ABC Home & Commercial Services Employee Reviews

Great group of employees and fun work
Pest Technician (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 12, 2017
Great place to work, management cares about improving the work environment and is willing to listen. The actual daily work is fun by being outside and getting to take care of people and their homes. Really rewarding work
Pros
Team environment
Cons
can be really busy during the season
Productive and fun place to work at
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Good Job but pay is inconsistent based on commission. Good work environment. Enjoyed the freedom and being able to drive company vehicle home. They offer 401K and benefits.
Scam
smarter 2 work for better company that pays better (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2017
This job is a lie as you can see in the job title ( watch out for you can earn/make "up to"... Up to $45,000.00 Per Year AMAZZIIIING, yeah and full of BS. I did a research on google by checking windows cleaning salary pays 10 to 11 dollars an hour. To make 45 per year you would need to make around 23 dollars an hour. I even did further research to make sure and searched google for window cleaning salary San Antonio tx and same pay rate no matter where you live.
Pros
hard work, get in shape, lots of exercise
Cons
very little pay, where talking pennies
Official response from ABC Home & Commercial Services
June 8, 2017

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We would love to discuss with you our compensation/benefits as well as the multiple ways to earn bonuses. Please contact our ABC office at 512-837-9500 and Human Resources will be happy to address this matter with you.

Very hard to get ahead
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2017
If you are not family or friends of family you do not get above mid management. The sales process change so often and they offer to many things which were required to bid to clients that it hurt sales in the long run. Company car was great to have as the average day was 75 to 100 miles of driving.
Pros
company car and good benifits
Cons
bad sales procees when i was there. follow up process was hard to manage.
Good Company to work for.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2017
This is a good company to work work for, the co-workers are helpful, and management is easy going and very helpful, they also offer benefits, and paid time off.
Great people, environment, and pay.
Pest Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2017
I worked at ABC for 5 years and they always had great people and included everyone at company gatherings. Pay was great in the fact that each year you got a raise if you did a good job.
Pros
Family environment, not too big or small
Cons
Not may positions to move up
Great family owned business!
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2017
I loved working for this company. I arrived at the office at 7 AM to retrieve invoices for the daily route and restock on pest control products. Management was great and being able to take company truck home was convenient.
Very competitive, not a team atmosphere
ACCOUNT SPECILIST (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 11, 2015
No team atmosphere and the management needed more training.
I was able to improve my customer services and computer skills.
Good intermediate job.
Sales/Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2015
I had an excellent supervisor who was atypical from the upper management. The work load was not spread out properly among the employees. It was extremely frustrating seeing another technician on the same street as me. One of us could be servicing the other house and would save on drive time. Benefits were working out side, cons was drive time.
Pros
Excellent supervisor
Cons
Drive time
Abel and Frisbee
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  houston txOctober 19, 2014
Overall the employees are not that easy to work with .Management all the way to route managers talk down to you. Call you stupid to your face tell you that you're dumb and have no commons sense. Owners the Jenkins look the other way. Job duties are changed every hour and daily. They lock you in room to watch call center videos for 2 weeks after 3 weeks of sitting with other CSRs that wasn't trained properly nor want to teach you. You get paired with a Sales manager for one day .Then you're monthly quizzed on the different departments and forced to take a pay cut of 9.00 . An they pull you in with and incentive program telling you the more information you learn about all departments the better your pay check. Which is a lie and they hire you saying you get 11.00 an hour but then change too the incentive program.
Pros
potluck and the dogs
Cons
management are bullies and liars
Advancement opportunities for focused individuals
Director of Training and Quality (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2014
I was afforded the ability at ABC to try any and every area of the business. I was allowed to learn by making some mistakes along the way, but my decision making abilities were honed by this method. A great place to work and be a part of something larger than just a paycheck.
Productive and growing company
Certified Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2014
Awesome job good pay..I was a certified pest technician going to foundations at treating soil with pesticides or putting chemical free barriers around pipes in foundation
High Stress environment
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR / IT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2014
ABC's leaders are not positive in which direction the company is moving. Money is invested into high tech equipment, but none to solidify the infrastructure of the network. The backbone of the network is outdated and barely getting by day to day, The people who work there are nice. But there just is not enough support in the IT department here. Only one IT person assigned to support a growing company, for meager pay and no department budget. One day they will get it together. Good luck to the next guy!
Pros
Free coffee
pays thre bills
Pest Control Operator (Former Employee) –  san antonio, txApril 3, 2014
family buisness that has turned to corporate model and has left the workers behind
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
can be replaced at any time
Awesome people to work with!
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Get to work turn on my phone to accept incoming calls. Help techs that have questions about their routes and get them out the door asap. Get to work on the routes and answer phone calls. If you like working with customers and actually care about them, this is a great job. I have learned more about pests than I ever thought I'd want to know or need to know, but I like what I've learned. Management... they've gotten worse over the years. The head honcho has the best of intentions by making the changes they've made, but he doesn't see how it effects the little people. Some departments have supervisors that care and others can care less. Co-workers are amazing. I have never worked at a company where everyone gets along as well as people seem to here. The camaraderie is out of this world. I would say the hardest part of my job is the multitasking. You have to be able to do at least five things at the same time especially if you're a route manager. I like that I get to help people. My co-workers are another perk of the job.
Pros
Occasionally free breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
Cons
Pto, Healthcare, Management, new hires in customer service do not get the training they need.
A workplace that promotes hard work
Territory Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisville,TXSeptember 27, 2013
A typical day involved using both my body, and mind with the public. I learned about chemical composition, and how to mix them properly. The management works well to keep things running smoothly.

The job could be difficult at times, but my co-workers, and I worked as a team to keep things in order. The hardest part of the job was that the chemicals we used didn't always work well. The most enjoyable part was working independently on your own outside.
Pros
Team-oriented enviroment
Cons
Undependable lawn product use.
Good company poor management
Termite- Rodent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
Definitely a pecking order that is followed here which is understandable. Training pay lasts way too long and you're really doing manual labor for the majority of the time and not training. Pay was not as promised.
leadman
Landscaping Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2012
i was a leadman us to drive a truck and Restock lawn maintenance service truck, Tool and equipment inventory, In charge of maintenance truck and equipment, perform lawn maintenance and landscaping.
Pros
sometime i can go early home
Cons
alot of hours and not enough pay.
Counter prodructive company
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 5, 2012
Typical work day begins beteen 3-4 am and ends between 4-5:30 pm. I inspect buisness' for any and all pest issues and provie a face for our company in the busines environment.
Managment is now a micro managing and wants the employees to "run" their route like they own it but only by the way managment chooses which changes every 3-4 months.
Co-workers are like family members and are a tight nit group as you can get.
The hardest part of the job is trying to do what is expected of you to be a "5 star" specialist, with 2 star management and 2 star training.
Pros
work truck and company pays for gas
Cons
long hours, no family time and constant change within company and rules company enforces.
All about the $$$
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2012
Structures itself to limit risk at the expense of the employee. Everything is commission driven and recalls or pest warrranty service calls are on the backs of the technicians.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABC Home & Commercial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8