We currently have full-time Insurance Sales Agent position available at the Cranberry Branch Office in PA. The Insurance Sales Agent produces high quality new business in support of the Agency and AAA East Central.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources provided by agency, by making warm calls to our membership base and other lead lists.
- Continuously develops expiration dates in quantities that are set periodically by management.
- Develops information and recommendations for prospective accounts, presents proposals in a professional manner and adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Meets on site, with existing and prospective clients to aid in the selection of appropriate insurance coverage.
- Presents and promotes Agency products to customers by utilizing exceptional customer service skills and appropriate diagnostic sales techniques, in person, on the telephone, and in writing to all customers.
- Makes the sale and collects necessary deposits, arranges for binders, certificates, etc. Collects all premiums that are due on or before effective date of coverage.
- Prepares necessary paperwork and performs other duties necessary to process insurance sales and renewals, including applications, payments, receipts, corrections, endorsements, cancellations etc.
- Provides customer service to walk-in policyholders and assists in the resolution of complaints & corrections.
- Achieves assigned sales and retention goals and other quotas as assigned.
- Negotiates annual new and renewal production goals w/ Business Development Manager/Branch Manager.
- Maintains monthly activity and production log and forwards to agency management at month’s end.
- Attends all scheduled sales and training meetings as required. Participates in other developmental programs designed to enhance professionalism, knowledge and skills.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- A college degree is preferred. An insurance industry professional designation may be substituted.
- Minimum 2 years personal lines insurance sales experience required.
- Must be willing to work toward and attain professional industry designations (e.g., CIC, CPCU, AAI, etc.)
- Requires a current Property and Casualty Insurance License. Life and Health License must be obtained within 6 months of hire date to maintain employment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. No history of DUI or license suspension.
- Strong consultative/diagnostic sales and customer service skills.
- Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner to avoid compromising a customer’s privacy.
- The ability to perform work assignments accurately, neatly and thoroughly; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well autonomously and is self-motivated. Must be flexible in scheduling working hours to meet client needs inside the office.