Corporate Systems Application Developer IV: Platform: Controls GRC / Archer
The AAA Corporate Systems team is responsible for technical implementation of internal business applications used by employees, partners, and vendors. The team delivers the full SDLC (analysis, design, development, testing, support, etc) for cutting-edge enterprise applications and services. We apply Agile Scrum and Kanban practices to optimize collaboration, quality, and to deliver solutions and continuous improvements that enable our employees to delight our members.
As a member of this team, the Application Developer will build and modify features, processes, and integrations used by internal teams, such as HR, Finance, and IT.
The Application Developer will be responsible for building and enhancing integrations that send data into and out of systems. This includes payroll providers, benefit providers, applicant tracking, learning management, performance management, Active Directory, internal financial systems and other applications. In addition, they will support business process automation, report writing, and system security. Activities include...
- Answer questions, research, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues submitted by users
- Work closely with Business Analysts to deliver new features and enhancements
- Monitor and ensure application data integrity, apply best practices, follow enhancements
- Work directly with vendors to complete project work
- Provide domain and product expertise across enterprise
- Designs, integrates, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates highly complex mission critical programs for business functional areas. Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic operating on multiple platforms work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components. Directs and monitors the work of other developers, outside resources, and staff in the development of components of his or her build deliverables. Formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, and data analysis through the application of professional programming concepts. Ensures coding, testing and delivery of application enhancements and project build deliverables. Contributes to the development of applications and technology roadmap.
- Recommends and implements changes in key development, maintenance and system standards. Holds change walkthroughs and ensures that all changes, from internal developers, external contracts or personally prepared, are production-ready and complies with all standards including but not limited to: Architectural, PCI, SDLC, Model Audit Rule and internal audit standards. Develops design specifications and parameters for highly complex applications that are in compliance with products' architectural blueprints. Ensures that changes are made to quality standards and all applicable standards (see above examples).
- Develops complex, exhaustive, integrated test plans in conjunction with the Q/A Lead for performance and integration testing. Reviews results for systems tests. Develops, or directs others in developing, fixes for bugs discovered during testing.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation. May assist in development of product user manuals.
- Participates in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations for highly complex, technologically advanced and/or mission critical solutions
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time and balance competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Ability to interact and communicate with peers and customers of varying levels of expertise
- Ability to take a consultative approach to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to learn new processes, tools, and technologies
- Ability to understand business and customer requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions
- Ability to integrate legacy systems with new technology
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) methodologies, such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, and related standards such as SOAP and REST (preferred)
- Understanding of industry practices and AAA NCNU policies and procedures relating to HR and Finance (preferred)
- Bilingual communication skills (preferred)
Education & Experience / Licenses & Certification
- Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years high-tech industry, application engineering and/or IT work experience
- 8+ years application programming experience (full SDLC), preferably in related application areas
- 1+ years XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSLT (preferred)
- 2+ years ERP Systems such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Workday (preferred)
- Experience in Human Capital Management (HCM), Financial Management, Payroll, Benefits, and other related enterprise systems (preferred)
- Experience with the SaaS/Cloud model (preferred)
- Experience with the following platforms: Archer, Globalware, AdSystems (preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Works in an office environment sitting at a desk, table or computer workstation for extended periods of time. May travel by car, plane or other form of transportation to attend business meetings or conferences. Approximately 50-80 percent of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Results Orientation (Expert)
Quality Orientation (Expert)
Process Management (Proficient)
Dealing with Ambiguity (Proficient)