ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 22, 2017
The greatest job i ever had, the greatest people i ever worked with you will find right here at ABC in Brandon, FL
Management is fair, helpfull and understanding in all aspects.
Pros
Great work invironment, flexible schedules, fun and very helpful co-worker
Cons
Low pay, not to many advancement opportunities
Customer service is great but sometimes company forgets their loyalty!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Great job if you want to learn about wine, and you like customer service. I love my job for many years. I looked forward to going to work with most of the many managers I worked with though the years.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Theifs
Managment was great
Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Management was great, pay was low. Hour were ok, some of the workers needed a new job. overall I would work there again if given the oportunity
Pros
pay low
great place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 26, 2017
as a manager you are responsibe for all operations including but not limited to inventory, stocking, maintaining a clean and neat environment, dealing with vendors, and ensuring friendly and prompt service.
Great place to work!
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 23, 2017
i loved all my co workers and the customers. Ok, not all of the customers. There were a few nasty ones. But ABC is a great copany to work for. Management opportunites abound.
Pros
benefits!
Cons
INCONSISTENT SCHEDULE
Great place to work.
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Floyd, VAJanuary 8, 2017
I love working for ABC. Good pay just no benefits at the present time. I do wish the scheduling was different though. One day you are there for 8 hours and then you might work 3 or 4 the next few days.
Educational and rewarding work place
Wine and Spirits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
As a wine consultant I maintained the wine department of the store, while greeting customers and helping them with any liquor or wine questions they had. They had classes required to attend that taught you about wine, beer, liquor and cigars so we could be as knowledgeable as possible for our guests. I enjoyed the diversity of the job and the rewards that came with it.
Pros
wine tastings, competitive, diverse
Cons
No breaks
Fun and informative
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 13, 2016
I have learned a lot about spirits. I look forward to going to work everyday. The hardest part for me is truck day. Because that is a lot of cases that have to be moved in one day. I enjoy the staff I work with, they make the time pass by fast.
Pros
The different customers
Cons
No benefits if your part time
Excellent Service and Atmosphere
Customer Service & Holiday Helper (SEASONAL) (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FL 33853December 10, 2016
The work load made me very busy and I found it easy and I enjoyed working with the customers and employees. The job pay was decent as well and I found no issues with the work load.
fun
everyone works hard
sales goal exceeded 3,000,000 dollars
2014, 2015, 2016
love to work at ABC

Want to know more about ABC Fine Wine & Spirits?

Ask a question
Overworked & Underappreciated
Store Manager & Food Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2016
Not the worst environment to work in as the people are generally good to work with, & the guests/customers are fun to interact with. Management positions; however, are salaried and therefore taken advantage of by middle management as hired slaves with extended hours every week. The requirement was 45 hours per week, but depending on your District Manager, you may be expected to work upwards of 60 plus hours per week with few or no days off, depending. They also make terrible hiring and firing decisions with no thought as to how to solve these issues before creating the problem themselves. I personally liked my job, but despised my boss, & that is never a good situation to plant seeds for the future.
Pros
Fun Work Environment, Get out from behind the Desk, & Interesting People to Say the Least
Cons
Pour Management, Extra Hours with No Overtime, No Future in It, Etc.
Job presented as all shiny and fun until it's not
Celebration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 1, 2016
We used to get individual commissions on certain items we sold. They took that away. The classes about wine and liquor are informative and helpful, and Healthcare, pd sick days and pd vacations are all excellent. Regular wages are flat and barely the minimum standard in retail. Help guests with selections, ring them up, bring purchases to the car, stock shelves and cooler. Definite pecking order and favoritism practiced, complaining only makes you a target. Many company rules are bent for certain people with crazy pressure on the store managers to perform by the regional manager.
Pros
Full time hours, meet lots of nice people
Cons
depending on the current company sales campaign, pressure can be tough
Easy going
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2016
On a typical day, it was never all that busy. During the weekends and holidays, business would pick up but I enjoyed it. Met some interesting people and it was nice having regular customers because I usually knew what they wanted to buy and could strike up a more personal conversation.
Pros
Commissions were nice.
Cons
It could be really slow at times.
Not enough pay for the amount of work you do.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL/Tampa, FloridaSeptember 19, 2016
I've worked at two different ABC's in two very different parts of Florida. This most recent store I work at is the reason why I want to find another job. The hours are terrible, I'm stuck closing every single night. This store does 35,000+ on a Friday night which equals out to a lot of customers. They are suppose to send you to classes to teach you about wine and spirits, those are a joke. You will get yelled at by customers for not having enough product knowledge. The management is terrible, they only worry about themselves and that's it. They pick favorites and if you're not one of them good luck trying to get a specific day off to see family. The hardest part of the job is putting away the 600+ cases that come in from the truck, you will spend at least 5-6 hours putting it away and still having to cash out customers too. There was no enjoyable part of this job honestly, the pay is bad, you get a .75 cent raise when you become a manager which is nothing because you still do the same things regular employees do, but you have to close and open and handle cash. Not worth it at all. There really is no potential to move up unless you want to become a shift manager, but good luck moving up quickly.
Cons
No breaks, bad pay, managers don't communicate, no potential to move up, lazy employees, terrible scheduling.
Regular retail job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2016
This job was uninteresting to me. Depending on what location you're at, it will either feel like an actual fine wine & spirits store or a typical corner liquor store (there is a difference). Advancement is cool, though you'll be stuck with shift lead longer than needed. The atmosphere can be a little fake/vague. Just like any other job, favoritism is heavy here; the rules only apply to certain employees while others get away with everything and get to take hundreds of days off with pay. There are days you might have to take on someone else's workload while others stand around on the phone or gossip about current and former employees. Benefits are okay, but after that's deducted plus taxes, your pay is laughable. Lastly, there were too many constant changes that makes you work extra hard to keep up with them and makes the company look unorganized.
Pros
Paid weekly, informative training classes
Cons
No breaks, heavy favoritism, dealing with other's laziness, unorganized
Fun work environment, it just lacked management and leadership
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with our guest and helping them with any questions. Management was one of the worst that I have ever seen. So many employees got away with doing anything and there were never any real consequences. You could go over and beyond and still be treated the same as someone who barely tried. It was an overall good experience and I learned a lot from being there
Pros
discounted items
Cons
scheduling was all over the place
Has many great opportunity
Shift Manager/Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 4, 2016
Great place to work, Fun guest, Great boss. There is a guest that come in every week and make me fun so hard. The weekend shift go by so fast.
Good physical work environment, confusing management system.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJune 26, 2016
Enjoyed the people that I worked with. Worked in a clean environment. Policies changed so frequently that one could hardly keep up with them. Wages low. Favoritism among employees when it came to schedules.
Pros
Air Conditioning
Cons
No Breaks
Great company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJune 25, 2016
ABC Fine Wine and Spirits has been my home for almost a decade. I have truly enjoyed working with them and have only decided to begin searching for new opportunities because of the limited growth potential for myself at this company.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
elimination of commissions
Excellent work place
Celebration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 21, 2016
Great work environment, everyone is happy working here. 99% of guests are there to celebrate something so they are great to deal with. The company has a lot of classes they can send you to so you can learn more about beer, wine, and spirits. They are very flexible so you can go to school and work or work two jobs.

It is very great for what it is. $10/hr starting pay in retail is almost unheard of. Plus they have quarterly bonuses and an employee discount program. You don't have to clock out for lunch unless you leave to go pick something up.
Pros
Employee discount, Fun

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. Our community is ready to answer.

ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Reviews by Location