Sells pest prevention services to commercial organizations. Achieves or exceeds minimum expectations for revenue and profit. Develops and maintains prospective clients utilizing various methods (e.g., cold calls, trade shows, mailing lists, networking, etc.). Responds promptly to inquiries from prospective clients. Maintains prospect and clients records (online contact management program) in an organized and thorough manner. Submits sales activity reports to branch manager and Director of Sales as expected and/or requested.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interacts with others in a friendly, positive, and professional manner. Behaves and treats others in accordance with ABC's Commitment, Code of Ethics, Environmental Philosophy and Vision. Acts quickly and effectively to address actual or potential problems. Looks for opportunities to exceed client expectations. Maintains composure and self-control at all times.
2. Solicits and provides constructive and accurate feedback. Effectively uses communication technologies as required (e.g., telephone, computer, fax, email, etc.). Communicates effectively (verbal and written) and in a timely manner with peers, clients, and management.
3. Shares information with others who should know. Puts interest of team ahead of self when appropriate. Recognizes and celebrates successes of team members. Involves others when necessary to overcome challenges. Shows respect for a diverse range of opinions, ideas, and people. Offers suggestions for improvement; embraces and implements change. Takes advantage of company sponsored training programs and seeks independent programs for self-improvement to enhance job performance.
4. Effectively organizes and completes own work on timely basis. Consistently acts to get things done right the first time. Considers positive and negative consequences before acting. Demonstrates a sense of urgency to win (for self and team); takes initiative when necessary. Maintains and applies appropriate skill in expected area(s) of expertise; follows company policies and procedures.
5. Reports and paperwork are thorough, accurate, legible, and on time. Uses company resources/property in a skillful, professional, and respectful manner. Performs other tasks as requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
6. Obtains and maintains favorable attention from all personnel within prospective and current client organizations with the ability to influence decisions on purchasing company services. Identifies potential clients; makes contact with prospects using telephone, letters, and/or face-to-face visits for the purpose of selling company services. Develops matrix of contacts within prospect organizations. Conducts inspections to determine needs at client premises; prepares sales proposals and contracts that are clear, concise, grammatically correct, and benefit-oriented; pricing is consistent with company guidelines. Understands the buying cycle; recognizes buying signals; closes sales; meets or exceeds total, assigned sales goals. Develops contract sales budget in conjunction with branch manager and Director of Sales. Meets or exceeds contract sales budget. Flexes own personality and sales approach to take advantage of various sales opportunities. Works cooperatively with service and administrative personnel to take advantage of sales opportunities.
7. Contacts new clients shortly after starting service to ensure satisfaction; reports client concerns to appropriate person(s). Contacts own client on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction with company services. Meets with client on a mutually agreed frequency. Audits pricing/service structure on an annual basis. Renew agreements in client base or as assigned. Takes ownership of resolving client complaints by investigating complaints, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to appropriate person(s). Act as liaison between sales and service within ABC.
8. Keeps management informed of sales activities by accurately, thoroughly, and regularly submitting sales report, including but not limited to call reports, work plans, territory analysis, and annual territory analysis. Develops sales action plan for the branch.
9. Promotes and develops Copesan prospects. Works with and develops relationships within the Copesan network. Helps to achieve ABC's sales quotas. Participates in Copesan functions where/as appropriate.
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. U.S. citizen or alien authorized to work in the United States.
4. Valid motor vehicle operator's license.
5. No more than three speeding tickets in last three years.
6. No citations for driving while under the influence within last three years.
7. Read, speak, and comprehend English.
8. Pass pre-employment DOT physical and pre-employment drug screening.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Knowledge of sales building processes and practices.
2. Knowledge of pests, control products, services, and treatments. (Training provided)
3. Knowledge of MS Windows computer operating system.
4. Skill in using MS Word, MS Excel, online contact management program, and/or equivalent software programs.
5. Skill in closing sales within small, medium, and large prospect organizations.
6. Skill in oral and written communication.
7. Skill in planning and prioritizing work.
8. Skill in presenting company products and services.
9. Skill in promoting cooperation, building teamwork, and resolving conflict.
10. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
11. Ability to enter/exit structures and crawl spaces.
12. Ability to climb over and on top of structures.
13. Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
14. Ability to visually inspect for pests, pest harborage, pest entries, etc.
15. Ability to tolerate variety of environmental conditions, including seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations.