily business activities first hand. A2Z FS is very flexible in scheduling and they prioritize a fun, light environment.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Management is unprofessional and biased
A good starter job
Research & Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 29, 2014
Just not very secure place to be employed. great co-workers, no real room for advancement though.
Fun work environment
Tracker Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plain City OhioJuly 13, 2014
A typical day at work was pretty routine, but there were always challenges. I learned how to manage my time and better ways to multi-task. The management was a bit lacking because they seemed to have their own agenda and were quick to let people go but slow to get both sides of a story. There was quite a bit of favortism. My co-workers were amazing. Everyone worked hard and no one would hesitate to help someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I met along the way.
Pros
They had many activities to make the work place fun.
Cons
They didn't give any opportunity for explanation when they accused an employee of wrong doing.
Productive Company
HUD QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Very nice environment to be in. Learned a lot from the team leads. Co-Workers are very nice and welcoming.
Good Company to work with
Independent QC Inspector (Current Employee) –  Memphis TNFebruary 19, 2014
I enjoy the job that I perform as a Property Inspector. The front office personnel are very accomodating to the needs of their contractors.
Pros
independent working
Cons
work can slow to a crawl some times
Nice place to work.
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, ohJune 28, 2013
Was a great place to work. Ended up not working out for me at the time but liked the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Research and Registeration Coordinator
Research & Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 27, 2013
I would come in and research utility companies for forclosed homes. I learned to keep utilities on for forclosed homes. Management was very supportive and my coworkers were too. It was hard to follow some of the paperwork that was provided. The environment was clean and I really enjoyed that.
Has its Pros and Cons
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Plain City, OhioJanuary 1, 2013
A2Z Field Services was called the fastest growing company in the Columbus areas for 2012. The company is doing very well, and expanding rapidly, which means that there is a lot of room for professional growth if you start at the bottom. The upper management is very caring of its employees, and the CEO and SVP knows everyone in the company and they go out of their way to make the atmosphere a nice place to work. It is a good place to work if you are young, have no kids, and did not go to college. On the other hand, if you went to college, you will be very bored. The work is monotonous and boring and the same every day, and while you can advance, you might not go too far up the ladder. You will not feel challenged. You do not need any sort of degree to work any position at A2Z, so you will feel like your time in college is wasted. The benefits are horrible; worse than anywhere I have ever worked. You start with only 12 days of PTO per year, which is accumulated. You don't know if your PTO request will be approved until the afternoon before the day you want off. You have to work the day after Thanksgiving and the day before Christmas. You can get vision/dental/medical, but the co-pays are enormous ($50 for an office visit, $100 for urgent care, $200 for emergency room, and those are just to get in the door). Disability is something you buy yourself. I pay $80/month for mine. They do not have a 401K, pension, or anything to save for retirement. If you have kids, you can forget about seeing them, and vacations are out because you get so little PTO that you use all your PTO on their  more... sick days. Finally, they allow smoking outside the building, so the building constantly reaks of cigarette smoke and you go home smelling like it, especially in winter. In essence, if you did not go to college and don't have kids, the people are nice and it is a good place to work. Once you have kids, you might want to go somewhere with better benefits.  less
Pros
caring management, decent pay
Cons
terrible benefits, smoking allowed
good company to work for
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  plain city ohFebruary 25, 2012
Its a good company, but some of the management is a little too young and talks openly about employees to other employees. On the the positive side is the pay is really well and the company offers over time, and benefits.
Pros
there is a lot of over time, and the money is really good
Cons
always wondering about job security, because they lay off all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A2Z FIELD SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6