The American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) is looking for a web developer to join our challenging, yet fun and creative team. The position is for individuals with one to two years of Web Development and Information Technology work experience. A 4-year college degree with a strong Web programming background is a must.
AAII is a nationally prominent financial publisher with offices located in Chicago at 625 N. Michigan Avenue. Founded in 1978, AAII assists its 150,000 members in becoming effective managers of their own assets through programs of education, information and research. For more information, visit us on the Web at www.aaii.com.
The developer will assist in the enhancement and back-end development of the AAII.com website and provide occasional internal IT support. Primary tasks will consist of website development, mobile app development, content production, assistance in the maintenance of network infrastructure and technology, implementation of IT security, development of various IT solutions.
REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Knowledge of HTML with a proficiency in HTML editors such as Dreamweaver and HomeSite.
- Programming skills and knowledge of other server-side scripting languages such as PHP.
- Experience in relational database structures.
- Experience in mobile app development.
- Experience with automating processes using Windows job control scripting languages such as WSH, WinBatch or Perl.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Demonstrate high level of comprehension in website navigation and user interface best practices.
ROLE-SPECIFIC DUTIES, POSSIBLE PROJECTS:
- Development of mobile apps
- Perl scripts to optimize data entry
- Perl scripts to optimize data processing for financial analysts
- Data mining for operations/marketing
- Automating email management processes
- Optimizing web production processes