ABC Fine Wine & Spirits

ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Employer Reviews

Wine Consultant: Fun position with great learning opportunities
Wine Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: enhanced learning, great staff, love the industry.
Cons: compensation was minimal with little ability to progress in management.
Responsible for daily ordering and stocking of 4,000 bottle inventory. Great customer interactions, wine tastings, store and inventory organization as well as travel to other local and statewide stores for special events. Also responsible for second store/location in area. Constant opportunities to increase my wine and spirit knowledge and good support – more... from area supervisors. – less
A DAY IN THE LIFE AT ABC
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: working with great team members, great knowledge
Cons: no breaks, no discounts
A typical day at ABC consists of going in at 8 am to open and get the store ready for business on that day. I come in count all the money make sure everything is balanced from the night before then i would do a cycle count which is a mini inventory to make sure all bottles are accounted for. The store opens at 9am which i would then start to begin to – more... receive shipments from the distributors i would scan and edsr all drops get them up and put away in between ringing up guest at the register. I learned alot of information on liquors and wine mixing drinks and paring foods with beer. I learned to check fake ids credit cards money. I also learned to notice who is very inebriated and no longer needed anymore to drink. I learned many different things on the palm pilot, also to always see things in the guest eyes would you shop and buy here? I had an awesome boss who I wish I could take everywhere with me , he always worked with my schedule to make sure it fit best for me being that i have children. I had A great team of workers in my store it was like a little family. Always had the store in great shape stackers always topped off beer cooler always filled shelves always fronted. – less
miserable cesspool
maint bitc (Former Employee), floridaSeptember 13, 2013
Cons: low pay horrible management
Dont waste your time Abcwill jerk you around .They will low ball you on pay and then never give you a raise.The maint supv and dir of maint are spineless cowards who will throw you under the bus in a second.Upper management in this circus of a co are clueless ,incompetent bafoons.
Family Business
Store Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2013
At ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, I have been shown the importance of teamwork and what it means to work as a whole versus a segment. A typical day at work consist of completing daily task and ensuring that the employees on my shift are working to their best abilities. As a Store Manager, I oversee 8 employees and their work duties which is a big part of – more... my position in this company. It is also my job to make sure that the store is meeting the goals of the company as a whole. The hardest part of the job is providing the best customer service environment because it is important that all guest are happy and sometimes requires going above and beyond to make it possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is just having fun and watching my employees and guest leave work with a smile. – less
Not a competitive employer
Managment (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2013
Cons: no breaks
Wants way to much for compensation available. Promises commissions but consistently changes the plan in obtaining. Very two faced company with no leadership or support for success.
just say no
key holder (Former Employee), FloridaApril 29, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: to many to count
Never again would I wish to work for such a poor company. No chance of advancement unless your willing to step on someone else to get there. The pay is lacking and the work environment is awful. No breaks and they expect you to drive merchandise to and from other stores on your time. Upper management is all related in some way or form.
the worst company ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, FLApril 11, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: never work there, the company is awfull
I hated it there, slave drivers, you can't even use the bathroom or get a drink of water without permission
Fun and Fast Paced!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: no benifits
Prepared the cash tills for my employees, Prepared the store and stocked the shelves for the customers, assisted the customers with their purchases. I learned how to work as a team. The hardest part of this job was lifting the heavy boxes with wine and spirits in them. I most enjoyed helping the customers and making their visit enjoyable.
Learned a lot in the warehouse
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2012
Pros: m-f job nice schedule
Cons: worked for a temp agency.
Warehouse Assistant: Stocked inventory, prepared orders, transported merchandise with sit-down fork lift, maintained inventory.
Customer friendly environment
sales associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 31, 2012
Pros: interaction with customers, good hours
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, no career future
A typical day at ABC is kind of flip flop,meaning you come to work not knowing what type of customers your going to deal with.What got me threw the day were the customers because its always at least one customer each day to make me laugh.The management at ABC could be better,i felt like a choosen few of managers favored certain employees.
Productive workplace with very limited room for advancement
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2012
Pros: classes (beer, wine), wine tasting events, pleasant coworkers
Cons: no break room, extremely weak benefits, weak upper management, barely any room for advancement
I maintain relations with clientele as well as many distributors keeping up with demand for current products. I have gained some quality management experience but desire a much more challenging and rewarding work experience. My manager is one of the best I have had at the store level. Upper management seems to be lacking in certain areas such as communication – more... and people management, specifically hiring practices and transferring people from store to store to acquire a "good fit" team. My coworkers are fun to be around and we generally all get along. There seems to be an awful lot of talking about people, especially when they are not present. The hardest part of my job is maintaining my specific department and area of expertise, beer. It must remain current and stocked with the latest products to meet demand of my guests. I do enjoy working the beer department, it is just like any other category of alcohol related products such as wine or liquor. Wine has many varieties, brands, and characteristics just as liquor does and beer as well. It's fun learning about new products and what consumers look for in certain beer products and meeting and exceeding their demands. – less
Great working atmosphere for Networking Engineers
Remote Technican/Network Admin (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2011
Pros: friendly, fun, hardworkig, educated, inspirational
Working for ABC Fine Wine and Spirits has educated me in become a team member and thriving on great management and atmosphere. Since a member of the Tech Support team, my knowledge and overall outlook on Networking has increased dramatically. I would recommend this position to anyone starting in the workforce as a on site technician.