ABC Fine Wine & Spirits Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent work place
Celebration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 21, 2016
Great work environment, everyone is happy working here. 99% of guests are there to celebrate something so they are great to deal with. The company has a lot of classes they can send you to so you can learn more about beer, wine, and spirits. They are very flexible so you can go to school and work or work two jobs.

It is very great for what it is. $10/hr starting pay in retail is almost unheard of. Plus they have quarterly bonuses and an employee discount program. You don't have to clock out for lunch unless you leave to go pick something up.
Pros
Employee discount, Fun
false leading
SM (Former Employee) –  central FloridaJune 2, 2016
Regional does not promote growth and advancement from with. Treats you as if youbare less then him especially if you are female.
He protrudes his negative outlook on guessing situations as if you have done something wrong instead of investing time and effort into seeing whats actually going on
Gives false leading information and contradicts what the first story was.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
upper management outside the store
Welcoming enviroment, unusual guidelines.
Celebration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 10, 2016
I enjoyed my time at the company. Fellow employees were helpful in the training stages, and the were always friendly. The hardest part of the job was denying a sale to a customer. Simply due to them not bringing their I.D. Leaves an unhappy customer, and it leaves us without a sale.
Pros
Easy enviroment, good benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Attemping to force life changes on your time, even off of the clock.
Duties at ABC
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 23, 2016
As a wine consultant I was responsible for maintaining as well as increasing sales numbers in my department as well as ordering and replenishing stock, checking in deliveries from vendors, conversing with sales representatives about new products, cleaning the store, organizing and working special events and assisting guests with purchases. A large part of the position required not only expanding my knowledge of wines, beers and spirits, but the guests' as well.
Pros
Paid education
Cons
Low pay
A very fun job!
Celebration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 6, 2016
Great management, full time, health insurance, and a great team. fast paced work environment, so time flies by fast. Job security, its impossible to get fired. They even have these awesome classes you attend to learn more about cigars, beer, wine, and spirits.

The down side, very low starting pay, with no yearly raises. you can earn a 75 cent raise for becoming a key holder, but the added responsibility of having to opening and close the store, and count all drawers, and everything else almost makes it not worth it.
Pros
Fun, Nice respctful team, great hours, job security.
Cons
low pay, not worth moving up in company
Good physical work environment, confusing management system.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJune 26, 2016
Enjoyed the people that I worked with. Worked in a clean environment. Policies changed so frequently that one could hardly keep up with them. Wages low. Favoritism among employees when it came to schedules.
Pros
Air Conditioning
Cons
No Breaks
Good Company / Poor Leadership at Store Level
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMay 16, 2016
ABC is a solid, well-run corporation. But at the store level, there are too many managers and managers in training who set about enforcing conflicting rules. I worked very hard, and provided excellent customer service, but was constantly criticized for rules I hadn't known existed. Communication was non existent and I was expected to intuit things like upcoming wine tastings, and customers needs before they came in the door. I was never once complimented, I was insulted at every turn - most questions resulted in a sarcastic response, every request or idea turned down with a simple "No" - no explanation required apparently.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about wine formally through regular training and tasting, access to Gallo University. Beautiful state of the art store.
Cons
Unrelenting negativity, impossible to plan for private life events or doctor appts, schedule comes out one day before work week begins, time off requests ignored
Not any room for advancement, extremely nit picky and biased, terrible pay!
Sales Asociate (Former Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLMarch 9, 2016
I've never worked in a overall terrible place like this, I worked extremely hard for no advancements or respect, employees were somewhat nice! Terrible management! Slave labor, land scaping, painting, and anything else.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Everything else
doesnt care about employees
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 23, 2015
after almost 2 years, I sold high profit name brand bourbon like magic. One day my regional manager came in and told me I had 2 days to get ready to transfer to a store over an hour from my house; simply because I was one of the few people who knew how to run that store. I understand someone needs to run the store, but you can give 2 days notice...I have a family, and ABC doesn't care.
Pros
Fun, i liked being there
Cons
the company doesnt give a **** about your family or needs. SELFISH!
Terrible Management and No guidance.
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 21, 2015
You have your typical customers, some good and some awful. Benefits were actually pretty great, but expensive (though not that uncommon nowadays). Management was terrible. I had to learn my job on my own. They only tell you what you're doing wrong, instead of training you. It took me 6 months to get the welcome employee packet, which stated very little on how to actually do your job. I got fired because I didn't follow a policy I didn't know about. Don't do it unless you're desperate; and even then I would reconsider.
Pros
decent benefits, if a little pricy.
Cons
Terrible Management and no guidance on how to actually do your job.
Terrible but easy
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLApril 26, 2016
If you're a hard worker you will move up to Shift Manager but after that it is nearly impossible to move up any further.
Regional Manager listens to your issues but doesn't fix them.
Excellent Company
Celebration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 26, 2016
I didn't work very long for them, but i will say this. ABC was one of the best places i've ever worked for. I loved every shift. It was very fun for me, generally a fun place to work.
Fun secure full-time job.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 8, 2015
As far as retail goes ABC is one of the better places to work in Florida. They hire full-time, start you at the beginning of the week, offer benefits your 1st year, and pay fair wages. They are always looking forward improving the way they do things.

ABC thrives even in poor economic conditions, providing excellent job security. They own all of their own properties and will never lay off employees.

Management is supportive. No such thing as a stupid question. Lead by example. Family owned and family oriented workplace. Owner and VPs visit every store each year. Career opportunities are there as ABC often hires talent from within. Also monthly classes to help increase knowledge of products.
Pros
Full-time, Job-security, Benefits and 401k, Family environment.
Cons
Retail scheduling...
challenging
Wine Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2016
Making sure all areas are covered and making sure job is done in a appropriate time. Its a long list of things to do there hard to metion in a couple of words
Pros
challeging
Cons
favortisim
Great company to work for !
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJanuary 30, 2016
great company to work. fun environment. amazing benefits. great management team. they treat everyone like family. they are also a family owned business. I learned lost of liquor , wine , and cigar knowledge.
Pros
commission amazing benifits
Cons
short to no breaks
Great establishment to work for.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 11, 2016
Enjoy going to work everyday. Fun coworkers and managers to be around. The daily tasks are easy to accomplish. Just wish the compensation was a little higher.
Pros
Selling liquor
Cons
Low commissions
Nice place to work close to the beach
Celebration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at ABC fine wine and spirits because it allows me when cashiering to interact with locals and vacationers alike.
Fun during peek season
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 4, 2016
Great company and great people. Love the atmosphere and love the advancement. They are sales driven which is great during peek season.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 5, 2015
You are always moving, stocking, and talking to customers. Its been a very fun and family like atmosphere. you will gain a lot of person growth and a tremendous amount of product knowledge. This company is constantly reinvesting with its employees.
love ABC Fine Wine and Spirits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2015
This was a great job for me even though i dont drink i learned about the different types of liquor and wine. had a great bounce of customers this job thought me alot and im thankful for that