The AACA Museum is looking for a full time retail associate to supervise the daily operation of the museum’s gift shop.
Retail Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Monitors, evaluates and provides direction to store staff and volunteers as it relates to product awareness
- Works within an established budget for the purchasing of products for sale as they relate to exhibits or workshops
- Maintains / receives inventory and prepares them for display in the store (temp kiosk) according to established policies and assigns to staff to implement
- Orients, trains, schedules, monitors and provides supervision to store staff and volunteers.
- Establish / Maintains vendor relationships
- Ensures that store staff fulfills ecommerce site orders
- Maintains or changes product displays including those required for periodic museum events
- Performs product inventory in accordance with established policies and maintains related records
- Produces a weekly/monthly report once a week to MoBT
- Greets and assists customers with product selection
- Operates POS and processes cash, check and credit card sale transactions
- Prepares retail/ticketing bank deposits
- Opens and closes the store by performing duties such as assigning the placement and removing of signage, opening and closing tills, unlocking and securing the store
- Provides information about the retail store(s) and service(s) to members of the public via multiple social medium services such as email, phone, or web.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the store by ensuring that maintenance duties are being completed and by performing duties such as cleaning, sweeping floors and dusting product shelves as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Requirements: 2 years minimum retail supervisor experience. Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and a windows based POS system. Articulate. Able to lift a minimum of 35lbs.